cruising on halloween

Our favorite time to cruise is Halloween. They do have trick or treat for the kids and costume parties. A good percentage of the people dress up. It doesn't even matter if it is formal night or not. One time my hubby was the wicked witch of the west and was painted all green and had the dress and broom and went like that to dinner on formal night. We were not the only ones dressed in costume for dinner. It is a lot of fun. Just dress us and get involved and you will love it.

Kids are given a trick or treat map if the shops around the ship. They have blow up decorations around the ship for Halloween day for one night only. Costumes can be as simple or elaborate as you want. My dad wore a shirt that said This Is My costume while mom And I entered the costume contest.

• 3 weeks later...

We'll be cruising on Halloween for the first time this year, too. How many people DON'T dress up for it? Would DH and I be the odd couple out if we didn't dress up? We're just not that in to Halloween even at home, so I'm not sure how in to it we'd want to be on board. That being said, I wouldn't want to feel like a fish out of water if we didn't dress up.

We'll be cruising on Halloween for the first time this year, too. How many people DON'T dress up for it? Would DH and I be the odd couple out if we didn't dress up? We're just not that in to Halloween even at home, so I'm not sure how in to it we'd want to be on board. That being said, I wouldn't want to feel like a fish out of water if we didn't dress up.

I'd say 75% dressed up on the cruise we were on. No one will really notice if you don't, but you won't really be able to escape the Halloween festivities that day. They have parties all over the ship, pumpkin carving contests, costume contests and parades, special desserts, kids' trick or treating at various lounges.... it would be tough to escape. They really only have the decorations up the one day, though. They appeared Halloween morning and were gone by the next morning.

I'd say 75% dressed up on the cruise we were on. No one will really notice if you don't, but you won't really be able to escape the Halloween festivities that day. They have parties all over the ship, pumpkin carving contests, costume contests and parades, special desserts, kids' trick or treating at various lounges.... it would be tough to escape. They really only have the decorations up the one day, though. They appeared Halloween morning and were gone by the next morning.

I don't really mind the "festivities", and probably will actually enjoy seeing other people's costumes, I just don't know that I or DH would be interested in dressing up ourselves...we'll see though. Thanks for your answer, though.:)

You could always go as cruise ship tourests.....:eek:

A tiger t-shirt tiger stretch slacks. Later in the cruise matched the t-shirt with black slacks and pants with black t-shirt. Three outfits for the cruise plus makeup and small accessories.

What did you do to your back right paw???? it has a bandage :o

Buy some Halloween T-shirts......

Or dress in Orange & black........

I don't dress-up.......

I have afew Halloween T-shirts that I am taking

with me on the Fascination-Halloween Cruise-10/28/2013...

Happy Booooooooooooo Cruising..................:)

Buy some Halloween T-shirts......

Or dress in Orange & black........

I don't dress-up.......

I have afew Halloween T-shirts that I am taking

with me on the Fascination-Halloween Cruise-10/28/2013...

Happy Booooooooooooo Cruising..................:)

I like the orange and black idea, thanks. :) I think we may do that.

You don't have to spend a lot of money on a costume, be creative. We sailed on the Glory one year on Halloween and I am so glad I brought a costume, I would say at least 80% of the guests were wearing either store bought costumes or, best of all, costumes they made themselves, some pretty outlandish and funny.

I went to a costume store and bought an inexpensive wig and put together a Pippi Longstocking costume. Everyone wore their costume to dinner in the MDR, lots of fun.

Im going as a pirate! I have the best costume from a few years ago, I mean all the bells and whistles, including the real boots and Calvary coat, sword (plastic), sword gloves, the whole shebang!

Just a heads' up - I know when we did the Halloween cruise in 2007, they wouldn't even allow toy or plastic weapons onboard. So they might not let you bring the plastic sword. Lots of folks planning to be pirates had their swords taken at embarkation and were complaining about it. :)

Archived