Tyrone Griffith - Anyone use him recently?

CRUSINGFAMILY

Is his van clean? It doesn't have to be new and fancy but clean is a must...Thanks!

It was definitely tidy but I have been in other tour vans that were cleaner. Didn't trouble me because it was like my vehichle and DH who keeps his immaculate didn't say anything to me about it.

Mr. Griffith, emailed me back in August that he was on vacation in the US so I emailed him on the day after that he said he was returning to Barbados. He has answered promptly. We have booked for Nov. 20th. So far only my daughter and myself for that date. Hope that others will join us. Thanks for the help.:)

If you would like others to join you perhaps you can go on the roll call for your cruise and let people know that there is space on Tyrone's tour. You may also find people that you meet on the ship that you could ask to join you. We thought that Spencer and his tour was very good. I hope that you enjoy your day in Barbados.

We are booked with Tyrone in November and he has been extremely prompt answering my emails. I have been numerous times to Barbados but my sister and sister-in-law have not. I am happy to read the many excellent reviews :D

check to make sure tyrone isn't going to hand you off to "John Wayne" with a larger van as he did us. the van's AC did not work, and the intercom didn't either. i saw that with another van too in july or august, so maybe same van, different driver? that's a problem, if tyrone continues to use this vehicle without getting it fixed.

check to make sure tyrone isn't going to hand you off to "John Wayne" with a larger van as he did us. the van's AC did not work, and the intercom didn't either. i saw that with another van too in july or august, so maybe same van, different driver? that's a problem, if tyrone continues to use this vehicle without getting it fixed.

I just purchased an intercom system for Tyrone and will bring it with me in November :)

Just a heads up, don't know if this happens all the time or if it was just us, Tyrone doesn't actually do the tour. We met him, he put 13 of us in a van designed for about 10-11 comfortably, and we saw him one other time, when he showed up at one of the stops with a cooler.

On August 17th I booked a tour with Tyrone for next year. He was wonderful at responding as we exchanged emails. On September 6th he said he would talk to me soon with our finalized tour plan :rolleyes: Three emails from me over the past 3+ weeks with no response at all.

I posted on this board and on my Roll Call how pleased I was with him, and how excited we were to take his tour. :(

But I'm very happy now as we have decided to spend the day with Calabaza and Gina has been awesome. It's the old "when a door closes......" ;)

On August 17th I booked a tour with Tyrone for next year. He was wonderful at responding as we exchanged emails. On September 6th he said he would talk to me soon with our finalized tour plan :rolleyes: Three emails from me over the past 3+ weeks with no response at all.

I posted on this board and on my Roll Call how pleased I was with him, and how excited we were to take his tour. :(

But I'm very happy now as we have decided to spend the day with Calabaza and Gina has been awesome. It's the old "when a door closes......" ;)

Swimming with the turtles is another awesome way to spend your day on the island. We used Cool Runnings a couple of years ago and it was a lot fun. Enjoy your day!

Just a heads up, don't know if this happens all the time or if it was just us, Tyrone doesn't actually do the tour. We met him, he put 13 of us in a van designed for about 10-11 comfortably, and we saw him one other time, when he showed up at one of the stops with a cooler.

I think that when Tyrone gets more than a van load or more than his van can hold he hires out to another driver. Many, many tour companies do this. I would not be upset about that myself as long as the guide was excellent. I would however, be very upset to the point of not going on the tour if I was asked to go into a van with 11 seat belts and there were 13 of us. Did no one question this at the time? Were discounts offered?

It has now been a full month since Tyrone last emailed me, apologizing for his delay in finalizing our tour and promising to talk to me soon. Despite three subsequent messages to him from me; no response from him whatsoever. :mad:

We get it you don't like the service that you got from Tyrone. Or at least that is what you keep saying.

Would like to know what you thought of your day?

Thank you

we used him in April, very thorough and informative. Saw some great places on the island. I had visited the island years prior and didn't see 1/2 as much as I saw with him. The roads could be rough, but he was a good and safe driver. Very hospitable. Had water and adult beverage options and even stopped me to the grocery store for hot sauce to take home to friends. The tour is personalized so if there's something you want to do or don't want to do...just let him know. He will keep you out all day or 1/2 the day..your choice.

I just recommended him to friends going for 2 weeks...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Wishing I was on a ship right now. :-)

We get it you don't like the service that you got from Tyrone. Or at least that is what you keep saying.

Okay, point taken. But it was based almost solely on your recommendation that I booked with him. Perhaps other CCers will have better luck than I did. :rolleyes:

Okay, point taken. But it was based almost solely on your recommendation that I booked with him. Perhaps other CCers will have better luck than I did. :rolleyes:

Just read the post directly above your last post for your answer.

Okay, my last post on this thread and topic.

I'm glad those of you who toured with him in the past had a great time. I based my choice to use him on those great reviews. As I said, I recommended him myself on this board and on my Roll Call based on our initial series of emails planning what I hoped would be a great day in Barbados.

But now he is completely unresponsive to emails from someone that he had already organized a tour with. I am disappointed and angry about that, as I'm sure anyone else would be.

I think that is important information to share. I was curious from the beginning as to why there is so little information about him on the web, and now I know better. Your mileage may vary, just my humble opinion....etc. :)

Edited by canadarocks

Okay, my last post on this thread and topic.

I'm glad those of you who toured with him in the past had a great time. I based my choice to use him on those great reviews. As I said, I recommended him myself on this board and on my Roll Call based on our initial series of emails planning what I hoped would be a great day in Barbados.

But now he is completely unresponsive to emails from someone that he had already organized a tour with. I am disappointed and angry about that, as I'm sure anyone else would be.

I think that is important information to share. I was curious from the beginning as to why there is so little information about him on the web, and now I know better. Your mileage may vary, just my humble opinion....etc. :)

Perhaps Tyrone's business is growing a little faster than he thought and planned for. Hopefully he will enlist help in order for him to serve the amount of customers that he is now getting. He needs to hear the good and the bad so hopefully he reads cruisecritic and uses all the feedback to improve his service in areas that improvements are necessary.

I have seen where tour guides grow their business in the past too quickly and their service suffers and then ultimately their business suffers. My advice to Tyrone would be to increase his tour price to the going rate and work a little less at least for the time being.

Our tour like I mentioned in the past was definitly worth $40 if not more, and he charged $25. Hopefully he will get a website in the near future with set tours and rates so multiple e-mails from potential customers will not be consuming his time for months before the tour and the payment.

I think that when Tyrone gets more than a van load or more than his van can hold he hires out to another driver. Many, many tour companies do this. I would not be upset about that myself as long as the guide was excellent. I would however, be very upset to the point of not going on the tour if I was asked to go into a van with 11 seat belts and there were 13 of us. Did no one question this at the time? Were discounts offered?

No discounts offered, from other postings on here I have gathered that he had booked a private tour as well and basically overbooked for the day. To be honest, it takes a lot for me to get upset on vacation, so it really didn't bother me. Was more just putting it out there for those that it would upset. I'm not sure how many seat belts there were to be honest. Best part was we have stayed in touch with the new friends we made crammed in the back seat, so there's always a positive.

No discounts offered, from other postings on here I have gathered that he had booked a private tour as well and basically overbooked for the day. To be honest, it takes a lot for me to get upset on vacation, so it really didn't bother me. Was more just putting it out there for those that it would upset. I'm not sure how many seat belts there were to be honest. Best part was we have stayed in touch with the new friends we made crammed in the back seat, so there's always a positive.

Hey. Is this Brian, the guy that took some of our pictures with our camera as we didn't have the correct angle out our window? I believe I still owe you a rum punch.

I agree with your comments that the tour was a great deal for only $25 pp for all of the places we visited, the beer, water, and rum punch being included. I think that we did get a discount as it would have been $35 pp if we didn't fill the van. Our driver was very good at pointing out the highlights along the way as well. I am glad you made the best of the situation being crammed until Amy opted to sit on the cooler to make room. I believe I owe her a rum punch now too.

I can't speak for anyone else's experience but we used Tyrone just this past Tuesday and everyone in our group felt this was the best tour of our entire cruise., Tyrone was friendly, personable and made very sure we enjoyed every part of our tour. He stopped for photos when and where ever we wished and allowed us plenty of time to snap all we wanted. He also provided plenty of beverages through out the day.

I would have no problem recommending him to a friend and certainly would use him again myself.

Hey. Is this Brian, the guy that took some of our pictures with our camera as we didn't have the correct angle out our window? I believe I still owe you a rum punch.

I agree with your comments that the tour was a great deal for only $25 pp for all of the places we visited, the beer, water, and rum punch being included. I think that we did get a discount as it would have been $35 pp if we didn't fill the van. Our driver was very good at pointing out the highlights along the way as well. I am glad you made the best of the situation being crammed until Amy opted to sit on the cooler to make room. I believe I owe her a rum punch now too.

Nope, this is ricky, amy's husband. I was on the non-picturesque side of the van. I felt like we all had a good time, though we were all thrilled when shorty moved her behind up to the cooler!