Problem Lifts on Dream

Just wondering have any of you good people on this site noticed the latest message on facebook from a lady who would never go on the Dream again """quote"" """PHYSICALLY THE SHIP ITSELF HAD UNRELIABLE LIFTS AND INSUFFICIENT FUNCTIONING PUBLIC AREA TOILETS """

Has anyone before had problems with the lifts or public toilets, thanks for your help...:confused::confused:

it has to be said that yes, the lifts on dream do sometimes seem to have a mind of their own??

not all the lifts go all the way up/or all the way down

the lifts are always busy

there are people who will press all the buttons? or wont wait for a full lifts doors to close before pressing the call button (making the doors open again)

and i am constantly amazed by how many people will wait for 10 minutes to go down one flight of stairs?

I have seen blocked public toilets on dream ....especially on the last day when 100's of people are using them to freshen up before their flights.....crew usually sort them pretty quickly

Just wondering have any of you good people on this site noticed the latest message on facebook from a lady who would never go on the Dream again """quote"" """PHYSICALLY THE SHIP ITSELF HAD UNRELIABLE LIFTS AND INSUFFICIENT FUNCTIONING PUBLIC AREA TOILETS """

Has anyone before had problems with the lifts or public toilets, thanks for your help...:confused::confused:

Lifts are slow but we were on earlier this year and wasn't aware of problems other than that. As for insufficient functioning public toilets - I wonder whether that was during the NV outbreak which took some out of commission for emergency cleaning (don't want to think about it!:eek:).

I thought the provision of public toilets was reasonably good on Dream inasmuch as I didn't witness queues (except very temporarily say when the theatre emptied and quite a few people make for the same ones near the exits of the show lounge). And as far as I can remember, the ones I visited were in very good order and smart having been modernised way before the Platinum fiasco.

My view would be to see if there are any more reports in the same vein. It may just be a little something which got under someone's skin that other people may have been more tolerant of - or as I say a result of temporary problems.

But it is true to say the lifts are slow and unpredictable especially at pressure times i.e. embarkation, the ones at the gangway when lots of people are returning from trips, start of meal times etc. But on holiday I'm pretty relaxed and just don't let that kind of thing get to me although I can imagine it may bother some.

To be honest lifts dont really annoy me very much as i dont really like using them and will try and use the stairs as much as possible to lessen the guilt for all the lovely food and wine i am going to consume. Lifts for me would only be at night when i have a big pair of 4 inch heels on and a few vinos :):):)

However it would be very much an issue for any person who would have walking difficulties and i would therefore feel for them.

but yes lets just wait and see if there are any more complaints to see if this has become a bigger problem since ye guys were last on the Dream.

I dont know if you have seen that message on Facebook but it looks like this issue could be going to court so this was why i was worried as it does seem to be quite concerning.

T

I dont know if you have seen that message on Facebook but it looks like this issue could be going to court so this was why i was worried as it does seem to be quite concerning.

:eek::eek: No not involved with that site so this is news to me. Oh dear sounds rather more serious than just lack of patience and unpredictable lifts. We'll have to await further info.

Just lost my post so have to start again. Grrr.

My husband walks with a stick and finds stairs difficult, so I travelled in the lift with him a few times. I found them slow at times but understood you didn't always get to your floor straight away as I think the sequence of the buttons being pressed to summon the lift or to get to your chosen floor meant you could go up and down a few times before getting to where you wanted to be, and so if you were in a while it got a bit airless for me, but I coped with it and understood that it happened.

I did start to walk to our chosen floor and wait till he arrived in the lift as it did seem daft to go to the gym but spend time in the lift!!

Didn't see any public toilet problems.

Just lost my post so have to start again. Grrr.

My husband walks with a stick and finds stairs difficult, so I travelled in the lift with him a few times. I found them slow at times but understood you didn't always get to your floor straight away as I think the sequence of the buttons being pressed to summon the lift or to get to your chosen floor meant you could go up and down a few times before getting to where you wanted to be, and so if you were in a while it got a bit airless for me, but I coped with it and understood that it happened.

I did start to walk to our chosen floor and wait till he arrived in the lift as it did seem daft to go to the gym but spend time in the lift!!

Didn't see any public toilet problems.

Thanks for your post, i hope toilets are the same when i am on board and that Thompson get the lifts sorted for anyone who is unable to use stairs..

To be honest lifts dont really annoy me very much as i dont really like using them and will try and use the stairs as much as possible to lessen the guilt for all the lovely food and wine i am going to consume. Lifts for me would only be at night when i have a big pair of 4 inch heels on and a few vinos :):):)

However it would be very much an issue for any person who would have walking difficulties and i would therefore feel for them.

but yes lets just wait and see if there are any more complaints to see if this has become a bigger problem since ye guys were last on the Dream.

I dont know if you have seen that message on Facebook but it looks like this isqsue could be going to court so this was why i was worried as it does seem to be quite concerning.

I have not seen any complaints on the closed Thomson Cruise site. Which site is it on? It may have been taken off now.

This is the comment:-

Crew on the Dream were fantastic and are exceptionally good, a wonderful experience just to be in their company for a short while. Brilliant crew, what a joy! I experienced trouble with the back-office processes which is likely to result in me initiating court action so I don't want to say anything here. Physically the ship itself had unreliable lifts and insufficient functioning public area toilets.

I hope the lifts are not to much of a problem. My sister will struggle with the stairs as for the toilets perhaps we should consider tena pads for evening use? I do remember a Billy Connolly sketch some years back.

The lifts are logical. half the problem with the lifts being unreliable??? is people :eek:

If you want to go up just press the up button if you want to go down just press the down button NOT ALL OF THEM. ;)

Totally agree!! Lifts & toilets all fine when we were last on. I'll find out again in just over two weeks :p

That wouldn't stop the kids that ran from lift to lift pressing every button they could see over and over!!!

That's down to the parenting. Mine would never do that, they wouldn't dare!! :eek::eek:

The problem is the buttons!

There are 4 per lift....and not a lot of people know this..... the bottom two buttons are lights :D

You see lots of people pressing them and nothing happens ;)

The problem is the buttons!

There are 4 per lift....and not a lot of people know this..... the bottom two buttons are lights :D

You see lots of people pressing them and nothing happens ;)

I kept doing that :o:o

We thought the lifts were much worse than last time. I think the problem is that when you press the button (if you press the right one :rolleyes:) it calls both lifts, so if there are two of you one stands by each lift and then when one arrives, the person at the other lift has to sprint across. The problem comes when one of the people is unable to sprint, so people stand holding the button until the other person has reached the available lift :rolleyes:

Archived