Silhouette 3rd June sailing

bengaltiger1

We are on Silhouette sailing the East Med. we embarked at Civitavecchia after a night in Rome. From drop off to check in to getting in to our cabin was around fifteen minutes. Smoothest check in ever. No glass of fizz on embarkation but a glass at sail away. We are Aqua class and after reading some of the posts we were worried about service in Blu but last night it was great. That could be because we did not dine until 9.15.

We went on the coach only trip to Pompeii this am. I wish that I had read the detail fully as we arrived @ 9.30 and were told to be back at the coach for 11.30. We then queued for thirty minutes for tickets leaving very little time to look round such a significant site. We will use the train next time. Strolled in to Napoli and decided to go to the archeological museum but it is closed on Tuesdays. So we had a wander round and then came back to the ship for a late lunch. Formal evening tonight so I need to dust off the evening wear and sort my dancing shoes out!!!

Arrived in Valletta this lunchtime. Beautiful view We stopped off here last year and took one of the cruise excursions. This time we decided to walk into Valletta easy to do and if you walk along the docks there is now a lift up to the gardens for one euro. We walked all the way around the wall We went to the war museum and then headed into the centre for a wander around. The was a distinct lack of street traders unlike in Napoli and no beggars that we saw. Cafes at the dock front have free wifi. There is a hop on hop off bus for ten euros for those who do not want to walk. Plenty of taxis and horse and carriages too.

Archived