FOS aft balcony 7710

I have read good and bad things about the aft balcony on FOS and we are thinking about this room.Can anyone who stayed in this room tell me if the room seems smaller or if the Balcony has a bad view or any reason I should not get this room.We have never had a aft and really want to try one but need to know all before we book it.Thank you!

We love the corner afts 7408 and 7708, the ones neighboring the cabin you are asking about. Those are no smaller than others we have been in so I'mm gonna say you will be alright with the size of cabin.

You will love the depth of the balcony! It is huge!

There is some of the ship super structure that will be obstructing your view somewhat. It bothers some, not us. Yes, we see if for about 5 minutes but then all focus is on the ocean and the structure becomes a non-issue.

Google some pics. I'm sure if you don't mind the looooooooooooooooooooooooong walk to the cabin, you will like the results. I have two bad knees that have been replaced and I love the aft, will take those over any.

Tim

You decide.

Freedom_aft_balconies-L.jpg

You can not look straight down, the decks below stick out. Straight out sitting in your lounge chair is fine.

I am in 7712 this September. These are some of the bigger jr. suites on the ship and the balcony is supposed to be a bit bigger.

Back in 2009 we stayed in one of the 2 bedroom suits on the aft of Freedom and the only two things we did not like was the view of the ship structure and some lack of privacy from the upper decks. Here are some pictures from our balcony

snapshot_002_zps392c0d12.png

snapshot_001_zps466fc2a4.png

snapshot_003_zps285ced71.png

Haven't done that cabin, but we try to book 1702 every time we cruise on FOS. The only thing we've noticed is that the further down you go the less coverage you have above you because of the curve of the stern. If it rains you may get wet, and if you're at the rail of your balcony, you will be in full view of the cabins above you.:o

Haven't done that cabin, but we try to book 1702 every time we cruise on FOS. The only thing we've noticed is that the further down you go the less coverage you have above you because of the curve of the stern. If it rains you may get wet, and if you're at the rail of your balcony, you will be in full view of the cabins above you.:o

That is the nice thing (well, one of the things we like about it) about deck 7 afts. There is a lot of cover should it rain. You can sit on the balcony and not get wet. There is also almost always somewhere you can get sun. It is the best of both worlds.

There is more privacy on deck 7 than the others also, except for deck 10.

Tim

We've had 1702 (great and helpful picture by the way). I am or was a sailor so judge accordingly .....

- we were at the top level of the 'aft cabins' and could look down into the decks below ... not all the way to their door .... but some. Privacy ... trash (sorry to say) .. is compromised.

+ the aft cabins have huge decks, well as compared to the regular veranda ... but.

- we experienced 'soot' .... ash from the engines fell on the deck and the loungers ... don't sit down b4 wiping the furniture.

- on a calm sea day while the ship is steaming (sea day) .... the stern is 'in the lee' ... it is blocked from the air - both that blowing naturally and that generated just because the ship is moving. That aft veranda was a SAUNA on the sea days. We'd move to the pool deck to cool off . .

the corner rooms might not have ALL these issues but for me, an AFT is not something I chase anymore.

I have read good and bad things about the aft balcony on FOS and we are thinking about this room.Can anyone who stayed in this room tell me if the room seems smaller or if the Balcony has a bad view or any reason I should not get this room.We have never had a aft and really want to try one but need to know all before we book it.Thank you!

I stayed in 7710 last month. I loved it The room isnt much bigger than an inside room. Its an E1 cabin. The balcony is large. Measures 10ft x 10ft Its nice because it has a covered roof. very private.

IMG_5736.jpg.76835abed3609fc2a67969d89b971b0a.jpg

IMG_5375.jpg.85615297e07d67f2971e127e76896cdf.jpg

IMG_5401.jpg.72d26e3ef0ab1c7573f763b70ad238ad.jpg

We love the corner afts 7408 and 7708, the ones neighboring the cabin you are asking about. Those are no smaller than others we have been in so I'mm gonna say you will be alright with the size of cabin.

You will love the depth of the balcony! It is huge!

Tim

Ditto this... See if one of these is available. Here are some pics of 7408:

e428f6aa34ba52f61a005fecea89f6bd_zpsb527b240.jpg

dbb3334c842de528b105d4cf983a72b1_zps0d414bd7.jpg

efcf88014631b17bdd46060fada612b8_zpsab31754d.jpg

0d650fbdfa9c0320a63ebfa5959ab08f_zpse59554f5.jpg

e2e32f32a4d4a131e5a015d0d718b165_zps24e2fba6.jpg

Looking down from the edge:

6323d70337846de03a4be74e63f60694_zpse147c44a.jpg

Notice the hugh suite balcony on deck six in the middle? There is NO WAY I would take that balcony or cabin, little to no view and no privacy on the balcony.

Tim

I agree. That is the presidential family suite. If I pay that much money, I would want a better view....

I agree. That is the presidential family suite. If I pay that much money, I would want a better view....

I agree too. I wonder if that particular suite is priced lower than the others in that category?

We'll be in corner aft 7708 next May, but we're only paying for an E1. :)

• 4 weeks later...

We will be in 7708 on IOTS very soon but noticed in the picture the seating area looked smaller than that of other balcony cabins. Does that mean this room is generally smaller than a standard balcony cabin ?

Since this thread is about AFTS, I have been wondering about the Aft we have booked for a TA on Serenade of the Seas # 8168 Cat D2.

Are we to expect soot on our balcony?

Are we to expect more wind and more motion?

Also, on another thread someone mentioned that on this deck (Deck 8) there was a fowl smell in the corridor on the inside where the aft cabins were. They did not notice this fowl smell on the other decks.

Has anyone been on this aft deck and has experienced the same?

I am hoping that this was a one time experience?

Hope someone can clarify?

Thank you

We will be in 7708 on IOTS very soon but noticed in the picture the seating area looked smaller than that of other balcony cabins. Does that mean this room is generally smaller than a standard balcony cabin ?

7708 has one of the largest balconies on the entire ship except maybe a gs or up, but the cabin is the same size as any other in its class. You could put a dozen loungers out there and still have room. Had a roll call group out there when we stayed in 7708. The balcony more than doubles your living space. I paced it off, around 13 by 20

We really enjoyed our balcony on IOS #9706. Not much obstruction and it was 1/2 covered by overhang.

016_zps05934bbb.jpg

here you can see how the cabins are somewhat exposed to those above. I had planned on trying for a direct aft on deck 10 next time, but those pics of the 7408 have me re-thinking my strategy lol.

138_zps68943ceb.jpg

We really enjoyed our balcony on IOS #9706. Not much obstruction and it was 1/2 covered by overhang.

here you can see how the cabins are somewhat exposed to those above. I had planned on trying for a direct aft on deck 10 next time, but those pics of the 7408 have me re-thinking my strategy lol.

138_zps68943ceb.jpg

Nice

Tim

Archived