Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

I'm glad that this photographer took more photos than we first saw on August 2. What great images!

I'm blown away by the size and amount of work involved/that has taken place. I guess you can sort of get the same impression from the viewer's gallery above, but to be walking next to these huge blocks...WOW!

I did some sleuthing of my own on my lunch. I'll attach three images here. It's one of the two circled blocks from the block plan. Likely the orange one. Let me explain why.

Looking at the MW image, you can see that there is a piece toward the back that has a grid with smaller squares. That is for the exhaust pipes. So that gives you a general axis of where the blocks have to be.

Now take a look at the highlighted section of the MW picture. You see a bump out there. If you compare that to the deck plan picture, you can see deck six and above have the bump out while five and below do not. They have the lifeboats, hull, etc so the shape is different.

Back at the MW image, you can also see there are elevator shafts on either side of the block towards the front. Also in this image, you can see there are four floors with cabin spaces toward the outsides.

So if you add all this up, it has to be one of the two blocks circled. Likely you are seeing decks six through nine in that MW picture. I just cannot find a good enough block plan image to figure out if its the white or orange block. But given the bump out, and given the lifeboat locations, I have to say its the higher up block. Would also make sense to be the orange one too due to the fact that the green one above that would be decks ten through 13, or the remaining passenger cabin decks. Enjoy!

[/url]

Untitled1.jpg

Capture3.jpg

It's a quiet Saturday and my leg is up with a sprained ankle. I'm bored, so I am still obsessing with the Quantum. Bare with me.

I am thinking that the block that Mass2Cruise was posting about [with webcam image] and the ones from Lloyd's post are the same. It appears to me as if the block is part of decks 3-5, with deck 6 (with its diagonal edge) jutting out at the top of the photo. Yup. That's it. :rolleyes:

CCdiscussion_zps65aabfb3.jpg

Are the cabins/staterooms going to be built by Meyer Werft or another company and inserted into the ship in a similar manner to how it was done for the Oasis and Allure (and most other cruise ships, I assume)? If so, do we know who has the contract?

Are the cabins/staterooms going to be built by Meyer Werft or another company and inserted into the ship in a similar manner to how it was done for the Oasis and Allure (and most other cruise ships, I assume)? If so, do we know who has the contract?

I remember a company named Almaco was mentioned years ago as being the leader in cabin manufacturing. I'm not sure which cruise lines and ship yards utilize them. :cool::)

It will probably be the same company that was used for Celebrity Reflection.

Aha! It turns out that the cabins for Oasis and Allure were built by STX Finland Cabins in Piikkiö, Finland.

Check out the video link below about the Oasis build. The very brief cabin construction and insertion segment starts at 3:14.

I remember a company named Almaco was mentioned years ago as being the leader in cabin manufacturing. I'm not sure which cruise lines and ship yards utilize them. :cool::)

Tyron- You could be right. They have a location/office in Papenburg, Germany so they are already close to Meyer Werft. Their site shows they have done work for RCI, Celebrity, Azamara and other lines. See link below.

http://www.almaco.cc/references/passenger_vessels/

Tyron- You could be right. They have a location/office in Papenburg, Germany so they are already close to Meyer Werft. Their site shows they have done work for RCI, Celebrity, Azamara and other lines. See link below.

http://www.almaco.cc/references/passenger_vessels/

I remembered the name but I couldn't remember which cruise line/ship yard referenced them. Awesome find, thanks! :cool::D

Talk about not paying attention! I thought that the photos we've seen were taken from the end of the hall 6 with the Getaway being behind the Quantum keel laying ceremony. Thanks to some other photos I was looking at - and my shingles medication is wearing off :o - I see that the Getaway is actually behind the photographers with the end of the Hall 6 being behind the Quantum. The photogs and guests are standing in a gap between the two ships, once again showing how massive this building is.

Photos from http://www.ga-online.de/-news/artikel/114189/Meyer-Werft-stoesst-auf-bisher-groessten-Neubau-an

Edit: Minions! You were supposed to change the webcam view!!

Edited by Lloyd555

Good find!

Now find out who's building the virtual water slide ;)

I will keep looking, but I think royal has taken the stance go big or go home!! I think if they were going to do a water slide or any variation they would wrap the ship with ending in the royal square!! Lol

Talk about not paying attention! I thought that the photos we've seen were taken from the end of the hall 6 with the Getaway being behind the Quantum keel laying ceremony. Thanks to some other photos I was looking at - and my shingles medication is wearing off :o - I see that the Getaway is actually behind the photographers with the end of the Hall 6 being behind the Quantum. The photogs and guests are standing in a gap between the two ships, once again showing how massive this building is.

Photos from http://www.ga-online.de/-news/artikel/114189/Meyer-Werft-stoesst-auf-bisher-groessten-Neubau-an

Edit: Minions! You were supposed to change the webcam view!!

Starting Quantum behind Getaway is the only way it makes sense. Once Getaway is ready to leave the door is opened and it gets pulled out. The door gets closed the dock drained and work towards the bow of Quantum can begin.

Starting Quantum behind Getaway is the only way it makes sense. Once Getaway is ready to leave the door is opened and it gets pulled out. The door gets closed the dock drained and work towards the bow of Quantum can begin.

I too was disoriented. Like Lloyd, I know that the Quantum is behind the Getaway, it was the direction from which the photos were being taken that we got wrong.

Thanks Lloyd for posting that link for me (Decided to omit the photos!? Well, they're in the link anyhow :o). Don't know why I had trouble getting onto Cruise Critic earlier. Issue has been resolved.

BTW, if the minions aren't going to fix the webcam, maybe the DreamWorks penguins can take care of it! :p

Thank god for the Quantum thread, eh, Lloyd!? Our roll call is dead in the water!

Edited by Tough as Leather

Anyone know when the Getaway will be completed? I was able to find that she will be delivered in January 2014. I want her out of there so we can see more Quantum!!!

Haha me too! I am thinking she will be moved out in another few months, maybe October? I know she will look pretty finished from the outside before she gets moved out, so keep looking for all of the glass to be put on the balconies and the mural to be painted on the bow!

I am so eager to watch Quantum get built!

Here's a picture of the Breakaway a few months before she was floated out of the Hall 6 with the Getaway blocks next to it. This is probably the same scenario playing out with the Getaway and Quantum.

526049_10151339956616414_753299030_n.jpg