Tyrone Griffith - Anyone use him recently?

CRUSINGFAMILY

I sent an email as well, hoping for info for our Feb stop on Eclipse. Does he have a website where you can see what's on tour? We really want to see the Rum factory but we're there on a Sunday and it seems lots of places are closed. Hope I hear back soon although I do have lots of time still!

Then yiu have time. We were there on a sunday too and never got to Rum place - but that's not tyrones fault.

He will tailor to what you want to see.

I posted a video on You tube of our tour with tyrone. Not sure if you saw it but it will give you an idea. Here is link:

I did some for private tours in all our ports. Anyway, it'll give you a feeling in 8 minutes. Hope this helps!

Then yiu have time. We were there on a sunday too and never got to Rum place - but that's not tyrones fault.

He will tailor to what you want to see.

I posted a video on You tube of our tour with tyrone. Not sure if you saw it but it will give you an idea. Here is link:

I did some for private tours in all our ports. Anyway, it'll give you a feeling in 8 minutes. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the video Steve...looks like you covered a lot of sights, even with no rum factory! I still haven't heard back from Tyrone but as you say he could be away on holidays. What time did you start your tour?

Thanks, Cathy

• 1 month later...

We did a tour with Tyrone on 20/1/2014. I so enjoyed your utube video Steve.it brought back memories of a great trip with that day being a highlight of it. I thought Tyrone hadn't replied to my email of 2 month before our cruise ,but found it in 'iCloud' section of my email inbox only on the 17/1/2014.he had replied 2 months before.i contacted him and he was delighted to take us on a tour of his island even though there were only 2 of us.he sent me a clear set of instructions on where to meet and left his cell phone number on it.an advantage of going with Tyrone is that everyone knows him.the dock supervisor was able to call him and tell him where we were and he was able to tell him he was at the gate entrance and would not be long.we had a fascinating day and left knowing a lot more about Barbadous. My husband wanted to pick up some local beer. No problem,he took us shopping and got the best deal for us.Would not hesitate to recommend his tour to everyone. If you tour with Tyrone please say hello to him from Barb and Bruce from Australia

We did a tour with Tyrone on 20/1/2014. I so enjoyed your utube video Steve.it brought back memories of a great trip with that day being a highlight of it.<snip>. If you tour with Tyrone please say hello to him from Barb and Bruce from Australia

Yiu're welcome Barb and Bruce and anyone using Tyrone can say "hi" for me too!

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
Does Tyrone have a website? I haven't seen anyone post a website to see his tours.

Please post website address if you have it.

Thanks

He doesn't but here the link to Yiu Tube I've referred to a few times already from my tour with him. That will give yiu a good idea. Hand He does answer email. We REALLY liked him!

steve

Interested in hearing if you thought actually stopping in to do the Rum Factory tour or just driving by it was best. We are going w/Tyrone in December.

Thank you!

We were there on a Sunday and it was closed. Many cruises are in Barbados on Subnday. Yiu can see in my video what else there is to do!

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Dan! Tyrone just emailed me that he did get in touch with you and yiu booked with him. Have fun and give him my regards. If I ever get back to Barbados I'm definitely hooking up with him again.

Steve

Yep, just got his email and we are good to go. He said Steve alerted him to my email. Was that you??

YEP!:) I told you I would. Have fun! Assume yiu saw the video I posted of what to expect.

Steve

The video will not open. I never looked at it before so I found the old post and tried to open it but YouTube just has a circle with an exclamation mark. I have never seen that before.

Wait, it just took a few minutes to download. I watched it.

Edited by phantomII
video opened

The video will not open. I never looked at it before so I found the old post and tried to open it but YouTube just has a circle with an exclamation mark. I have never seen that before.

Wait, it just took a few minutes to download. I watched it.

Glad it worked. Plays for me.

Steve

We were in Barbados on Nov 1 and toured with Tyrone. It was a great time!! We ended up with a group of 31 and he got a larger bus for us all to be able to tour together. Can't say enough about how helpful Tyrone was in answering numerous questions ahead of time for us and getting everything set up. He is such a nice man, and it was a great way to spend our day in Barbados! Highly recommend him!!!

We were in Barbados on Nov 1 and toured with Tyrone. It was a great time!! We ended up with a group of 31 and he got a larger bus for us all to be able to tour together. Can't say enough about how helpful Tyrone was in answering numerous questions ahead of time for us and getting everything set up. He is such a nice man, and it was a great way to spend our day in Barbados! Highly recommend him!!!

Glad you had a good time and that the tour with Tyrone was good as well. We are booked with him in February and it's reassuring to read such a positive review! Not sure I like the idea of such a large group tho...one of the reasons we prefer private tours to the large ships tours.

Cathy

Glad you had a good time and that the tour with Tyrone was good as well. We are booked with him in February and it's reassuring to read such a positive review! Not sure I like the idea of such a large group tho...one of the reasons we prefer private tours to the large ships tours.

Cathy

This is first time I heard of him using a large bus. I don't like those either. Yiu might want to confirm with him that you will have a small group on yiur date.

But I do love the guy and he is getting more popular and his price is really reasonable!

Steve

Cathy

We hadn't planned on our group getting that big. But more and more CC people were interested, so Tyrone was very accommodating to take that many people. Everything worked out fine in the end!

We hadn't planned on our group getting that big. But more and more CC people were interested, so Tyrone was very accommodating to take that many people. Everything worked out fine in the end!

I did contact him with my concerns and he replied that he has taken groups of 50 or more but that we would be a small group on our day. Maybe because we'll be there on a Sunday so not as busy? He did say that no matter how many he takes you still get to all the sights with the full tour experience!

Just last week, Tyrone took the 4 of us on an island wide tour. He drove us all over the place in his Toyota van; it had good air conditioning thankfully since it was a very hot/humid day!

He stopped to buy a few bananas in case we saw monkeys; unfortunately we didn't see any in the fancy golf course area. Later, we did see one scurrying across a rooftop near the Bathsheba area.

He said it would be a 3 to 3 1/12 hr tour, then he would drop us off at Carlisle Beach for as long as we wanted to stay, then he would pick us up and take us back to the ship.

Well, our driving tour ended up being 5 hours! Not hurried at all. We didn't want to go to the beach so went straight back to the ship. We were happily exhausted---maybe partly because of Tyrone's wife's yummy rum punch he brought for us!

There were only 4 of us, he charged $40 per person. We felt we got a very good deal, especially compared to the ship tours. Tyrone is very informative and a very nice and funny guy. He picked us up at the taxi location at the port--about a 4-5 minute walk from the gangway.

I would take Tyrone's tour again if I ever get back to Barbados. :)

Just last week, Tyrone took the 4 of us on an island wide tour. He drove us all over the place in his Toyota van; it had good air conditioning thankfully since it was a very hot/humid day!

He stopped to buy a few bananas in case we saw monkeys; unfortunately we didn't see any in the fancy golf course area. Later, we did see one scurrying across a rooftop near the Bathsheba area.

He said it would be a 3 to 3 1/12 hr tour, then he would drop us off at Carlisle Beach for as long as we wanted to stay, then he would pick us up and take us back to the ship.

Well, our driving tour ended up being 5 hours! Not hurried at all. We didn't want to go to the beach so went straight back to the ship. We were happily exhausted---maybe partly because of Tyrone's wife's yummy rum punch he brought for us!

There were only 4 of us, he charged $40 per person. We felt we got a very good deal, especially compared to the ship tours. Tyrone is very informative and a very nice and funny guy. He picked us up at the taxi location at the port--about a 4-5 minute walk from the gangway.

I would take Tyrone's tour again if I ever get back to Barbados. :)

That sounds really good. We are booked with him for the same tour in two weeks from now. I think he has 7 people already.