British Isles Cruise on Infinity 5-13-13 Review

vtcruising

Thank you for your fabulous review. Your experience in Normandy brought tears to my eyes too. What a beautiful moment. For St Peter's Port, you did exactly what i would love to do...do the museum, see some things from the book and get a tour. You said you got by taxi. How did you arrange? Right on the pier? How much did the guide charge? Thank you.

Thank you for your fabulous review. Your experience in Normandy brought tears to my eyes too. What a beautiful moment. For St Peter's Port' date=' you did exactly what i would love to do...do the museum, see some things from the book and get a tour. You said you got by taxi. How did you arrange? Right on the pier? How much did the guide charge? Thank you.[/quote']

I booked my guide online. If you search Guernsey accredited guides you will get a list to choose from. Our guide was 40 pounds/hour - you may find someone less expensive on that list. He was a very sweet retired banker who was flexible and was very happy to show off his lovely island.

There were taxis next to the tender dock, but the drivers might not be accredited guides (if that makes a difference).

It was fun to see some of the places described in the book. I want to read it again now :).

I would love to hear some positive feedback from infinity main dining room.

The MDR was fabulous! We had select (anytime) dining for four people and didn't have to wait for a table at any time more than 15 minutes. We ate in the MDR 9 of the 11 nights and the food and service were excellent. We were surpised to see escargot introduced on the 2nd day on the daily menu! Our other two nights were in QSine. That was a fun experience!

This was our first Celebrity cruise and they are now our favorite of Royal, Princess and Carnival.

The MDR was fabulous! We had select (anytime) dining for four people and didn't have to wait for a table at any time more than 15 minutes. We ate in the MDR 9 of the 11 nights and the food and service were excellent. We were surpised to see escargot introduced on the 2nd day on the daily menu! Our other two nights were in QSine. That was a fun experience!

This was our first Celebrity cruise and they are now our favorite of Royal, Princess and Carnival.

Thank you so much Madame B!

We flew into Paris and had pre-arranged with the hotel to have a car (and driver) waiting for us,

Thank you so much for your review! I will be on the August 5 British Isle sailing and wanted to do a tour of Paris when the ship stops in Le Havre. Would you mind sharing the name of the company your hotel used, and the cost?

Thanks again.

Thank you so much for your review! I will be on the August 5 British Isle sailing and wanted to do a tour of Paris when the ship stops in Le Havre. Would you mind sharing the name of the company your hotel used, and the cost?

Thanks again.

Sorry, I don't know. When we booked the hotel, we had the option to book a car to pick us up at the airport. They took care of everything and I never knew the company's name. It cost 60 euros, I believe.

Maybe a search of the Cruise Critic ports of call for Le Havre would have the info you need. I use that extensively to book private tours.

We are booked on this cruise for next August (2014). You have answered a lot of questions for us. We are also booked in aft, cabin 1140. We love Blu and also sailed on the Silhouette last year out of Cape Liberty. Actually we loved the Silhouette and found the staff to be amazing. Especially in Blu.

This trip is on our bucket list and we are so looking forward to it. Wanted to do it this year but our kids are moving to new homes.

We are both of Irish and English heritage so this will be an amazing trip for us.

Again many thanks,

Cruiserone

"We are booked on this cruise for next August (2014). You have answered a lot of questions for us. We are also booked in aft, cabin 1140."

You are lucky to have that cabin - it should be nice and warm so you can enjoy the awesome balcony!

"We love Blu and also sailed on the Silhouette last year out of Cape Liberty. Actually we loved the Silhouette and found the staff to be amazing. Especially in Blu."

We loved the Silhouette and the staff too - what a wonderful cruise!

"We are both of Irish and English heritage so this will be an amazing trip for us."

That will make it more interesting for sure. My husband's grandmother was straight from Scotland so we looked up her clan in a book in a store in Scotland - we narrowed it down to 2 possible ones so he bought ties with each plaid and will do more research at home to see which one it is. If we had figured it out there, his plan was to buy a kilt and wear it to formal night with a tie and jacket! :)

Love a man in a kilt!!!! Lot's of questions about those kilts and can make for some interesting conversation. We got to sit with the captain on the Silhouette and had a gent with us that wore a kilt. Kept the table lively all night;)

Thank you again.

The sommelier in Blu was Maggie. She was excellent and seemed on top of everything. We had the premium package, but we ate with people with the basic package and some without a package and she treated everyone the same. She learned our likes and dislikes and then somehow stayed on top of everything throughout the meal.

If you are interested in the connoisseur dinner, I would just ask her about it and she can sign you up.

I'm thinking Maggie was our sommelier in Blu on the Solstice back in 2011. I hope so, she was wonderful!

Love a man in a kilt!!!! Lot's of questions about those kilts and can make for some interesting conversation. We got to sit with the captain on the Silhouette and had a gent with us that wore a kilt. Kept the table lively all night;)

Thank you again.

Yes, one of our Scottish kilted guides made it clear what he wasn't wearing under the kilt. It was a windy day, but must be they know how to keep them from blowing up - made for fun conversation in the van!

I'm thinking Maggie was our sommelier in Blu on the Solstice back in 2011. I hope so, she was wonderful!

It likely was her. She mentioned that she had been on the Solstice and will be going back to the Solstice after this contract, I believe.

I would try both. They are both distinct experiences. We loved Qsine (went twice) on Silhouette - a fun experience. Infinity's Qsine had great food too and I think it's worth going for the experience. SS United States is more of an elegant experience. Both served lunch on one of the sea days so that is a less expensive way to experience these restaurants.

We will reserve both and give them a try. I'm sure we will enjoy the experience based on your comments.

Elaine

It likely was her. She mentioned that she had been on the Solstice and will be going back to the Solstice after this contract, I believe.

She sounds so good, I hope her contract includes the 24th June sailing

Thank you for great review. Really appreciate the information on tours. Do you remember what the cab fare was in Guernsey for the tour with your guide?

He was 40 pounds/hour - there are other guides for hire (Google Guernsey accredited guides) that may be less expensive. There were taxis waiting by the dock - not sure if they would be cheaper (or as good as having an accredited guide).

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

She sounds so good, I hope her contract includes the 24th June sailing

I think it does - I don't remember for sure, but it seemed like she wasn't close to the end of her contract.

Have a glass of Conundrum for me! :)

Thanks for the excellent review. I too have this itinerary n my bucket list. I am fascinated by Guernsey after reading both "Potato Peel" and "The Soldiers Wife" regarding the German occupation in WWII.

Do you have any photos you could share?

I think it does - I don't remember for sure, but it seemed like she wasn't close to the end of her contract.

Have a glass of Conundrum for me! :)

Oh we will and thanks for reminding me, I had forgotten about conundrum :)

Thanks for the excellent review. I too have this itinerary n my bucket list. I am fascinated by Guernsey after reading both "Potato Peel" and "The Soldiers Wife" regarding the German occupation in WWII.

I enjoyed the Potato Peel book - going to the Occupation Museum and going inside a old bunker (and seeing all the remnants of the occupation all over the island) made it all real and it was chilling.

I just uploaded pictures yesterday and will get organized over the weekend. I will send out some pictures of this lovely place.

I enjoyed the Potato Peel book - visiting the Occupation Museum and going inside an old bunker (and seeing the remnants of the occupation all over the island) made it very real - it was chilling.

I am in the process of organizing my photos and will try to get some out soon of this lovely place.

Archived