Gift Bags

I have done a couple of group cruises and made up canvas tote bags. I did an iron-on transfer with the ship's name, date, etc. In the bag I put a list of ship abbreviations, a print-out of the deck plans (from cruisedeckplans.com), the $ store rain ponchos, luggage tags and bookmarks that I printed up and laminated.

I have put in: small hand sanitizer, small sunscreen, mini chapstick (in summer you can get tiny ones in the pkg with regular size). Fruit snacks in the shape of sharks, goldfish crackers, from the bookstore I got bookmarks that had fish on them. I love making up gift bags for trips. She may wish to give them to the group before cruising so Mom doesn't have to haul it all in a bag to the airport! Enjoy your trip! We have 200+ days till our next one...

I have done a couple of group cruises and made up canvas tote bags. I did an iron-on transfer with the ship's name, date, etc. In the bag I put a list of ship abbreviations, a print-out of the deck plans (from cruisedeckplans.com), the $ store rain ponchos, luggage tags and bookmarks that I printed up and laminated.

Would you share with us how you did 'iron-on transfers'?

I'd love to know how to do that.

Thanks. :)

Would you share with us how you did 'iron-on transfers'?

I'd love to know how to do that.

Thanks. :)

Pia,

I can jump in and answer, too.

I did some recently for one of our cruises.

I just went to our local craft store and bought the transfer paper that goes into your computer printer.

You can get them at the local office supply, too. They are by the computer labels, business cards, address labels, etc.

I designed the images and typed the date, ship, etc.

Printed them out and ironed them on the t-shirts.

One time I was traveling with high school friends, and I just bought over size t-shirts. I did the iron on and we all used them for night shirts. They turned out great.

2 things I always do....wash the shirts first. Because if they shrink, your designed will look funky. I also "test" print on a blank sheet. I mark an x on it to see whether I should place the transfer side face down or up.

There are step by step instructions included. I follow the ironing part exactly. Then after they cool....I lay a heavy book on them for awhile.

It's really easy and fun to do...especially for cruise shirts :)

Pia,

I can jump in and answer, too.

I did some recently for one of our cruises.

I just went to our local craft store and bought the transfer paper that goes into your computer printer.

You can get them at the local office supply, too. They are by the computer labels, business cards, address labels, etc.

I designed the images and typed the date, ship, etc.

Printed them out and ironed them on the t-shirts.

One time I was traveling with high school friends, and I just bought over size t-shirts. I did the iron on and we all used them for night shirts. They turned out great.

2 things I always do....wash the shirts first. Because if they shrink, your designed will look funky. I also "test" print on a blank sheet. I mark an x on it to see whether I should place the transfer side face down or up.

There are step by step instructions included. I follow the ironing part exactly. Then after they cool....I lay a heavy book on them for awhile.

It's really easy and fun to do...especially for cruise shirts :)

Good info by FoghornLeghorn. I have done many iron-ons. There are different qualities of iron-on sheets also, I just bought 25 on eBay for a very reasonable price. I design mine on PrintShop and have had very good luck. You can "steal" designs from many sources and then add on your info, such as ship, sailing date, etc. Always print out a test sheet first, being sure to mark that you want "reverse for iron-on transfer".

When doing the iron-on, use a very hot iron, no steam and press down very firmly while ironing. I put a book on the ironing board to give a solid surface under the shirt & transfer. Some iron-ons have to be cool before peeling off the backing but occasionally you may find one that has to still be hot. Once you get the hang of it, you will find it is easy and lots of fun.

A couple of 2 gallon zip lock bags - can hold wet swimsuit, shoes, paperwork, etc.

Miniature sewing kit.

Variety of hard candies - mints, ginger, butterscotch, cinnamon...

Maybe divvy things up by sex so each family or couple doesn't end up with duplicates and it would cut cost a little as well. Example: bandaids in the boy bags, hand lotion in the girl bags.

Archived