Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Congrats on getting a GS for the 1/3/15 sailing. We all have a price that we feel comfortable with, so good for you.

Since you have a GS, your cabin is already partly completed and on the ship right now in the building dock. If you go back on this thread and look for photos that have mid-ship blocks you may see your cabin especially if it’s on the starboard side (there are more pictures of the starboard side from webcam, tourist, press and etc. And don't forget Lloyd's secrete camera :))

thanks! we are on starboard - 12642, which is on the middle hump, starboard side. i'll have to go through the photos - i'll probably wait until DH gets home, b/c i know he'll want to see them, too! the balcony cabin we had originally booked was port side and i know i hadn't seen any actual pictures of it, though i'd seen its equivalent on the starboard side.

the lack of pictures/information is pretty frustrating. this is the first build i'm following, but it sounds like there were a lot more picture updates for oasis. i find it fascinating.

thanks! we are on starboard - 12642, which is on the middle hump, starboard side. i'll have to go through the photos - i'll probably wait until DH gets home, b/c i know he'll want to see them, too! the balcony cabin we had originally booked was port side and i know i hadn't seen any actual pictures of it, though i'd seen its equivalent on the starboard side.

the lack of pictures/information is pretty frustrating. this is the first build i'm following, but it sounds like there were a lot more picture updates for oasis. i find it fascinating.

Well here is a start. This picture is posted on this thread and is also available on the RCI Press page. Zoom into mid-ship and there you are.

321405254_QuantumfromRCCLPR1-14-13.jpg.8b769016fab7489da59f5bfbc28d39e5.jpg

Since you have a GS, your cabin is already partly completed and on the ship right now in the building dock. If you go back on this thread and look for photos that have mid-ship blocks you may see your cabin especially if it’s on the starboard side (there are more pictures of the starboard side from webcam, tourist, press and etc. And don't forget Lloyd's secrete camera :))

i found both the views i was looking for in post 1092. thanks for the suggestion! (and thanks to lloyd for posting the pix). i was going to wait for DH to get home to look through the pictures, but I'm just too excited. ;)

I am still hoping they add another port in place of Samana. I keep thinking St Maarten could even be possible because there are only four ships in port on the day that would replace Samana, 3/25/15. I have seen six ships dock at St Maarten at the same time.

I'm on one of the itineraries that lost Samana, too. St Maarten would be great; I've only been there once. I noticed they changed some of the times around for the San Juan overnight, and my dining is now back to 8:30 instead of my time, so they do seem to be making some incremental adjustments.

I'm also curious to see the prices that should be released this week. I did sadly notice that our Jan 3 cruise seems higher per night than the other 7 and 8 nighters in the fall/winter. I can't bring myself to change dates, though, as I know I'll want to get out of town mid-winter! :D

With that said, what do we think prices are going to look like for a 8, 9 or 12 night sailing in Summer 2015?

Arm, leg, and torso respectively :p

In all seriousness, the prevailing wisedom is 9 night / 5 night only for Summer 2015, but we'll know for sure soon. Regardless, I'm a big believer in booking early so I'll be doing just that when Quantum extends hopefully this week. I wouldn't expect too many price drops with Quantum, but I'll be watching anyway.

Edited by Dave85

In all seriousness, the prevailing wisedom is 9 night / 5 night only for Summer 2015, but we'll know for sure soon. Regardless, I'm a big believer in booking early so I'll be doing just that when Quantum extends hopefully this week. I wouldn't expect too many price drops with Quantum, but I'll be watching anyway.

LOL! I also agree with you on that. Prices are going up and up not down for any category.

That block has been in a video, photos and a NOZ newspaper article. I'm thinking of getting a tattoo of it for my arm as well! :D

That bow block now in Hall 5 could be for rither ship. If it's for the Quantum, you'd think it would be in the basin now.

OK back to regular programming here on the blocks. I still have not given up on trying to find out what that space between the life boats could be. He is a question. How many big life boats are on the Quantum renderings vs. how many are on every deck 5 plan that has been published? 9 vs. 8. So which one is missing? Hmmmm! Also notice the spacing between the lifeboat winches. They are pretty much standard except for the ones between the last three and two lifeboat on the pictures. Its all speculation but am I seeing things? :)

OK back to regular programming here on the blocks. I still have not given up on trying to find out what that space between the life boats could be. He is a question. How many big life boats are on the Quantum renderings vs. how many are on every deck 5 plan that has been published? 9 vs. 8. So which one is missing? Hmmmm! Also notice the spacing between the lifeboat winches. They are pretty much standard except for the ones between the last three and two lifeboat on the pictures. Its all speculation but am I seeing things? :)

We could use more up to date photos and updated detailed deck plans to get answers. The renderings - we are learning - can be ambiguous.

I have new information from the Meyer Werft concerning the blocks of the Anthem in front of the Quantum:

They build two swimming parts of the Anthem in front of the Quantum (one after another). After the Float Out of the Quantum, they will float in these two parts.

Maybe we will see two Anthem "mini float outs"?

Back to this old post because I have trouble picturing the float out of sections of a ship. It's photos like this one of AIDAsol that make it easy to 'grasp'. Thanks to André (remember him!?) for sending it to me recently!

sektion683ynzhg.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

We could use more up to date photos and updated detailed deck plans to get answers. The renderings - we are learning - can be ambiguous.

Back to this old post because I have trouble picturing the float out of sections of a ship. It's photos like this one of AIDAsol that make it easy to 'grasp'. Thanks to André (remember him!?) for sending it to me recently!

sektion683ynzhg.jpg

That is very cool. I rember seeing similar mini floats out on the web before but not sure which line. Maybe it was disney. The prep they have to do to ensure its water tight, just amazing stuff. Thank you to Andre, yes we remember him.

With that said, what do we think prices are going to look like for a 8, 9 or 12 night sailing in Summer 2015?

Mine is a12 night sailing in a cat d0. Current price is 4467 give or take.

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

I'm right there with you, watching the prices. You never know and never say never.

Just remember, when Quantum opened for booking I think everyone was shocked at the prices. Not because they were so much, but because across the board they were considerably less than anyone expected. Since these will be summer you've got a huge premium to add for peak season, but I would not expect it to be too much more than Explorer on day 1. By day 30 it may be though.

Well here is a start. This picture is posted on this thread and is also available on the RCI Press page. Zoom into mid-ship and there you are.

[ATTACH]301830[/ATTACH]

Cool I think I maybe seeing my cabin too. One of the studio balconies on deck 6 starboard. :-)

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Off to Florida to cruise on the Allure of the Seas for a week (before it goes into dry dock for its propulsion fix).

GULP!! Won’t be accessing internet until Sunday, February 23rd!

Have a great week everybody! Hope to come back to posts full of new reveals, updates and new build photos from Royal Caribbean!!

Close the door! Everybody can see my aft!

Backdooropen_zps3995c327.jpg

Ya. I'm not givin' you anything revealing. It won’t help answer any deck 5 Promenade/Esplanade or outside sea view questions, but we do have a nice view of the unpainted rock wall up on the top deck. :D

(Bet you $1 that when the customs agent asks me what ship I am sailing on, I’m going to say ‘Quantum of the Seas’ by mistake!)

Off to Florida to cruise on the Allure of the Seas for a week (before it goes into dry dock for its propulsion fix).

Have a great week everybody! Hope to come back to posts full of new reveals, updates and new build photos from Royal Caribbean!!

(Bet you $1 that when the customs agent asks me what ship I am sailing on, I’m going to say ‘Quantum of the Seas’ by mistake!)

I'm not even going to ask about the photo.:rolleyes:

Some posts full of new reveals, updates and new build photos from Royal Caribbean. We can only hope! I may check the site now and then. I'll keep you updated whenever I run into you on the ship.

See you on the Allure, Lloyd!

Close the door! Everybody can see my aft!

Backdooropen_.

Ya. I'm not givin' you anything revealing. It won’t help answer any deck 5 Promenade/Esplanade or outside sea view questions, but we do have a nice view of the unpainted rock wall up on the top deck. :D

Lloyd- Have a great time on Allure. Its a great fun, fantastic ship. Be sure to check the Samba Grille.

I am sure you will find out more about Quantum, deployments and all things RC while on your cruise. That one on one with the Captain should be quite revealing :)

Happy Sailing.

I'm not even going to ask about the photo.:rolleyes:

Some posts full of new reveals, updates and new build photos from Royal Caribbean. We can only hope! I may check the site now and then. I'll keep you updated whenever I run into you on the ship.

See you on the Allure, Lloyd!

Tough as Leather- Enjoy your cruise also on Allure. With both you and Lloyd on the same cruise that's a WOW:) So we are expecting some good feedback from the both of you.

Happy Sailing.:)

Looks like they got alot done this week on the WebCam. April is coming realy fast, so the blocks should be all placed and welded pretty soon!

Although after that point, we won't be seeing many visible updates unless RCCL actually starts engaging the public with the Quantum build.