Live and Almost Live from Carnival Sunshine, May 17-26, 2013

I didn't think about that!!!! I sure hope it does. This ship is going to be home ported less than 4 hrs from me. I hope to become a regular on her!

I wish I was that close but I still consider NOLA my 2nd homeport and driveable at about 11 hours.....Homeport of Galveston is not much closer....9 hours....:mad:...I sure miss living in Dallas.......Still, having the Sunshine, Magic and Triumph within driving distance is a win for us....

Everything fine. Temp sitting at 70.

Wow...that's pretty chilly....guess I better put fuzzy socks on my packing list......:p

As many have said...the pictures are stunning....can't wait for BC7....any chance you plan to cruise the Triumph when she comes back? I don't have anything scheduled after BC7, but would love to see some pictures of all the upgrades before I decide.....

I wonder what the cost per can is...

And does that include 15% gratuity ? ;)

Had to laugh at that. I figure I will read below someone saying those machines work hard for that gratuity, or swap out for, someone has to fill those machines, don't they. :rolleyes:

Hi,

Pity about the weather, I hope it picks up for you.

Have you noticed if the No under 21 rule is being enforced in the Serenity area or is it just open to all?

It looks a really nice place on your pictures, thanks again for your effort.

28SAC

I imagine it will remain open to all till they fix the main pool, just like reported on the first "sailing".

Really enjoying the review Sarge and more importantly, all the pictures.

Extremely impressed with the makeover and decor. Sailed the Destiny and I see nothing of her in the pics.

This may need to be moved to the top of the bucket list.

How does she compare to the Breeze? Are they similar, does anyone know? It seems like they have the same kind of setup and decor other then color scheme......or do I need to see more pics. :)

Really enjoying the review Sarge and more importantly, all the pictures.

Extremely impressed with the makeover and decor. Sailed the Destiny and I see nothing of her in the pics.

This may need to be moved to the top of the bucket list.

How does she compare to the Breeze? Are they similar, does anyone know? It seems like they have the same kind of setup and decor other then color scheme......or do I need to see more pics. :)

From the pictures and what is suppose to be on the Sunshine, it seems like there is more amenities on the Sunshine than on the Breeze. Can't figure out how that's possible as the Breeze is a bigger ship. Will find out in November when we finally go on the Sunshine, I guess.

Hello we have booked for the sunshine 18th August just wondering if there is any tea and coffee facility's in the balcony cabins ? Also does any one know if children ages 2 and 7 also get charged for on board gratitude ? Many thanks Emma :)

Hello we have booked for the sunshine 18th August just wondering if there is any tea and coffee facility's in the balcony cabins ? Also does any one know if children ages 2 and 7 also get charged for on board gratitude ? Many thanks Emma :)

No Carnival ships have tea/coffee makers in the cabins.

Gratuities are charged for all passengers over age 2 and over. They can be adjusted if you choose to, but the crew is fabulous with kids and both the dining room team and your cabin steward teams bend over backwards for the kids.

Thanks Sarge for all your pics and the amazing review! You have sold me on this ship in the next year or so. We have the liberty planned for next year. My son (11), fell in love with the waterpark on the ship!!

Hope you have a great cruise and can't wait to hear the rest of the review!

Thanks so much for doing this review and posting all the pictures for us. I am yet another fan that looks forward to your posts!

We are booked on the Sunshine for January in an interior spa deck cabin. Would there be any way you can find out what kind of special amenities are available for us?

We're considering switching to a ocean view on a lower deck, but want to know if we'd be missing out on something great if we did that. Do you have the ability to get access to get pictures of the spa deck guests' amenities?

Thanks ahead of time either way!

We are on that cruise too on 16th - photos are great - so looking forward to it now :)

We are also on the June 16th cruise out of Venice---Ship looks amazing:)

Sarge-Thank you so much for posting all your pictures. . .much appreciated!!

AWESOME Pictures!!!:D

What is this oven? It looks like a microwave; I thought they couldn't have those on ships. The wires look pretty close to the sink, too.

Are they installing mico on the ships now?

Sargent_Schultz, Dry Dock Dave said he thinks he might have seen you today!

He said he was working on deck 5 aft and someone walked past him and looked at him like they sort-of knew him.

He was in a white t-shirt, baseball cap, looked scruffy and as if he needed a good sleep! (Dave, that is, not you!!) :D

Sargent_Schultz, Dry Dock Dave said he thinks he might have seen you today!

He said he was working on deck 5 aft and someone walked past him and looked at him like they sort-of knew him.

He was in a white t-shirt, baseball cap, looked scruffy and as if he needed a good sleep! (Dave, that is, not you!!) :D

Not sure about that - I was in Cinque Terre much of the day. Don't think I was on Deck 5 at all. Uploading pictures now. Full day tour tomorrow. Maybe the day after I could find him in the later afternoon. Maybe. :D

Hope your having a great trip! Have you noticed what the zip line feature at the ropes course is? I heard about it but don't see it in any of your photos. Great photos by the way! Thanks

I think he said in the beginning of this thread that people were getting hurt using it, so they have already eliminated it.

I just got back from the Sunshine inaugural cruise and will post a review in the next few days.

I just wanted to comment on the self serve beer. Some of the people I sailed with tried the ss beer and reported that they got about half a glass because it was extremely foamy. I didn't try it because when were got back from excursions and needed a beer (or two) we were out at the Red Frog bar out by the pool.

BTW, many of our group thought the best part of the refurb was Guy's and the Cantina on the pool deck. Delicious!!!

Sarge, I hope you are having a great time with no problems at all. Our sailing had many difficulties, even with the extra three weeks past the original dry dock timeline.

MTG

Hi Sarge. Thank you very much for your wonderful pictures. I need a favour. The thing is that we're on the June 16th sailing and have booked 2 rooms, 10121 & 10123. The customer care people confirm that these are interconnecting rooms from the inside but on the website the deck plans don't confirm the same. Could you please physically verify the same since we'll have my two kids sleep in the connecting room, which might become a big issue in case the rooms are not connected from the inside. I hope it's not too much to ask and it won't be of inconvenience to you. Thanks a ton in advance and have a wonderful time...:)

Sarge, you have a large following, including me. :) Thanks for taking your time to do this review, give us insite, and post pictures. Carnival should pay you. Have fun!

I'd say Zydecocruiser's (Sargent_Schultz's) following is anyone who has ever read one of his posted cruise reviews or looked at his website...so you might call that large. :):):):)

Archived