Sunshine Inside Cabins

HoganUK

Hi All,

I have seen numourous images of cabins accross various threads, but i am yet to see any images of inside cabins for purpose of size etc.

I unlike many have opted for the "cheap seats" as i rarely spend time in my cabin other than shower/change/sleep.

My cabin is 8203 CAT 4G

Cheers guys!

All insides on every carnival ship are 185 s.f. These cabins were 185 s.f. before the renovation so they are still that size.

Every inside on every Carnival ship has the same size inside pictures if you want to look at pictures to guage size .. look at any regular inside picture from any ship you find.

There are a few oddballs of course, but your location shows it is a standard inside cabin so it will be the same size as every other regular inside. The only thing differing from ship to ship is the colors and if you have a quad, the older ships the uppers come out of the walls and the newer ships they come out of the ceiling.

All insides on every carnival ship are 185 s.f. These cabins were 185 s.f. before the renovation so they are still that size.

Every inside on every Carnival ship has the same size inside pictures if you want to look at pictures to guage size .. look at any regular inside picture from any ship you find.

There are a few oddballs of course, but your location shows it is a standard inside cabin so it will be the same size as every other regular inside. The only thing differing from ship to ship is the colors and if you have a quad, the older ships the uppers come out of the walls and the newer ships they come out of the ceiling.

Fire...did you ever sail on the Destiny? I'm wondering if the cabins have mini-fridges (probably not) or hair dryers (probably those wall mounted ones)........

Any idea?

There is an odd one or two on Sargent Schultz thread or his own site.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.co....php?t=1845665#

http://zydecocruiser.org/CarnivalSun...ay17/index.htm

Or on cruise liners rooms.com search Destiny, it appears some rooms on lower decks were completed prior to the last sailing

Cabins 1222 & 2311

The origami cabins have the beds sideways & new cabins beds are straight ahead, if you get what I mean!

Hope these help I'm going on an inside mid on Deck 7

Fire...did you ever sail on the Destiny? I'm wondering if the cabins have mini-fridges (probably not) or hair dryers (probably those wall mounted ones)........

Any idea?

not on the destiny-- but did they put them in on the sunshine when they did they dry dock?

no mini fridges-- we use a cooler anyways since they are just glorified coolers and i like a frosty drink.

hair dryers were mounted on the wall in the bathroom- very low wattage.

not on the destiny-- but did they put them in on the sunshine when they did they dry dock?

no mini fridges-- we use a cooler anyways since they are just glorified coolers and i like a frosty drink.

hair dryers were mounted on the wall in the bathroom- very low wattage.

I'm pretty sure that I read on Sarg's live from thread that they only added fridges to the new cabins and I kind of expected that they would still have those wall mount hair dryers like the Triumph and Victory have....

I've never been one to bring a cooler, but I have gotten into the habit of grabbing some hardboiled eggs from the buffet to have for late night snacks........and my hair is baby fine so I don't need much power in a hair dryer...I just don't like standing up in a steamy bathroom......I have a dressing table here at home........

Any idea?

Yep, I see you got your answer.. just the new cabins they added. If you have a old cabin, that was there already no frig.

I did see a really good link to where the new cabins were on sunshine.

this is a really good link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1588197

I am in an inside cabin on deck 7, so I think that will be one of the old ones. I am traveling with my mom so we will have it set up with 2 twin beds. Does anyone know if they set up the beds side by side, or in an L shape with 1 bed along the long wall and the other along the short wall at the back side of the cabin? I'm hoping for the latter as it provides way more floor space and makes the cabin feel much bigger! Also, does anyone know if they have one nightstand for each bed in the old cabins?

I posed what I have of an inside cabin in my Live from thread.

The new cabins do have mini-fridges and less storage.

The hair dryers are no longer the big honkers on the bathroom wall but are in the top desk drawer.

So all cabins have the hair dryers in the drawer like on the newer ships?

4K's and some 4J's are not the same as the other insides. They are larger and have a couch. All 4K 's are the same but some 4J's are 185 sq ft and have no couch while some are larger and have a couch.

There is an odd one or two on Sargent Schultz thread or his own site.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.co....php?t=1845665#

http://zydecocruiser.org/CarnivalSun...ay17/index.htm

Or on cruise liners rooms.com search Destiny, it appears some rooms on lower decks were completed prior to the last sailing

Cabins 1222 & 2311

The origami cabins have the beds sideways & new cabins beds are straight ahead, if you get what I mean!

Hope these help I'm going on an inside mid on Deck 7

Brilliant thankyou!

They look much much brighter than the old ones on Destiny.

I am in an inside cabin on deck 7, so I think that will be one of the old ones. I am traveling with my mom so we will have it set up with 2 twin beds. Does anyone know if they set up the beds side by side, or in an L shape with 1 bed along the long wall and the other along the short wall at the back side of the cabin? I'm hoping for the latter as it provides way more floor space and makes the cabin feel much bigger! Also, does anyone know if they have one nightstand for each bed in the old cabins?

it should be against the wall with the two night stands in the middle.

if the beds were together the night stands will be on either side of the bed.

having them seperated both night stands go in the middle. what you see on the website is how it should look.

if the beds are together when you first arrive-- leave a note for the steward and it will be taken care of when you are at dinner

Can anyone tell me how they put five in a room in an inside or OV on Sunshine? I assume it's the same as when it was the Destiny. When I mock book an OV, it sounds like there's only one upper, two lowers, and a pull out couch. Is the fifth a trundle? I assume there's no room to walk.

Can anyone tell me how they put five in a room in an inside or OV on Sunshine? I assume it's the same as when it was the Destiny. When I mock book an OV, it sounds like there's only one upper, two lowers, and a pull out couch. Is the fifth a trundle? I assume there's no room to walk.

If it is like other ships it is a rollaway and they fold it up everyday so you have more room to move about the cabin.

the 5th is a roll away-- you will get a cabin with 4 beds-- and get a roll away.

yes the rollaway takes up your precious floor space.

Is sleeping with your honey important-- because keeping the beds together WILL take up any floor space you have.

Keeping the beds seperated- under the upper beds will give you that floor space in the middle. putting the roll away there--

Please, price out the difference for another cabin for 3 persons-- you might be surprised that is it not the much of a difference.

we sailed 5 to an inside cabin because we saved 700.00 doing it that way. Other cruises-- they got their own because it was cheaper to do it that way

the 5th is a roll away-- you will get a cabin with 4 beds-- and get a roll away.

yes the rollaway takes up your precious floor space.

Is sleeping with your honey important-- because keeping the beds together WILL take up any floor space you have.

Keeping the beds seperated- under the upper beds will give you that floor space in the middle. putting the roll away there--

Please, price out the difference for another cabin for 3 persons-- you might be surprised that is it not the much of a difference.

we sailed 5 to an inside cabin because we saved 700.00 doing it that way. Other cruises-- they got their own because it was cheaper to do it that way

We shared a family deluxe OV on the Magic but I know this would have a lot less floor space. We'd only consider it if it was a really good deal. I have noticed that the price difference for one room versus two varies a lot from cruise to cruise.

Archived