1st timers on rcl

What about nice shorts on the Allure in the MDR?

Not usually but I have seen shorts on men in the MDR on non-formal nights.

Yes, but only with a tank top, baseball cap, and flip flops.

funny. :p

BTW I was on the Mariner and did see several nights younger men (20ish) in the MDR with shorts, tshirt and ball cap on. Several years ago on the AOS I saw men in shorts quite frequently in the MDR on non-formal nights. Go figure!

Thanks for the response. The shorts request was for DH. He has very expensive golf shorts and wanted to wear with a polo but I will make sure he wears khaki's instead.

Thanks.

Thanks for the response. The shorts request was for DH. He has very expensive golf shorts and wanted to wear with a polo but I will make sure he wears khaki's instead.

Thanks.

The golf shorts/polo would look great at lunch. On sea days lunch in the MDR has (on the ships we've been on, anyway) an amazing salad bar where they will make you the salad of a lifetime!

There is no such thing as "dress" jeans

Oh yes there is... All you have to do is check the price tag on some of them. I have seen some of them costing more than a suit.... :eek:

There are many, many, many opinions on how one should dress on formal night. To read through a recent thread with literally 25 pages of opinions clicke here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1863219

Take everyone's opinion, including my own, with a grain of salt, look at RCI's dress code policy (http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=255&faqSubjectId=334), and decide for yourself.

You can wear a nice pair of dark denim fitted jeans with a jacket and dress shirt. Jeans have come a long way and can be dressed up the same way as dress pants. I think this is a great option for non formal nights as long as it is done properly.

Oh yes there is... All you have to do is check the price tag on some of them. I have seen some of them costing more than a suit.... :eek:

So, you're saying its fine as long as the price tag is left in full view so that people know how expensive they are? I personally feel that jeans are way too heavy for the Caribbean and most other places especially in the summer.

It doesn't matter if the cost $ 500.00 they are still a pair of jeans and are not dress slacks... If I wore a pair of speedos on formal night that cost $ 300.00 am I properly dressed?

Archived