Carnival Sunshine

mwb826

I know this seems rather strange to try and do something yourself nowadays. It's a little off the normal path of letting someone or some entity totally take care of you.

But it's slightly possible it's an easy fix. Spending a few minutes tinkering with it would be something I'd do right from the start.

Tinkering with the HVAC system? Too funny. :p:p:p

Maybe the saboteurs cut the phone lines too?:confused:

Bill

What would you call something being damaged intentionally after it had been constructed or fixed?

Sent using Tapatalk on my iphone5

packing list:

Clothes

spending money

sunscreen

travel documents

tool belt

OK looks like we are all set.;)

Bill

OMG this made me laugh :)

But seriously....I wouldn't be happy either with 30 degree weather and no A/C!

What would you call something being damaged intentionally after it had been constructed or fixed?

sabotage like the damage that dry dock Dave reported. Like the wires being cut right after they were run, tvs slashed etc.:)

The Sarge asked why the OP didn't pick up the phone to call so I offered up a logical explanation based on DDD's report.

Bill

I doubt the cabin is without any ventilation. AS DDD pointed out one time, someone complaining about the lights not going out in a cabin was trying the wrong switch.

No A/C was the complaint...and that to me is bad enough. 30 degree temps without it doesn't make for pleasant times :) They never said no ventilation. But who knows...maybe there isn't any air movement/circulation happening at all.

No A/C was the complaint...and that to me is bad enough. 30 degree temps without it doesn't make for pleasant times :) They never said no ventilation. But who knows...maybe there isn't any air movement/circulation happening at all.

The cabin is "sweltering" was the complaint. My interpretation is they think the cabin is warm. Without an actual measurement of cabin temperature, it is kind of hard to say.

I still would find the cabin steward and ask them to get someone to look at it.

If the temperature in the cabin is not within the normal range (I think Carnival gives a range of 72-76 degrees) and can't be made so, then compensation is not out of line.

I pack a small inexpensive thermometer and leave the welding equipment at the shop.

sabotage like the damage that dry dock Dave reported. Like the wires being cut right after they were run, tvs slashed etc.:)

The Sarge asked why the OP didn't pick up the phone to call so I offered up a logical explanation based on DDD's report.

Bill

Sure, that was your point.

I stand corrected :) Sweltering was the complaint. I interpreted that to mean no A/C...I guess very poor a/c may be the case. OP said didn't seem to be any air blowing. Sounds uncomfortable to me regardless :)

I pack a small inexpensive thermometer and leave the welding equipment at the shop. This made me smile too :)

We did finally get a fan, and the room is much more comfortable now. Thank you for all your suggestions. I really do appreciate the help. We have requested to meet the Hotel Director multiple times, and was told no. The new rooms do have the thermostat on the wall, and it was all the way to cold the entire time. When you take down the vent cover there is nothing that you can reach to make the air flow stronger. Not going to mention how I know this :o. I do want to say that our room steward is doing his job great. I did not mean to imply that he was not. Just think it is odd that we have never laid eyes on him. Based on my past cruise experience, but this is a big ship and maybe he has many many rooms. I have to say the ship is beautiful. The serenity area is fantastic. The food has been good and our wait staff are fantastic!! Once again, thank you all.

packing list:

Clothes

spending money

sunscreen

travel documents

tool belt

OK looks like we are all set.;)

Bill

LOL! Exactly, Bill!

I think they've lost sight of the fact that the issue isn't just no a/c. There's also an issue of poor customer service. I don't think a tool belt will fix that. The passenger shouldn't have to beg for service by chasing down a guy in the hallway or by pleading with the information desk.

I get tickled reading some of these posts on CC about eternal optimism and expectations of entitlement that some people seem to think the rest of us have. Darn it, if it's hot in my cabin and I can't sleep, I want someone to take care of it!

I appreciate the OP posting this. I was considering booking Sunshine later this year. This is definitely news I can use.

Glad to hear things have improved. All the hotel director could do would be to get someone in there to check things out. The cabin steward should be able to do the same.

Even though the thermostat is turned all the way in one direction, maybe it is wired backwards or not connected at all? Not suggesting you rewire it, but if you set it in the middle does the room get hotter or colder or no difference?

Heck, maybe a neighbor stuffed a pillow up the ventilation duct to maximize their airflow.

LOL! Exactly, Bill!

I think they've lost sight of the fact that the issue isn't just no a/c. There's also an issue of poor customer service. I don't think a tool belt will fix that. The passenger shouldn't have to beg for service by chasing down a guy in the hallway or by pleading with the information desk.

I get tickled reading some of these posts on CC about eternal optimism and expectations of entitlement that some people seem to think the rest of us have. Darn it, if it's hot in my cabin and I can't sleep, I want someone to take care of it!

I appreciate the OP posting this. I was considering booking Sunshine later this year. This is definitely news I can use.

If only we lived in a perfect world - how boring would that be? There are complaints about customer service on all the cruise boards. :p

If only we lived in a perfect world - how boring would that be? There are complaints about customer service on all the cruise boards. :p

And this excuses poor service by Carnival?

Customer service isn't measured by IF there is a problem, it's measure by how well the problem is handled.

OP I'm happy you are finally getting a little relief. :)

We will be in Room 9216 in August which is right beside your cabin, (or rather like a mirror image of your cabin, right behind you) so i'm hoping we won't have the same problem....

If you have any photo's of those cabins you could upload on your return, i'd be grateful to see x

And this excuses poor service by Carnival?

Customer service isn't measured by IF there is a problem, it's measure by how well the problem is handled.

EXACTLY!

We have a thermostat in our travel clock. Sweltering rooms is a deal breaker for me. 85 degrees in the room = not a happy camper.

Archived