To Breeze or Not To Breeze....

Hi all! I am usually a pretty loyal Royal cruiser (no grief please!) who has only sailed Carnival once... it was less than a great experience, but I think that was mainly due to the length of cruise and the old boat.

My hubby and I are wanting to cruise this year, but Royal is proving to be simply too expensive.

We are accustomed to going on Oasis and Allure. For any of you who have done these ships, will I be happy with Breeze? There is a LOT to do on those ships. It looks like there is a fair amount to do on Breeze too, but Im looking to hear from people who can confirm. Any help is appreciated! :D

Hi all! I am usually a pretty loyal Royal cruiser (no grief please!) who has only sailed Carnival once... it was less than a great experience, but I think that was mainly due to the length of cruise and the old boat.

My hubby and I are wanting to cruise this year, but Royal is proving to be simply too expensive.

We are accustomed to going on Oasis and Allure. For any of you who have done these ships, will I be happy with Breeze? There is a LOT to do on those ships. It looks like there is a fair amount to do on Breeze too, but Im looking to hear from people who can confirm. Any help is appreciated! :D

We are also Loyal To Royal and just got back from the Breeze last week. We had a great time and I am looking at doing the 8 Day sometime next year on the Breeze.

You can see my review that I have been working on this week at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1843855

I hope to start Day 4 of the review today.

Two words - To Breeze!

Thank you both! I have been reading your post, Outtoseacruise, and I am REALLY enjoying it! I am especially happy that you have included a Camp Carnival flyer, because we will be bringing our 3 year old son if we go. We are looking at the exact same itinerary with Key West, Grand Turk and Nassau. I am anxiously awaiting the rest of your review! :)

IMO, unless you count on the flow rider, rock wall, etc., for your entertainment, you'll be more than happy with a "Breeze" cruise IMO. ;) Especially, when you find all that extra money in your pocket, that you didn't spend on the fare! :cool: Seriously, "Breeze" is an outstanding cruise, with lots and lots of activities, and once again, IMO, an excellent itinerary. I don't hesitate to recommend "Breeze" to any of my friends, and anyone who asks. Hope to see you aboard. I'll be "Breezing" on September 14th. :D

"SKY"

It's been a while since I've sailed RCI (which I really enjoyed). I'm definitely planning the Allure/Oasis one of these days and am booking the Quantum as soon as bookings open in June. It had been a decade plus since I sailed Carnival and decide to give the Breeze a try. All around it was a let down for me. There was just something missing. The entertainment was awful. Food was overall okay - some things were good (sure didn't starve). The kids club was good (my daughter did enjoy it). Service was okay. Didn't really care for the kinds of activities on board. Biggest disappointment for me (no fault of Carnival) was not being able to get into Grand Turk due to rough seas. The Breeze was just not enough to get me back on Carnival.

We did sail on the Epic (B2B with the Breeze) and I have to say I LOVED it. Great entertainment, very good food, lots going on, loved the live music and pool deck, good kids club, etc., etc. It was out first cruise with NCL and we're sailing on the Breakaway in 3 weeks. Now that's a ship with a lot to do!!

I do always recommend trying "something else" because you never what else you may like. Hope you have a good cruise, whatever you do.

........... It looks like there is a fair amount to do on Breeze too, but Im looking to hear from people who can confirm. Any help is appreciated! :D

CruiseCouple02,

We sailed Breeze 8 day Southern over Spring Break and after 8 days my conclusion was that we'd need to do a B2B on her to experience everything; in other words we had a great time and knew about other activities, but didn't have time to do them all.

Our experience cannot be blamed on not knowing where things were or not being familiar with Carnival; we're Platinum on Carnival (Myself, DW, and three sons) and have sailed Breeze's sister ship Carnival Dream so we knew the layout and didn't need a map.

Speaking of Breeze's older sister.....all I can say is that Breeze obviously has a different parent. :rolleyes:

I cannot compare first hand to Oasis class. I have priced the big sisters and considered them, but now with Breeze in the Carnival family I don't know that I'll be trying Oasis in the near future. I had planned to sail her ~2014, but airfare nixed flying to port so we opted for Pride out of Baltimore sailing to our favorite port of Half Moon Cay. (Our airfare to Miami for our last cruise was over $500 / passenger and that's not counting luggage). If Pride were sailing it's Freeport, Nassau, Cape Canaveral route we'd have looked closer at Princess, RCCL or NCL from reasonable driving distance ports.

In terms of co$t, Breeze was ~$7500 for six passengers in three cabins. One cabin was an aft wrap balcony ($), one aft balcony, and one interior. We could have saved a lot of ca$h by going with different cabins, but we prefer aft wraps. Comparable cabins on Oasis were in excess of $14k and Oasis itineraries are less than stellar. Breeze sailed to Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Aruba, and Curacao. (Grand Turk was closed so we stopped in Nassau instead).

If you are interested in what we did and what we didn't get to do you can check my review posted in this forum. It's mostly pictures, but it will give you an idea of what to expect.

We did sail on the Epic (B2B with the Breeze) and I have to say I LOVED it.

I keep hearing wonderful things about Epic. I had the chance to pick Epic or Conquest for the same price (but I would have had to fly to Epic) for this past Feb and picked Conquest. I enjoyed Conquest, but with all the Epic rave reviews on my TAs forum, I finally caved and going to try Epic myself.

OP I loved Magic and thought it was beautiful. I dont think you will find as much going on as Oasis, but I enjoyed the cruise. I dont need constant entertainment. Magic is the ship right before Breeze. since Magic goes out of Texas I would choose that before Breeze since they are sister ships, even though Breeze does have more.

I haven't sailed Oasis or Allure, but I LOVED the Breeze! There seemed to be lots to do, although I am happy with not doing much of anything:o I'm anxiously awaiting them to release the Breeze's schedule for next fall. While I can take an interesting Splendor itinerary from NY, I would fly to FL to do the Breeze if the ports and the friends line up correctly. She is a beautiful ship, staff was excellent, food was good (with plenty of options) and she was large enough without being monsterous. My review is in my signature (we did the 8 day).:)

Archived