Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Hmmm

But what's in the "bag"? In the second picture.

I was watching Rachel Ray's show yesterday but didn't see what you captured. Maybe they stuck in a commercial. It's Christmastime in NY.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

That is the bridge area of the research ship Sonne. They typically cover areas that they don't want getting inadvertently sprayed when they're painting in the vicinity.

That is the bridge area of the research ship Sonne. They typically cover areas that they don't want getting inadvertently sprayed when they're painting in the vicinity.

Aha

Thanks!

Denise

Tell her we thank her for sharing her videos. My guess is Anthem.

She'll be visiting Meyer Werft at the end of December when they have the "Tage der Region" at the visitor centre. She promises the best photos possible.

Edit: I forgot to suggest that she check the back door to see if it's open (again) while she is there! :rolleyes:

Just read that Mamma Mia is going to be the show on QoS. I hope it was correct!! Happy Thanksgiving all.

Great news. I saw the musical in Toronto (while my other half participated in a curling tournament)!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my U.S. neighbors!

Edit: Funny thing. When I first saw the Anthem keel las week I thought to myself

"Mama mia. Here we go again. My my, how can I resist you? ..."

78ff8e3c51fe11e3a0851240c301e87e_8.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Great news. I saw the musical in Toronto (while my other half participated in a curling tournament)!

Edit: Funny thing. When I first saw the Anthem keel las week I thought to myself

I also think its a great choice. The music is upbeat and a lot of people globally can relate and or like ABBA.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thought it would be Wicked because of Kristin Chenoweth but I think Mama Mia is a good choice as well.

My dog's vet does curling too.

Denise

lol! Lloyd, you almost got a smooth transition back to the thread topic!! Understandable, seeing as there are already at least 5 other threads talking about Mama Mia! :D

Yup. It will be interesting to see the Anthem's progress. Will see how similar it is to the Quantum's build. Here we go again!

Edit: Greaattt! Now I got the song stuck in my head too!!

Edited by Tough as Leather

I have new information from the Meyer Werft concerning the blocks of the Anthem in front of the Quantum:

They build two swimming parts of the Anthem in front of the Quantum (one after another). After the Float Out of the Quantum, they will float in these two parts.

Maybe we will see two Anthem "mini float outs"?

I have new information from the Meyer Werft concerning the blocks of the Anthem in front of the Quantum:

They build two swimming parts of the Anthem in front of the Quantum (one after another). After the Float Out of the Quantum, they will float in these two parts.

Maybe we will see two Anthem "mini float outs"?

Well that's interesting. Typically they only build one part, float it out and then float it back in and build the rest. If they are floating two parts out I would have to assume that she will actually be in three parts since their will be a significant portion that can't fit while Quantum is still their. It'll also be interesting to see where these blocks are cut. If we see a nice clean slice it likely means that Royal Caribbean has the option to slice her and add a new section in 20 years when she starts getting old and outdated like they did with the original ships and more recently Enchantment of the Seas.

Mobimar news page has a short blurb about inviting Meyer Werft to check out their work on the FlowRider steel frame for the Quantum of the Seas:

http://www.mobimar.com/news-flowrider_fat_accepted

Mobimar designed and made the frames so that the FlowRider (by Wave Loch) is cruise vessel compatible. If you look through the website you'll see that they do other projects for RCI, such as some of their climbing walls.

I'm pretty sure that this blurb about the RipCord wasn't there when I discovered the short blurb about the FlowRider...

http://www.mobimar.com/news-skydiving_simulators_for_the_quantum_class

Mobimar was contacted in autumn 2012 by the RCCL newbuilding innovators. The confidential project was to participate in the design process and to construct a 150 ton skydiving simulator onboard the Project Sunshine cruise ship! The 20 meter wide and 10 meter (+5 m under the deck) high arch will be located in the aft side of the double funnels in Quantum Class. The Royal Caribbean's simulator - RipCord - is based on the recirculating wind tunnel by SkyVenture LLC in Bahamas.

The actual skydiving will take place in a 7 meter high glass cylinder in the middle of the steel arch. This iFly® wind tunnel is a trademark of SkyVenture, but the cruise ship modifications and the detail design will be made here in Finland. After assembling the prefabricated parts will be shipped to Papenburg where the final outfitting will be accomplished by Mobimar's project team.

The 200 km/h air flow is used to lift the flyers up in the air. Before the flight flyers have to take a training lesson. After the course the flight instructor will guide the flyers inside the chamber.

Above the glass flight chamber the air flow will be divided to both ends of the arch from where it will be circulated down below the deck and from there back to the flight chamber. This recirculation ensures that SkyVenture wind tunnels are also energy efficient.

Makes sense that they would work on both projects. Congrats to them!

Edited by Lloyd555

I'm pretty sure that this blurb about the RipCord wasn't there when I discovered the short blurb about the FlowRider...

http://www.mobimar.com/news-skydiving_simulators_for_the_quantum_class

Mobimar was contacted in autumn 2012 by the RCCL newbuilding innovators. The confidential project was to participate in the design process and to construct a 150 ton skydiving simulator onboard the Project Sunshine cruise ship! The 20 meter wide and 10 meter (+5 m under the deck) high arch will be located in the aft side of the double funnels in Quantum Class. The Royal Caribbean's simulator - RipCord - is based on the recirculating wind tunnel by SkyVenture LLC in Bahamas.

The actual skydiving will take place in a 7 meter high glass cylinder in the middle of the steel arch. This iFly® wind tunnel is a trademark of SkyVenture, but the cruise ship modifications and the detail design will be made here in Finland. After assembling the prefabricated parts will be shipped to Papenburg where the final outfitting will be accomplished by Mobimar's project team.

The 200 km/h air flow is used to lift the flyers up in the air. Before the flight flyers have to take a training lesson. After the course the flight instructor will guide the flyers inside the chamber.

Above the glass flight chamber the air flow will be divided to both ends of the arch from where it will be circulated down below the deck and from there back to the flight chamber. This recirculation ensures that SkyVenture wind tunnels are also energy efficient.

Makes sense that they would work on both projects. Congrats to them!

Oh man, I would love to see this built and tested. Hope Royal Caribbean is making a video! HINT!

Nice of them to zoom out so that we can see more of Hall 6. Are the blocks in the very front (partially covered, bottom right of picture) part of Quantum or Anthem? Cannot see exactly were the dock divider is.

Is that the bottom of the divider visible below the horizontal beam of the crane in the foreground? What do you think?

Basindevider_zpsb41f2bd9.png

Is that the bottom of the divider visible below the horizontal beam of the crane in the foreground? What do you think?

Yeah I'm pretty sure you're right, I was thinking the same thing.

I'm glad they zoomed out for the time being since no progress up close has been made. We can get a better idea of how long the ship will look now!

I think you are right. No other place in the building dock has those shapes/things on the floor. Took a quick look at the floor when Anthem Keel blocks were laid and there are no such things. Also look at the right wall of Hall 6. There are sets of vertical lightings (I think that’s what they are). On the Anthem keel block laying picture there is one just next to the divider with two behind and another close to the yellow crane. On the current webcam picture you can see the same light set to the right and above were the divider is. The second green crane is blocking the top of the divider.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser