Is there a long wait for Taxi at Port Everglades

thefer

Hi

It looks like I might just get a taxi from Port Everglades to the Westin after my cruise since it is just myself. Typically, how long is the wait for a taxi?

Go shuttle quoted me $12.65. Is the taxi cheaper? Has anyone use Go Shuttle?

thanks

Jennifer

It will depend greatly on the number of ships in port at the time. Sometimes we have walked off the ship and walked right into a waiting cab. Other times we have had to wait up to about 20 minutes in a long line. We are always going to the airport at this point, and the cost is usually about $15.00 plus tip.

Hi

That is what I am thinking. Taxi it is. I believe that the Allure is the only ship in port on Sunday's.

thanks

Jennifer

Not during "cruise season"! November through the middle of April, generally, Port Everglades is crazy on Saturdays and Sundays. This past February when debarking from the Oasis, we were in the final group off, just after 10:00 and the wait for a taxi was a good 20 minutes (which is better than our last experience a few years back at the same port, different pier - at least 45 minutes in line).

A couple of the shuttle drivers walked over to the people in the taxi line and asked that if any of the people in line were going to the airport, they had room in their shuttle and would be out of their pronto. I wish I could have taken them up on it, but needed to wait for a minivan taxi for my handicapped Mom.

If your ship is the only one in port, you ought to be OK in getting a taxi without much wait. If you are arriving at Piers 21, 25, 26 and there are ships at those locations along with ships at Piers 19, 18, 2, and/or 4, you may have a long wait. I disembarked in the final group from Celebrity Eclipse at Pier 25/24 in February. There was a long line of people from the Eurodam and the Eclipse waiting for a taxi. I love sailing from Port Everglades. But, the disembarking experience with the large vessels they are trying to handle with some of their facilities being inadequate negatively taints the cruise experience.

Hi

That is what I am thinking. Taxi it is. I believe that the Allure is the only ship in port on Sunday's.

thanks

Jennifer

Good choice opting for a taxi ....A shared shuttle could have actually taken you a lot longer all things considered ;)

Hi

I guess I should have put down when I am going. I am leaving on the Allure next Sunday. As of now, I only see us as the only ship in town. No clue what pier I will be at.

You will be at Pier 18.

Taxis should not be an issue upon your return. The only other ship that would be in port at that time might be Carnival Freedom at Pier 19.

Archived