Luggage size

Imnluck

I will be on the Grand Princess. We have a balcony category BC. Do you think I will be able to get 2 suitcases (about 30by 18) into the closet? If not is there somewhere else to put them? Thanks!

I will be on the Grand Princess. We have a balcony category BC. Do you think I will be able to get 2 suitcases (about 30by 18) into the closet? If not is there somewhere else to put them? Thanks!

URNLUCK! :-)

I'd say they'll fit from my recollection of any one of the balcony cabins we've had on other ships.

Although I haven't been on the Grand, I have been on the Ruby, Emerald and Island, all in balcony cabins. On all three we were able to fit two large suit cases across the floor in the closet with no problem.

Under the bed is the best location for suitcases. Totally out of the way. You may have to lift the bed frame slightly to slide them under but once you do that they will fit perfectly with no damage to the luggage.

Thanks everyone! You can tell I'm a newbie!:D I never would have thought under the bed was an option!

We leave on Tuesday. I don't know how I'm going to make it till then! I am so excited!

A question about your luggage.

How heavy are your bags when packed for travel?

We did a T/A this spring with land vacation front and back for a total of 27 days.

We used 2 Delsey Lite bags 24 inch tall, they weighed 7 pounds empty. We started out at 37 lbs for each bag and we returned with each bag weighing 50lbs.

My Dw likes buying table clothes, tea towels, fridge magnets and trinkets I like buying jarred Truffles and other exotic (heavy & bulky) culinary treats, honey, olives and such.

Our bags were destroyed on the flight home and we exchanged them for 2 Samsonite Lift.

They are 26 inches and weigh 9 lbs empty so, the trade off is a little more space to pack. But we will carry 2 lbs less of stuff at max weight.

If I can pack 41lbs of clothing & misc in a 26" by 12" suit case I am wondering what do you pack in a 30"x18" which likely weighs around 15lbs empty?

The reason I ask.

Our friends have large bags and are large people as well so they cannot travel as light as us but we are trying to get them to down size their luggage so when we travel together the 4 of us can hop in a car not a van due to large luggage.

During the last cruise I went through their bags and identified redundancies to drop next time. They flew home at about 78bs a bag but they fly 1st class.

Our next trip this fall is a 58 days 37 day cruise with land trips front and back end.

The fall 2014 vacation will be 64 days but we are doing Europe for 29 days with a River cruise and 2 T/A there & back thrown in with trains and car rentals and lots of cabs. No flights

Not an attack on your travel style just looking for info.

Cheers

In case people don't know it, the Grand closet is half the size of the other Princess ship that are similar(Golden, Star etc). Could hardly get all of our clothes in it (standard balcony cabin) on a long cruise.

The shelves in the closet where the safe is located is also not as deep

as on other ships.

Archived