Stars At Sea

fg_hb

Hi Scrapnana - did you reply to my post of this morning - don't know how to get to the replies in here but it says in my email personal inbox that you have replied....Buffybear

Yes, I did. I see you found your roll call. I am travelling solo and have met many wonderful people on my roll call. Hope you have a similar experience on yours!

There are so many places to posts it is often hard to remember where you posted a question. Here is the one you posted.

Hi Candhu. It's going to be a lot of work. Here are my comments.

1. It looks much clearer now. It will be easier to follow.

2. Include a short 'mission statement'. What are you hoping to achieve from this comparison?

3. This may be what you are putting in your paragraph 2. The dates of voyages will be helpful, as conditions change.

4. As much as possible, abbreviate! People may not want to read too much. A picture paints a thousand words. Use bullet points perhaps. Think of your target audience who will want it to be easy to follow.

Just one tiny thing I noted; there are five "pools" on QM2, not "four".

Deck 13 "Splash Pool"

Deck 12 "Pavilion Pool"

Deck 8 "Terrace Pool"

Deck 7 "Spa Pool"

Deck 6 "Minnows Pool".

(and eight "hot tubs").

Other than that, I agree with what fantasy51 has said above.

Hope this helps :) .

Thanks pepperrn. I will adjust the final article to include the Minnows pool on deck 6. The present wording is only to test the layout. I have removed the reason for this comparison for the purpose of the test. The final article will have fewer words.

Just one tiny thing I noted; there are five "pools" on QM2, not "four".

Deck 13 "Splash Pool"

Deck 12 "Pavilion Pool"

Deck 8 "Terrace Pool"

Deck 7 "Spa Pool"

Deck 6 "Minnows Pool".

(and eight "hot tubs").

Other than that, I agree with what fantasy51 has said above.

Hope this helps :) .

No Deck 2, Golden Lion, "Football Pool"?

IF Cunard could snag Paul McCartney to play on the QM2, I'd book it in a minute! :D

It would be much better if they booked someone who could still sing live rather than needing all the studio magic tweaks that he does. His last two live debacles were absolutely terrible. He remains a great song writer but as a singer he sucks. See https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stop-Paul-McCartney-and-Elton-John-performing-at-any-more-national-events/210060052453738?fref=ts

It would be much better if they booked someone who could still sing live rather than needing all the studio magic tweaks that he does. His last two live debacles were absolutely terrible. He remains a great song writer but as a singer he sucks.
I have to disagree with you on this and I think you're being a little harsh about his voice cap'n, if I might say.

He has the perfect singing voice to empty an Olympic Stadium at the end of an opening ceremony for example.

I have to disagree with you on this and I think you're being a little harsh about his voice cap'n, if I might say.

He has the perfect singing voice to empty an Olympic Stadium at the end of an opening ceremony for example.

Very true, I had overlooked that part of his role:)

I understand that Rio have already booked him.

(Seriously, many parties have a karaoke spot where some old guy gets up and murders the songs of his youth, usually, as in this case, he can't remember all the words and ends up singing "la, la, la la la la, la la la, ..." ;) .)

And in case anyone is offended, two of greatest song writers of the last century, Lennon & McCartney, IMHO :) .

It sure does. You could have told me all day and I wouldn't have believed you until I heard it for myself. Don't bother posting anything from Rod Stewart because I'm not taking anymore chances. :D

Rod continues to be gravelly but Elton is another one who shouldn't sing live.

I understand that Rio have already booked him.

(Seriously, many parties have a karaoke spot where some old guy gets up and murders the songs of his youth, usually, as in this case, he can't remember all the words and ends up singing "la, la, la la la la, la la la, ..." ;) .)

And in case anyone is offended, two of greatest song writers of the last century, Lennon & McCartney, IMHO :) .

Wholeheartedly agree with you. The fact that most of these songs were written in their teens and twenties is amazing. However, my favorite Lennon/McCartney song is, in fact, a George Harrison song - and no it's not "Something" - as he took the first line of it from a James Taylor tune. :D

After all the negative comments on here about this cruise, I decided to phone my travel agent and ask her what she knew about this. Unsurprisingly she knew nothing about it and said she would make enquiries. Some 4 to 5 hours later she contacted me, having spent most of that time on my behalf. Apparently she was moved up the Cunard chain when discussing it with her. They confirm to her that there would be a German rock band concert on but it was only for part of the journey. To cut a long story short she arranged a transfer to the QE (at more cost to myself because of the balcony cabin). I have been assured that Cunard have no intention of running a rock concert on this cruise.

So any comparison between the QM and the Eclipse will have to wait. I'm not too sure if comparing the QE with the Eclipse is reasonable. They are of similar age, but the QE is only 3/4 the tonnage of the Eclipse. My pppd fare for the QE is much less than that for the Eclipse.

Archived