Picture-A-Week 2013 - Week 26

pierces

I love travel photos... and baby photos, and nature photos... :D

There are some great ones on these threads.

I don't post often but I do come by to admire all of the wonderful pics that people take time to post.

I agree Scuba, that bird reflection shot is one of those not very often perfect opportunity shots. Beautiful.

Baychilla, I have been to San Fran twice and have yet to see the Bridge! Both times it was so foggy all I could see was the peak peeking through the clouds. Great shots.

Victress, yes, your osprey is a great pic but love the drama in your waterfall!

If you'd like to send some of that rain down El Paso way we'd love it. It's 105 right now (almost 5 pm) with 2% humidity. :eek: Your lilies are gorgeous.

Thank you.

I have watched the weather channel and it is terrible in many places. I sure would not want to be in Death Valley.

Last week we were in the 90's -- above normal for us and super dry. Southwestern PA.

Now we are having tons of rain. We have several towns under water. And it is to rain for the next week.

Wish I could send you some of our rain.

We had nothing but rain all of June. The taps finally shut off yesterday (probably the rain you're getting now Krazy) and now we are in for a week of summer. This is our first summer in the northwest, quite a bit different from Arizona! I prefer the northwest by far.

Your smaller waterfalls are much more approachable than these monsters, Boeckli.

DSC00636_zps06d1d1fc.jpg

One of the smaller streams, playing with the manual settings on the camera.

DSC00654_zpsf21b8f69.jpg

It's tough to get a good picture of a hummingbird!

Vic

It is tough to get the hummingbirds -- we have 2 feeders -- one under the eve at the end of our back patio and another outside our TV room.

Our feeders look like this:

BHBPWF_1.jpg

The rains have been terrible the last few days. A couple of small towns had to be evacuated because they are so low and there was no where for the water to go. Small streams are overflowing and dams are over flowing as well. Too much rain in too short a time span.

Pierces, Congratulations on the babe and the shot. :)

I've just returned from a Med cruise, which I loved!

I am just in the process of downloading my pics to my online photo site.

Here are a few from Mykonos.

1044775_10200591288839217_2036060723_n.jpg

969851_10200592436787915_1996813741_n.jpg

Love the photos you posted so far, can't wait to see the rest. Please share the link to your online photo site, thanks.:)

Thank you! :)

I have just downloaded them to Shutterfly but not yet on my travel site. Things have been hectic. I will be sure to get back here when I do though.

We loved these ports including Naples, Tuscany, Greece, Malta and Turkey.

I have only a little Nikon 500 point and shoot so I don't pretend to claim to be a photographer like those on these boards.

I took so many door and isolated 'thing' shots that my hubby, who wasn't along on this cruise, asked where the pics of country side were? :D

1003101_10200533049863279_780894534_n.jpg

Both these photos were taken in Oia from our port stop in Santorini.

1000179_10200530922010084_1675597328_n.jpg

942824_10200496440988080_1977690806_n.jpg

My sister and girlfriend in front of the Barcelona Cathedral.

1002276_10200549499594512_903108922_n.jpg

I loved the typical Greek look to this fellow and being Canadian, appreciated his lapel pin which I believe to be the Canadian flag.

I think you can definitely claim to be a "photographer" - your pictures are great. It doesn't take a fancy camera, just a good eye behind it. Love the one with the boat - nice colors and the composition is excellent.

Concur - that was precisely my thought too! Your P&S shots would put a lot of DSLR people to shame!

The following are from June 24, during a trip to Disney World...shot with my NEX-5N and 18-55mm lens. They are all shot handheld using in-camera HDR set to take 3-frames 3 stops apart in the failing dusk light - these are all from the newly expanded Fantasyland section of Magic Kingdom park:

The landscape next to Beast's castle, which you really only get a good look at when heading over the bridge to Be Our Guest restaurant:

original.jpg

Be Our Guest entrance doors:

original.jpg

The bridge and castle backdrop:

original.jpg

Belle's storytime cottage:

original.jpg

Village Haus restaurant, as seen from the newly opened Fantasyland area that Dumbo once occupied:

original.jpg

Little Mermaid building:

original.jpg

Archived