Ben and Jerry's "Sweet" (6305) Liberty of the Seas question/s

Hello!

I've read several threads here about this stateroom (via the search function) but am still curious about a few things.

I read where the "extras" that come with 6305 may vary depending on which ship you're on. Some of the extras I've read about include.. free ice cream daily at Ben and Jerry's, access to the Concierge Lounge (I think that would be great) robes, etc. There are a couple nice videos on YouTube but I don't believe I saw any from Liberty.

I guess my question would be what's the "scoop" on Liberty?! :) Anyone sailed Liberty and had the Ben and Jerry's room lately? If I were to be lucky enough to get it someday I would hope Liberty would have the same extras that Indy and FOS do. It makes no sense to me that they wouldn't mind you but I HAVE read conflicting reports!

Thanks a bunch in advance!

We had this cabin on Indy or Liberty but I’m pretty sure it was Indy and it was our worse cruise. I was told when we booked we would get the free ice cream and concierge lounge access. When we boarded and went to our cabin we were excited. We expected a somewhat blocked view and it was but more than we expected. That was really no big deal as we could still see parts of the promenade. Cow stuff is everywhere as you would expect except it is glued down and took up lots of storage space on shelves. Still not too bad. We expected a letter in our cabin. It was not there. We ask our cabin steward and she nothing about it. We ask at guest services and they also know nothing about it. We go to bed the first night and discover the mid ship access area shares a wall with our cabin. The door at Ben & Jerry’s slammed shut day and night whenever someone used it and just let it close. BANG! It woke us up many times through the night. We asked again the next day about concierge access. Nope, they know nothing about it. We finally received keys to the lounge later that day after asking again and telling them we were told we this was a perk we would get. We went one time and the concierge was very friendly until he found out we were not true suite guests. We never went back. We asked to change rooms and the ship was full. Banging and waking us up many times through the night. Everytime the door slammed it shook the wall the bed was on. The bridge where the band performs is right outside the window and it was loud. More noise to keep us awake. We did not get a restful night of sleep the whole cruise.

We did get free ice cream though and we learned a lesson. Always check cabin location from now on. Cabins surround what room we book above, below, beside, and across the hall.

I would never take this cabin again but that was our experience. I know many people have had it and loved it.

I would never take this cabin again but that was our experience. I know many people have had it and loved it.

Thanks much for the reply! You're right, I've read many people that said they loved it and raved about it (mostly for the perks of course) and yet others that felt the way you do.

The noise we could deal with (although many say it's a non-issue) and would just assume it to be a fact/nuisance to be on the safe side. What I wouldn't like is to run into what you did where everyone acts like they don't know anything about the perks. I expect to see the letter/s and info upon arrival in the cabin.

That would irritate me (nobody having heard of the perks) as the perks (especially the CL) are what interests me the most. I could deal with the CL concierge I'm almost positive. I have a certain "gift of gab" shall we say and things usually work out! :) I get along well with others. Not saying you don't mind you! :)

Hello!

I've read several threads here about this stateroom (via the search function) but am still curious about a few things.

I read where the "extras" that come with 6305 may vary depending on which ship you're on. Some of the extras I've read about include.. free ice cream daily at Ben and Jerry's, access to the Concierge Lounge (I think that would be great) robes, etc. There are a couple nice videos on YouTube but I don't believe I saw any from Liberty.

I guess my question would be what's the "scoop" on Liberty?! :) Anyone sailed Liberty and had the Ben and Jerry's room lately? If I were to be lucky enough to get it someday I would hope Liberty would have the same extras that Indy and FOS do. It makes no sense to me that they wouldn't mind you but I HAVE read conflicting reports!

Thanks a bunch in advance!

We had that cabin last year in November and had access to the CL. We also heard no noise at night and I'm a light sleeper. We didn't use the lounge as much as I thought we would and I think it's because it's out of the way. We didn't allow enough time for us to walk there, sit/relax and have a drink before dinner and then walk back down to the dining room. My DH used it in the morning for the coffee machine though.

We have this and the adjoining cabin booked in the future on the Liberty. My kids really wanted this cabin. I am a very light sleeper, but we'll put the kids in 6305. They are always wiped at night on cruises and I don't think the noise will bother them. There are videos of the Liberty cabin on You tube...search for cow butt cabin.

We had that cabin last year in November and had access to the CL. We also heard no noise at night and I'm a light sleeper.

Sounds good. I think if I get a chance to snag it I will. Seems like a lot of nice perks for the price of a regular promenade cabin. Hate to give up the balcony cabins that we enjoy but certainly want to give this a chance.

If I have to wait until D+ to get those perks it's going to be awhile! :)

My wife and I had this cabin on LOS in November 2012. We enjoyed it immensely. The cow pun filled letter they leave for you is a fun treat. We were left 2 vouchers for free ice cream for each day of the cruise. It never really specified what was included as free, but the guys behind the counter called us their neighbors when we showed them the coupons. By the end of the week, they letr us have pretty much whatever we wanted as long as it wasn't busy. There was some noise on the last night when they were using the crew stairway right next door on the bedroom wall to move luggage, but otherwise it was perfectly normal noise levels in our opinion. They left us a "Cowncierge" card for entrance into the lounge. We went 2 out of our 5 nights and it was very nice. Appetizers that I hadn't seen served elsewhere on ship. Pleasant company, and private bartender with free booze. We didn't have any robes, but we never noticed/needed them anyway. It's a great room. Look for the wind up cow above the TV. My wife left it there as an offering to the bovine gods...

My wife and I had this cabin on LOS in November 2012. We enjoyed it immensely. The cow pun filled letter they leave for you is a fun treat. We were left 2 vouchers for free ice cream for each day of the cruise. It never really specified what was included as free, but the guys behind the counter called us their neighbors when we showed them the coupons. By the end of the week, they letr us have pretty much whatever we wanted as long as it wasn't busy. There was some noise on the last night when they were using the crew stairway right next door on the bedroom wall to move luggage, but otherwise it was perfectly normal noise levels in our opinion. They left us a "Cowncierge" card for entrance into the lounge. We went 2 out of our 5 nights and it was very nice. Appetizers that I hadn't seen served elsewhere on ship. Pleasant company, and private bartender with free booze. We didn't have any robes, but we never noticed/needed them anyway. It's a great room. Look for the wind up cow above the TV. My wife left it there as an offering to the bovine gods...

That sounds great (and what I'm hoping for)!! Pretty much exactly what I've anticipated/heard. We'll look for your wind up cow and have to bring something of our own to leave behind as well (good idea!) :)

Thanks very much for your feedback! Thanks to everyone else that has replied too of course! Anyone else feel free to chime in too.

I have stayed in the Ben & Jerry Sweet on Freedom, & Liberty, & my husband & I stayed in this room on Indy in February 2013. On all 3 ships, you received 2 coupons per day for the ice cream, 2 robes for use on board, access to the concierge lounge for coffee, hot chocolate, tea, & a light breakfast, & a bartender at night for free drinks for a couple hours, as well as light snacks. The conciege also got us the ice show tickets, there was seating in the reserved area at the show, as well as boarding passes for flights. A fruit & cheese tray was delivered to the room one day, & another day there was a cookie tray. There was also a special menu that was available for us to order from. As far as the noise goes, I can sleep through anything, but my husband is a very light sleeper & he didn't have any issues. On Indy they have done away with the upgraded bathroom amenities. I hope this helps. FYI: We will book this room whenever we are able to.:)

I have stayed in the Ben & Jerry Sweet on Freedom, & Liberty, & my husband & I stayed in this room on Indy in February 2013. On all 3 ships, you received 2 coupons per day for the ice cream, 2 robes for use on board, access to the concierge lounge for coffee, hot chocolate, tea, & a light breakfast, & a bartender at night for free drinks for a couple hours, as well as light snacks. The conciege also got us the ice show tickets, there was seating in the reserved area at the show, as well as boarding passes for flights. A fruit & cheese tray was delivered to the room one day, & another day there was a cookie tray. There was also a special menu that was available for us to order from. As far as the noise goes, I can sleep through anything, but my husband is a very light sleeper & he didn't have any issues. On Indy they have done away with the upgraded bathroom amenities. I hope this helps. FYI: We will book this room whenever we are able to.:)

Awesome! Thanks so much for the info and taking the time to post! Very much appreciated!

Archived