Outlets on celebrity 2 prong or 3

guidance lady

We just bought a cool travel/charging kit outlet at Costco that plugs into an existing one. It is equipped with 1 receptacle plus 2 USB port outlets. It seems perfect for our iPads, phones, kindles etc. the prong part in back has 3, the grounding one plus the traditional North American 2. My husband's question is does the outlet in the room take the grounding prong or do we need to yank it out? As many times ] as I've been on the ships I can't recall.

Is there someone on board right now who can tell me, or a recent traveller? We haven't cruised since April. Duh! :rolleyes:

Thanks

Nely

I know Reflection has 3 prongs so I guess others do. Don't pull the grounding prong out - buy an adaptor - costs about 50 cents (I live in an old house with two prong outlets, so I've used many of them).

All cabins we've been on, on any Celebrity ship, have always had both the standard 3 prong (grounded) North American 110V outlets and the round European 220V outlets.

IMG_3908-W-M.jpg

Thank you so much, I knew I could count on you all.

Hey guys,

Can you tell me the name of the travel kit? We only have a Sam's here (no Costco) and I'm hoping to find it elsewhere (I tried google and Sharper Image is the closest thing I've found). Thanks.

We purchased a Belkin 3-Outlet Mini Travel Swivel Charger Surge Protector with Dual USB Ports on Amazon. It is available right now for only $10.18. The prongs swivel 360 degrees to better fit wherever it is plugged in, and has built in surge protection. It is similar in size to a 12oz can of soda, only rectangular in shape.

372.jpg

We purchased a Belkin 3-Outlet Mini Travel Swivel Charger Surge Protector with Dual USB Ports on Amazon. It is available right now for only $10.18. The prongs swivel 360 degrees to better fit wherever it is plugged in, and has built in surge protection. It is similar in size to a 12oz can of soda, only rectangular in shape.

372.jpg

I like the Belkin better, seems to take up less room.

Hi,

Just an extension question - does the Solstice have the type of 3 pin plugs we use "downunder" or do we need to bring an international adaptor?

No.

They only have the North American 110V style outlets and the European 220V outlets. So bring a Australian to European adapter for your items and you can also bring an Australian to North American style adapter if you have 110V compatible items.

I hope the photo comes through. It is made by RCA

For those that want something that's both USB and a pseudo strip, i have one of these (and have used it on every cruise I've been on).

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-3-Outlet-Travel-Charger-Protector/dp/B0015DYMVO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369936482&sr=8-1&keywords=power+trip+with+usb

Love it, works great for my needs as I often need to charge something USB and something else at the same time like a laptop.

I like the Belkin better, seems to take up less room.

Oh haha I posted a link to this before reading the entire thread. I can vouch for this little gem, I love it and use it in my everyday life too, so not just travel!

• 1 month later...

Just as a reminder: the adapters mentioned above are not universal adapters in terms of voltage. They are (unless I missed something in the thread) all for use with 110v. If you are just using the adapter on a Celebrity ship or in the US, the adapters/power strips mentioned should work well. I have been told that if one is planning on using an adapter or power strip in a hotel in any country (UK, Europe, Australia, Thailand, etc.) that uses 220-240v AND also use it in the US or on a Celebrity ship (110v), then you would need a universal adapter/power strip (110-240v). I am not referring to a voltage converter, but rather, an adapter that simply gives you additional outlets for usage (that which has been discussed in this thread). I'm not an expert in terms of electrical usage, so I hope someone with expert knowledge will confirm that this is correct information.

372.jpg

I have the Belkin too and keep it stored in my carry on so I never forget it. It has been invaluable with the multi directional plug, and 3+2USB. If you have a tablet get the more expensive one (2.1A) if you want to charge via the USB.

Edit: These don't work with international plug adapters since the surge protection circuitry would interpret a 220V input as a surge. But for the ship and domestic travel they are fantastic.

Archived