Carnival Sunshine

mwb826

All the hotel director could do would be to get someone in there to check things out.

A ships hotel director has a large amount of authority and the overall responsibility for the comfort of guests, I would think that a hotel director could and would do more than just send someone to check things out. I, of course, would not seek out the hotel director until after getting nowhere with guest services. I do not carry a tool belt for cruises and I do expect problems to be addressed promptly and efficiently. That said, I must say that any problem or concern on any of my Carnival cruises were resolved quickly...

A ships hotel director has a large amount of authority and the overall responsibility for the comfort of guests, I would think that a hotel director could and would do more than just send someone to check things out. I, of course, would not seek out the hotel director until after getting nowhere with guest services. I do not carry a tool belt for cruises and I do expect problems to be addressed promptly and efficiently. That said, I must say that any problem or concern on any of my Carnival cruises were resolved quickly...

I know the hotel director on Carnival Sunshine and would not expect him to put on a tool belt and show up at my cabin.

The cabin steward would have been the best place to start, then floor manager, ...

All the hotel director could do would be to get someone in there to check things out.

I think if they denied me a meeting with the Hotel Director after repeated attempts to have the problem rectified, I'd be taking my pillow and blanket and sleeping atop the Guest Services Desk. Much cooler there. :)

packing list:

Clothes

spending money

sunscreen

travel documents

tool belt

OK looks like we are all set.;)

Bill

Great. Passengers provide entertainment and now it's being suggested they should provide maintenence as well?

CCL's new motto to be:

Carnival. The DIY Cruise Line.

??????????????????????????

We have requested to meet the Hotel Director multiple times, and was told no. .

:confused:

:rolleyes:

Unbelievable.

I know the hotel director on Carnival Sunshine and would not expect him to put on a tool belt and show up at my cabin.

The cabin steward would have been the best place to start, then floor manager, ...

Whoever said they expected the hotel director to put on a tool belt? Are you trying to turn the discussion around by putting words in someones mouth again? You are wrong about the correct place to start. The correct place to start is Guest Services, getting room problems resolved is one of their responsibilities on the ship. If I had that problem and if it were not resolved, I too would know the Cruise Director and most importantly he would know me...

Whoever said they expected the hotel director to put on a tool belt? Are you trying to turn the discussion around by putting words in someones mouth again? You are wrong about the correct place to start. The correct place to start is Guest Services, getting room problems resolved is one of their responsibilities on the ship. If I had that problem and if it were not resolved, I too would know the Cruise Director and most importantly he would know me...

Again? The next time will be the first. :rolleyes:

Have you been on Carnival Sunshine?

Again? The next time will be the first. :rolleyes:

Have you been on Carnival Sunshine?

Never been on the Sunshine or Destiny, but would consider the Sunshine/Destiny after it has sailed for about a year, and if it sailed from a Florida port.

I was on the Sunshine and I had a cabin that had a polyurethane/paint like smell coming in from ac ducts. Everyone in cabin suffered a migraine. Lost a day in port.( Also first day had no AC for several hours)

I notified Customer service 4 times-one time their response was "well you picked the cabin" what a resonse!!!I saw painters using respirators- wish my cabin had some respirator masks

could have used them -absolute health hazard -

shame on carnival

nice ship, nice ports poor customer service

I will be on the Sunshine in 77 days, and I truly hope they have finally got everything together.. :)

Me, I can be pretty laid back, but the wife can be 'He** on Anyone' who even thinks they can ruin her first vacation in the Med.! :eek: Even scares me... :rolleyes:;)

I was on the Sunshine and I had a cabin that had a polyurethane/paint like smell coming in from ac ducts. Everyone in cabin suffered a migraine. Lost a day in port.( Also first day had no AC for several hours)

I notified Customer service 4 times-one time their response was "well you picked the cabin" what a resonse!!!I saw painters using respirators- wish my cabin had some respirator masks

shame on carnival

Oh gracious, that's horrible. Please tell me the smell went away?

You're right, that is terrible customer service and Carnival really needs to step up it's game.

shame on carnival

that is really a shocking response.

Sleep on deck :)

But in all seriousness, i always find making a HUGE fuss at guest services will get the issue sorted.

Hope you get it fixed as Europe is heating up this next few weeks!!

Oh gracious, that's horrible. Please tell me the smell went away?

You're right, that is terrible customer service and Carnival really needs to step up it's game.

the smell did go away each day- it was there for about 4hrs daily that we noticed- luckily, - I am very understanding- I know problems can happen- but it is like the previous poster said- it is how they handle the problems- I have written a letter to carnival- as I hope they handle other guests better than they did with us.

On a positive side, the ship was vey nice, and it really did not feel like a crowded ship. food was decent, entertainment some good some not so good. But, I picked carnival for the ports- which were absolutely incredible-

We were on the June 7 sailing and second floor a/c was working and cold . We did hear by the middle of the cruise of the upper floors sleeping with their doors open. Don't know if they were in balcony but it happened. They also had water issues or that's what they said at dinner. I did smell the paint or glue fumes several times. With asthma I wouldn't have been able to stand the fumes long . Also the lights went out in the shops one evening but were restored. Wonderful cruise just still has some issues

Also I forgot to mention. I did pack a flashlight which also had a red er flasher on it and did pack it in my bag during the propulsion problems and light problems at night. No kidding I think it's a good idea to have one or if u have iPhone with one. Never know if all the lights went out at night. Just a suggestion

the smell did go away each day- it was there for about 4hrs daily that we noticed- luckily, - I am very understanding- I know problems can happen- but it is like the previous poster said- it is how they handle the problems- I have written a letter to carnival- as I hope they handle other guests better than they did with us.

On a positive side, the ship was vey nice, and it really did not feel like a crowded ship. food was decent, entertainment some good some not so good. But, I picked carnival for the ports- which were absolutely incredible-

I wonder if they're just getting punch drunk at guest services from all the complaints.

I wonder if they're just getting punch drunk at guest services from all the complaints.
I'm guessing it is not a job a lot of people are bidding up to, if they have that option as employees... :eek::eek:

• 1 month later...

Archived