Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

I'm seeing what you're seeing, but maybe only because you suggested it!

deck14a_zpsdd1787c6.jpg

14decks_zps19cf8c42.jpg

Fact not Fiction . These Image's certainly should help some. ;)

Everything screams Bad Weather sailing from the Rubber Ducky to the ledge ?? below deck 5 to keep the spray down.

Edited by TheDyesolKid

maybe I may have missed this or maybe I have forgotten but has anyone identified what the round windows are on the balconies? are those from the room next door that look onto that person's balcony?

Those port holes (assuming facing forward) are part of the Superior Grand Suites. See discussion from post #307 I believe.

I get that but my question is do they face someone else's balcony? To me it looks like if you are looking out of that window from the grand suite you can see forward and onto the balcony next to you. And for that matter the balcony next to you can see into your room?

Edited by pescatch

I get that but my question is do they face someone else's balcony? To me it looks like if you are looking out of that window from the grand suite you can see forward and onto the balcony next to you. And for that matter the balcony next to you can see into your room?

The porthole (above the couch in image) looks out onto the cabin's balcony. See cabins 6234 and 6634 in deck plans for location/orientation.

quantum-of-the-seas-loft-suite-with-balcony_zpsaf880c04.jpg

quantumofseas_deck6.gif

Edited by Lloyd555

Wow, that Grand Suite looks so nice. Maybe if I hit the lotto...

Even has a half bath.:D I am afraid that I would never leave it though. Hello Room service... Only 7 doors up from my Studio balcony, maybe I will get a good glimpse of it while onboard in Jan 2015.

Notice from the YouTube video, nobody got float out day off. Saw that person welding on Quantum.

Denise

Yup. According to MW website, the conveyance is mid November.

From past experience, do you know if MW puts two webcams on a ship?

I thought they may have done so either with Celebrity Reflection or Breakaway. I do remember them showing either the forward or aft webcam with only one ship in the building dock at different stages of the build process.

Wow, that Grand Suite looks so nice. Maybe if I hit the lotto...

Even has a half bath.:D I am afraid that I would never leave it though. Hello Room service... Only 7 doors up from my Studio balcony, maybe I will get a good glimpse of it while onboard in Jan 2015.

Notice from the YouTube video, nobody got float out day off. Saw that person welding on Quantum.

Denise

That caught my eye too. I can see how they can have a small fire like they did last week, what with all those sparks flying.

I thought they may have done so either with Celebrity Reflection or Breakaway. I do remember them showing either the forward or aft webcam with only one ship in the building dock at different stages of the build process.

I want to see what's going on at the end of the basin where they have to stick the Two70 block, loft suite block, etc.

Looking at the lower webcam image of Hall 5: Going out on a limb here... I think that the block in the lower right corner is the base of the Ripcord. Speculation is fun.

November4WBwebcamimages_zps3f132a9a.png

And here's another video that I was told to look out for:

After the Getaway float out on November 2, the Meyer Werft employees were still hard at work late at night. This is a view through an open door at the other end of Hall 6.

And here's another video that I was told to look out for:

After the Getaway float out on November 2, the Meyer Werft employees were still hard at work late at night. This is a view through an open door at the other end of Hall 6.

That's an impressive looking video. Surprised it's so rare to see any video shot through the doors. Didn't even know their was one at that end.

With seeing the current videos, and the amount of work that has been completed on the quantum. I'm wondering if the ship yard works around the clock and not the typical 8 or 12 hr days?

Germany: Two Romanian shipyard workers burned to death in overcrowded accommodation

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2013/08/02/roma-a02.html

Even if you take this as a slight exaggeration its not good news .

When I look at these pictures I think I see where our cabin, 13238, is going to be. (or the mirror of it) It's kind of cool to be able to watch them putting it together.

I know, in the youtube video I see ours on the diaginal!! :D

When I look at these pictures I think I see where our cabin, 13238, is going to be. (or the mirror of it) It's kind of cool to be able to watch them putting it together.

My stateroom is still on the deck in the huge loft suite block, yet to be attached to the build.;) I do, however, see my dining room window, where my table should be. Service is kind of slow right now.:mad:

Edit: You got a mole in Meyer Werft, Lloyd? :p

Edited by Tough as Leather

My stateroom is still on the deck in the huge loft suite block, yet to be attached to the build.;) I do, however, see my dining room window, where my table should be. Service is kind of slow right now.:mad:

Edit: You got a mole in Meyer Werft, Lloyd? :p

Yup, you got me. :cool:

I snuck him into Meyer Werft in the inside of one of those Royal Promenade vintage cars. It was delivered early to the ship yard to facilitate its insertion into the interior of the ship. With the help of two teddy bear cohorts, who periodically release him from the confines of the trunk, he is able to sneak a few shots of the Quantum of the Seas.

Mind you, the scheme almost did not go off as planned...

HiddenintrunkinPromenadecarinTwo70_zps5c6b7562.png