Ventura "Refit"........

kevinyork

Been looking at some info re the refit and was mazed to see these pics of The Glass House.

gh6.jpeg

http://tomscruiseblog.co.uk/category/po/ventura/

Rather than a 'refit' of Ramblas, this looks like it has just been a re-branding. Same furniture, layout and tree! Only the name, menu and drinks machines seem to have changed. Seems a shame to me. We enjoyed both Ramblas and The Glass House but this seems like a mishmash.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Well before this was done people said that if they only changed the system of drinks and menu they would be happy, it looks like that is what they have done and still people are not happy.:confused:

To me this is the best way to go keep the atmosphere and improve it with the wine system so it is not just a clone of Azura which people did not want.

So no clone and people are still not happy.

:cool:

Gan Canny

Dai

Well before this was done people said that if they only changed the system of drinks and menu they would be happy, it looks like that is what they have done and still people are not happy.:confused:

To me this is the best way to go keep the atmosphere and improve it with the wine system so it is not just a clone of Azura which people did not want.

Gan Canny

Dai

I dont think anyone has said they are not happy with the change. I said i preferred Ramblas and as far as i am concerned that is what i have still got.

Yes, they have changed the drinks & food menu, probably for the better, but as for the roofing slate they now dish it up on, now thats a different story!

The tree was always part of Ramblas

IMO they have not made improvements. OK, you have a fancy wine by the glass machine but you could have installed that in the old Ramblas anyway.

They don't do Spanish Tapas anymore, and the food is now more expensive. I presume the live Spanish guitarist has gone as well.

at least the old bar had atmosphere.

The 'new' glasshouse is nothing more than a half hearted cynical attempt to screw more money out of gullible passengers who are foolish enough to think that something apparently 'posh and sophisticated' is actually a good idea.

all this on what is meant to be P&O's most family friendly and laid back ship.

Ah but, the corporate line goes, it makes us more money, yeah! and p****s of loads of passengers as well.

The problem is the senior management don't know their a*** from their e***w

The tree was always part of Ramblas

IMO they have not made improvements. OK, you have a fancy wine by the glass machine but you could have installed that in the old Ramblas anyway.

They don't do Spanish Tapas anymore, and the food is now more expensive. I presume the live Spanish guitarist has gone as well.

at least the old bar had atmosphere.

The 'new' glasshouse is nothing more than a half hearted cynical attempt to screw more money out of gullible passengers who are foolish enough to think that something apparently 'posh and sophisticated' is actually a good idea.

all this on what is meant to be P&O's most family friendly and laid back ship.

Ah but, the corporate line goes, it makes us more money, yeah! and p****s of loads of passengers as well.

The problem is the senior management don't know their a*** from their e***w

Do you think your personal prejudice is creeping in here. :rolleyes:

To be honest it matters little to us because of the stupid decision to put Ventura in the med all year so we cannot use her. Of course that could be my personal prejudice creeping in as well. :rolleyes:

Gan Canny

Dai

Ps whether you like Ramblas or The Glass House Is all down to personal choice. We like both.

Gan Canny

Dai

I'm happy. I personally love the Ramblas set up with the courtyard, tree etc. i was gutted when I thought they were going to make the Glasshouse a clone of the one on Azura. Still not happy about cutting the Exchange bar in half, though to make room for more single cabins. Think that's a bit money grabbing especially as they seem to rip off single travellers anyway.

So why is the glasshouse more of a money-grabbing venture than the previius Ramblas?

Has anything chargeable replaced something that was free?

It is touted as a sophisticated wine bar and they want you to drink wine, which IMO is more expensive than beer. Last time i was in there there were NO beers on the menu!. On pressing the point the barman reluctantly admitted they did in fact sell beers, except they were not on display or the menu and hidden away 'under the counter' :rolleyes:

The 'small plates' which used to be Tapas at £2.50 for a choice of 3 are now £5.25, a 110% price increase.

I used to have tapas every evening and now I won't so that is lost revenue. I won't be drinking wine either.

It is touted as a sophisticated wine bar and they want you to drink wine, which IMO is more expensive than beer. Last time i was in there there were NO beers on the menu!. On pressing the point the barman reluctantly admitted they did in fact sell beers, except they were not on display or the menu and hidden away 'under the counter' :rolleyes:

The 'small plates' which used to be Tapas at £2.50 for a choice of 3 are now £5.25, a 110% price increase.

I used to have tapas every evening and now I won't so that is lost revenue. I won't be drinking wine either.

Should have made it a beer bar, like Michael's Club on Celebrity Silhouette, and offered a range of world beers instead of wine.

Pricing us out of Tapas on a cruise mustbe a good thing.

But we like a cocktail before dinner so hope the other bars won't be too crowded because passengers are avoiding. The Glasshouse.

No one is avoiding either the glasshouse or Ramblas/glasshouse. They are both very well used. Some people do not like them others think they are great. Which is a good job as people are spread over the ship.

Gan Canny

Dai

Archived