Steak house. Is it worth it?

fsugurl

Keep in mind, the cost of the meal is really the $35 pp plus whatever cost you place on the MDR meal you're not eating. :)

That really makes no sense, there is no cost for the MDR. At best you can say it's $35pp plus the tips for you're MDR wait staff. But some cheapo's will even remove that :rolleyes:

Am I understanding this correctly that if you make a reservation for the first night onboard, you get a free bottle of wine with dinner? Is this written anywhere? Do you get to choose what kind of wine you'd like? TIA!

From what I understand it is not written down anywhere but you do get a free bottle of either the house red or white per booking on the first night. I don't drink wine, but from reading several posts it is OK wine but certainly not top of the line. But, free is free!

You can order both, but they are each smaller portions. And it's only one certain steak, not any of the steaks.

Just came off the Freedom and my DH did the Surf and Turf in the Sun King Steakhouse. It was a 4 oz. Filet Mignon and 1/2 a Maine Lobster Tail. With ehe appetizers, sides dishes and dessert, it was certainly enough to fill him up and the steak and lobster tail were a much better quality than we had in the MDR.

We just got off the Freedom Saturday. The MDR got a solid 8++ from us both and the Sun King Steakhouse got a 10+ We went twice and thought the service and food was outstanding and well worth the money.

You can order both, but they are each smaller portions. And it's only one certain steak, not any of the steaks.

Ok thanks, I do see a surf and turf on their menu now. I am ok with small portions, not trying to get stuffed.

Just came off the Freedom and my DH did the Surf and Turf in the Sun King Steakhouse. It was a 4 oz. Filet Mignon and 1/2 a Maine Lobster Tail. With ehe appetizers, sides dishes and dessert, it was certainly enough to fill him up and the steak and lobster tail were a much better quality than we had in the MDR.

Ok, thanks. I couldn't remember what the steak was. That sounds right though, 4oz fillet mignon and 5oz lobster tail.

I will never pay for it , I remember when it was free :eek:

I'm honestly just being curious, why do you hate Carnival so much? Did something happen to you onboard once or were you mistreated in some way? It's just that everytime you respond and I mean every time it's always something negative and it never answers or helps the OP's question it's usually just a dig at Carnival. Why so hateful all the time?

One last question....how in the heck do you book? I'm thinking I am going to cancel out FTTF because we will not be arriving in Ft Lauderdale until later than planned so really it will only be $20.00 more! Thanks in advance!

One last question....how in the heck do you book? I'm thinking I am going to cancel out FTTF because we will not be arriving in Ft Lauderdale until later than planned so really it will only be $20.00 more! Thanks in advance!

Go to My Cruise Manager. There's a link there to book the steakhouse. :D Enjoy!

First night steakhouse reservations is one of my cruising traditions. The fact that I can get something FREE (bottle of wine) from carnival makes me happy! :D

I'm in total agreement with the other posters that it is well worth the price of $35.

Go and enjoy then come back here and let us know of your experience...

You can book online through my cruise manager, or like I did, you can book it on the ship.

We've never done it. We have done Chef's Table and that was phenomenal, but we did it on cruise #3.

I wouldn't recommend it to first timers. Enjoy the MDR! Once that becomes 'tired' than move up a little. If you do it on your first cruise, what do you have for your second?

We've never done it. We have done Chef's Table and that was phenomenal, but we did it on cruise #3.

I wouldn't recommend it to first timers. Enjoy the MDR! Once that becomes 'tired' than move up a little. If you do it on your first cruise, what do you have for your second?

I disagree. Enjoy everything the ship has to offer. If you miss the Main Dining Room dinner one night, it's fine. Besides, Skittl1321 has never done it.

That's like saying "Don't get a balcony cabin until your second cruise so you can enjoy it more."

You don't have to withhold pleasures so you have more to enjoy the next time. You learn what you like and what you don't care about if you experience as much as you can and can afford.

Archived