Royal Caribbean Visa Credit Card - Cashing in Reward Points

I understand your explanation of sending coupons in for the onboard credits.

What if you have 50,000 points for $650 off booking & an additional 15,000 points for $150 off booking, plus some 5000 points for the onboard credits?

Do you give the $650 & $150 coupons to your travel agent at the time of booking? Then do I forward the onboard credit coupons to RCCL myself?

I have the same question as Cheryl. We have 50,000 points we want to use for the $500 discount on a cruise we have booked for October. The way I understand the program, we need to request the voucher within 6 months of the final payment date and give it to our TA at the time of final payment. Has anyone ever used it for a cruise already booked? Does anyone know if my understanding is correct? Lou

I would also like to know if anyone has unsed the 50,000 point $500 credit on an already booked cruise. Guess it's basicly a wash since we know we can get $500 SeaPass credit and our bill has never been under that. However I was still curious.

BonVoyage

Dawna

• 8 years later...

Has anyone used the points to get the free cruise for 2 125,000 points...didn't know how you have to do it...and any inside information from anyone that has done it

I am almost there and wanted to know how I do it...took a few years...LOL

thank you!

Has anyone used the points to get the free cruise for 2 125,000 points...didn't know how you have to do it...and any inside information from anyone that has done it

I am almost there and wanted to know how I do it...took a few years...LOL

thank you!

We've redeemed 50K points for a free 3/4 day cruise several times. Just book the cruise you want (must be a 7 day Caribbean), in any stateroom OV or better. Redeem the points using the points redemption website and you will get a credit in the amount of the least expensive available OV stateroom at the time you redeem the points.

Edited by clarea

wow, this thread started in 2005.. no wonder I was confused.

Didn't mean to do that but just didn't want to start new thread and searched for info of this and this thread was the closest...:)

We've redeemed 50K points for a free 3/4 day cruise several times. Just book the cruise you want (must be a 7 day Caribbean), in any stateroom OV or better. Redeem the points using the points redemption website and you will get a credit in the amount of the least expensive available OV stateroom at the time you redeem the points.

Thanks, if you book a balcony will you still able to get the diamond crown and anchor discount plus the credit?

When we took out the card we were given 10,000 points free. I went online to redeem them for 2 $50 on board credits. Am I supposed to receive something to take with me on our cruise? I just assumed they would be added as credit on our cruise and that I would not need to do anything else. Our cruise leaves July 27th.

Didn't mean to do that but just didn't want to start new thread and searched for info of this and this thread was the closest...:)

Thanks, if you book a balcony will you still able to get the diamond crown and anchor discount plus the credit?

No you will not- but call 888-305-4626 because sometimes their can be conflicting stories unfortunately on what is and is not combinable these days. Does not hurt to ask

When we took out the card we were given 10,000 points free. I went online to redeem them for 2 $50 on board credits. Am I supposed to receive something to take with me on our cruise? I just assumed they would be added as credit on our cruise and that I would not need to do anything else. Our cruise leaves July 27th.

They should have emailed you a confirmation. I would take that. Too late now but for future reference I always print out the confirmation from the redemption website.

...Thanks, if you book a balcony will you still able to get the diamond crown and anchor discount plus the credit?

Nope, no balcony discount anymore with a free cruise redemption.

No balcony discount with upgrade awards either. And also remember the points start to expire on a first in first out basis after 5 years

I know I have to check on that to see when that happens thank you!