Freedom review june 16th Awesome ship.

We ( me 50 and my boyfriend is 52 ) are from NJ we flew out of Philly on Saturday 6/15. We landed in Orlando and rented a car from Budget and drove to Cocoa Beach to the Double Tree Hotel by Hilton ( we would find a cheaper hotel next time not worth the money ). WE went to Fish Lips for dinner. I had the crab cakes very good I would recommend them. We got up the next morning and dropped the car off at Budget. Took their free shuttle to the terminal. Embarkation was fast we were on the ship with-in about 30 minutes eating lunch at Windjammer. The ship was beautiful so big and clean. Everyone we met from the crew was so helpful and nice . We went to dinner in the main dining room the first night we had the prime rib It was cooked prefect . My boyfriend did the karaoke and had a great time too.

Day 2 Coco Kay

I snorkeled here and saw really big fish it was rocky getting in and out of the water to snorkel but then I walked over to Barefoot Beach and found a chair, the water was warm not many people there. It's worth the walk to a much nicer side on the island . I had the lunch there Yuck I will go back to the ship to eat next time. Paul stayed on the ship and relaxed . We then went to the cupcake place I had a turtle cupcake it was so good with a nice cup of coffee . We went to see the 3-D movie Madagascar 3 is was cute . Tonight is formal night so we got dressed up . I enjoy looking nice on formal nights that's why they call it formal night. The dining room does not enforce the dress code at all people with cut off shorts let in on formal night. I had beef tenderloin again the food was very good and cheesecake for dessert.Then off to see Marquee Show it was very good the dancers were really into it.

Day 3 at sea

We slept in and had breakfast on our balcony ( which the upgrade fairy gave us It is awesome !!!!! ). We enjoy channel 14 The morning show with Richard and Jamie every morning its so funny . We went to the Freedom on Ice . Com show at 4:30 It is a must see show. We ate lunch at Johnny Rockets I enjoyed the onion rings and the burgers were nice and juicy . We walked around the ship and found the flow-rider it looks like fun for the kids. The is miniature golf and a basketball court. There is a lot to do on this ship for the kids and teenagers . We went to Portofino for dinner and we both had the Filet Mignon the steaks were cooked prefect. They also brought us a plate of noodles with mushrooms and a white cheese sauce I ate most of it. Service was great, we passed on dessert so the waiter bought us chocolate covered strawberry's and little cookies to take back to the cabin. I was so tired I went to sleep early. Paul hung out at the connoisseur club enjoying a cigar . Today was also the meet & mingle Paul won 30 mins of internet service and a cap and some office supply's too. Make sure you sign up for the meet & mingle !!

Day 4 St Thomas

We have breakfast at the main dining room still hungry. Its raining here our tour was cancelled so went and picked another tour of the Island. The tour bought us downtown to do some shopping first then the bus bought us to Mountain Top were Paul had the famous Banana Daiquiri lots of rum. The weather was getting nasty again so we went to see Magen's Bay beach. It was beautiful the water was so warm and the tour took us back to the ship. Tonight was the love and marriage game we laughed so much it was the best. Richard Spacey is so funny !! He has got to be the best Cruise Director.

Day 5 St. Maarten

We ate breakfast on the balcony again its so nice and relaxing . We are doing the under water boat tour. The tour was very good It lasted about 4 1/2 hours between shopping and seeing a lot of the island. I would like to stay here for a couple of days. We got back to the boat and ate at windjammer for lunch the fish was very good I am not sure what kind it was.Paul found a store in Marigot that sold Cuba cigars that he enjoyed when we got back to the ship .We walked around the ship and found the heliport its a great place to relax. We had another wonderful dinner in the dining room . Another early night for me the fresh air makes me so tired in bed by 10:00

Day 6 at sea

Today is a pool day ! I spend alot of time by the pool . We ate in the dining room for lunch today Its open on sea days only I had a fish dish it had a great taste again I don't remember what kind of fish We both had the Onion soup that was very good . Today was the Men's belly flop competition It was very funny we watched it on the big screen again Richard does a great job of pointing out the funny stuff that no one else thinks about . The ship has been raising money for The make a wish foundation We are trying to raise 15,000 this week if we hit that mark Richard Spacey and The captain Tor Olsen will get there heads shaved what a great cause Jamie already had he head shaved the week before . Tonight is formal night the Fisherman's plate which had Broiled lobster tail, with shrimp and veggies . I loved it so much I had 2 of them . The chilled soups are really good too . Paul had prime rib it was much better then the first night he likes the chilled soups too . At first he wasn't into them but now he had 2 of them strawberry bisque was yummy .Tonight was the Quest game show It was so funny this is for adults only we laughed all night again Richard is the host anything Richard is involved in is a must see event .

Day 7 at sea

Today we had our last breakfast on the balcony. Another great pool day . Today was walk for wishes we have now raised over 24,000 and the Captain and Richard are getting there heads shaved tonight !!! Its a great day I am so proud to be on a ship that can raise that kind of money for a great cause . We ate at Chops tonight it was the best steak so tender . I watched the DreamWorks parade it was great . Well The head shaving took place it was so cute I wish I had pictures of it !!! The captains wife wasn't very happy ! but it will grow back !! We did book our next cruise to Belize and Cozumel on the liberty next March !! The cruise bug bite me and I love it ...

Disembarkation

We did the early walk off we had a 12:00 flight at Orlando airport. Getting off the ship was much faster then getting on . We were off the ship by 7:30 We reserved a car from budget. They came to the port about 7:45 and picked us up and bought us back to the rental office did the paperwork and off to the airport we went. We made our flight with plenty of time to spare . I would use budget again great prices and they have the drop off at another location .

Thanks for the review. We were on the Freedom in January and loved it. We have been on 15 cruises and on a lot of different ships, and Freedom is by far our favourite. Like you said, so much to see and do and love the cruise director and crew. We were also on the Liberty last year. You will love her also. We just really like the Freedom class ships.

We are booked on the Freedom on December 8th, western route. Have done this itinerary many times, but we now cruise for the ship. We treat it as our floating resort. Love it when everyone gets off and we basically have the ship to ourselves!!

Needless to say, I can't wait for December to get here. Only 163 more sleeps.

I don't know why a "red, thumbs down" icon appeared at the start of my post. I didn't put it there and don't know how it got there. Can anyone explain how this happened so I don't do it again.

It certainly isn't anything against your post OP, if anything it should be a "thumbs up". Thanks.

I don't know why a "red, thumbs down" icon appeared at the start of my post. I didn't put it there and don't know how it got there. Can anyone explain how this happened so I don't do it again.

It certainly isn't anything against your post OP, if anything it should be a "thumbs up". Thanks.

You might have clicked it inadvertantly in the icons section at the bottom of the screen. A lot of people (who maybe should put on their reading glasses!) seem to think it's a fat question mark and attach it to question posts.

I see the weather hasn't changed in 3 weeks in St. Thomas. It rained on us most of the time when I was there too. Luckily our excursions weren't cancelled.

Glad you guys enjoyed the ship. It's one of my favorites so far. :D

Fish lips is a great place to eat right on the Port. Great choice. :cool:

Thanks for your review. We'll be sailing on Freedom for the first time next year, and we can't wait! Only 323 days to go! :shock:

Hey! I'm probably going to be on that trip as well. :D

Hey! I'm probably going to be on that trip as well. :D

Nice! I see you'll be on Brilliance in 5 months. Lucky you've got something lined up before the Freedom cruise. Nothing for us until next May. :( I wish airfare wasn't so high; I might be able to sneak a short one in. I'm having major cruise withdrawal!

Nice! I see you'll be on Brilliance in 5 months. Lucky you've got something lined up before the Freedom cruise. Nothing for us until next May. :( I wish airfare wasn't so high; I might be able to sneak a short one in. I'm having major cruise withdrawal!

I know the feeling. I vowed never to wait a year and a half again. that's much too long.

But that much time will make Freedom much more enjoyable for you.

I see you've never been on Freedom either. You're in for a treat as well.

We are booked at the double tree in November and really haven't seen any reviews of the hotel. What did you not like.

The price for the room was very high. There was no free breakfast I have stayed at nicer places for alot less money A continental breakfast would have been nice. We did book it at the last minute.

Archived