What constitutes 'Routine Maintenance'

dreamerdick

If a ship is scheduled for a 2 week dry dock visit, what is normally considered 'Routine' Is a hull repaint normally done? Plumbing leaks fixed? I'm curious!

Yup, that sounds about right. Sometimes they put in new carpeting, drapes, etc.. If there is air conditioning and plumbing issues that gets worked on. They scrap the hull, you know just normal maintenance.

Yup, that sounds about right. Sometimes they put in new carpeting, drapes, etc.. If there is air conditioning and plumbing issues that gets worked on. They scrap the hull, you know just normal maintenance.

Sticky "E" key, or is auto correct on the job?

Roy

On my last two cruises, they scraped (scrapped would have two ps) and painted the hull while we were in port.

An image of SCUBA divers with paint brushes in hand came to mind when I read your post.

But I do know what you mean.....

My, we seem to be in a very corrective mood today. Guess I am the only one that ever makes spelling errors on this board, right?

Rite!

Seriously, though, I think people tend to point out spelling errors or typos mainly when they give an accidental humorous result. The thought of an entire hull being thrown away is just too funny to pass up, and people are not so much picking on your spelling as continuing the funny thought. IMHO :):)

My, we seem to be in a very corrective mood today. Guess I am the only one that ever makes spelling errors on this board, right?

It was all in jest. I don't point out spelling mistakes or typos since I make lots of those myself. A long time ago I read about the Curse of Teh... that's what I have ;). But sometimes a spelling mistake or typo is just funny and some of us react to that without any negative intent.

But sometimes a spelling mistake or typo is just funny and some of us react to that without any negative intent.
One of my favorites was when a poster said his partially obstructed cabin had a wench outside his window instead of a winch! I just couldn't shake the mental picture of a buxom lass standing out there waving to him, and had to make a wisecrack. :)

It was all in jest. I don't point out spelling mistakes or typos since I make lots of those myself. A long time ago I read about the Curse of Teh... that's what I have ;). But sometimes a spelling mistake or typo is just funny and some of us react to that without any negative intent.

And, we all enjoy the humor! I was trying to visualize mentally the image of a ship...after they scrapped the hull. :p

The vision of a wench hanging out on the veranda is pretty funny, too!

Archived