Martini tasting-which were your favorites?

BugsMomma

Does anyone know which bar this is held at on the Fascination?

They announce in fun times. The time and location. (i.e. 5-10 in Ocean Bar) I would add the choices of 4 martinis come on cards with 8 options. I have seem some variation on the choices. My favorite is the cosmo, but there is one made with Jack Daniels that I like. I am not a fan of gin, so the ones with gin, I stayed away from.

I have to agree - the Chipotle Martini was the best! DH & I would go and share 4 each time - that way we were able to try them all in two sittings. On the Valor last October you could do the tasting anytime the Martini Bar was open.

I missed the martini tasting on the Glory in May. But spent some time at the Alchemy Bar . Love the Spicy Pineapple Chipolte martini. If you get a chance try the Perfect Storm martini. I don't usually like rum but I liked that a lot. :D

These were my choices on Paradise last month, in order of most to least favorite (but they were all good):

Florida Squeeze

Spicy Chipotle

Blackberry Bramble

Sea Blue

The other choices were Caribbean Sunset, Pomegranate Breeze, Melon Crush and Cosmo. I'd probably pick the Melon Crush next time. I like Cosmos but I can have those anytime so thought I should try something different.

The Blackberry Bramble was the only one with gin.

Here are a couple of pics.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I usually have the Carnival Cosmo before dinner. It's different from a regular cosmo, but I don't remember what it is they add.

We've purchased the martini tasting package several times, and we've attended the martini demo where they pass out samples . I definitely do not like a dirty martini, ick! There is a dessert martini that I can' recall the name of, that is yummy. From the martini tasting package, I don't remember if I liked the chipolte one or not. I know I liked a couple of them.

Funny, I don't seem to remember much about the martinis...;) I guess we'll have to go try them all again! :D

Hubby and I tried all 8. The bartender lined them up on the bar, staggered their heights by stacking every other one up on an empty glass, and then poured all 8 drinks out at once from 8 different silver shakers. It was awesome!

Favorite one was the Melon Crush.

They had ours on the Glory at the Alchemy bar but we missed the night they did it. But enjoyed the Basil Drop one and the Martini Seduction. Also if the Alchemy bar is on your ship check with the bartenders to see if they do a martini class. It's not advertised but our two bartenders did and it was only $15 per person (limited seating) and you got to try three different martinis and got a card for a free drink later for taking the class.

I just discovered the Martini tasting and want to try it on our upcoming cruise. What were your favorites? I don't know how to pick just 4!

that is why you have a friend with you. they get 4 you get the other 4 .then line them up :)

I usually have the Carnival Cosmo before dinner. It's different from a regular cosmo, but I don't remember what it is they add.

We've purchased the martini tasting package several times, and we've attended the martini demo where they pass out samples . I definitely do not like a dirty martini, ick! There is a dessert martini that I can' recall the name of, that is yummy. From the martini tasting package, I don't remember if I liked the chipolte one or not. I know I liked a couple of them.

Funny, I don't seem to remember much about the martinis...;) I guess we'll have to go try them all again! :D

Our "cruitine" (cruise routine) every night before our late dining: sit at the lobby bar, listen to the music and enjoy a drink or two -- I usually have the Carnival Cosmo -- so, so good! And strong!:eek: Certainly got my money's worth!!

I really want to try the martini tasting this next cruise!:)

Archived