Going on my 1st Cruise & I have questions

bigshaun

I too am going solo on the Elation for my first cruise. I was originally going in the 7th, but finally booked for September 21. I've never had a message before and was thinking of booking one in the spa, but they seem kinda expensive, and I'm not sure if guys usually get those. Anyone have input on whether they feel they're worth it?

If you do use a debit card make sure you have enough in your account to cover any holds. Sometimes it can take up to a week after the cruise for them to drop off.

ktstoney--

Spa services on the ship are going to be more expensive than on land. There are usually specials on seadays. Look on the Ports of Call boards for recommendations for massages in port.

Okay, so I have another quick question. I am a 35 year old guy and I'm single. Are there usually any single ladies on these cruises? And how do I go about meeting them? Just wondering.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...

You can get a massage in port at progresso or Cozumel for a lot cheaper than on ship. You can get the price down from what they originally offer it for.

Bigshaun I would suggest you join the roll call for your cruise. You can meet people prior to your cruise. Do as much or as little as you feel like it as you are on vacation :)

I entered all of the below before it dawned on me you sailed 9/7! I'm leaving all the following in case it helps someone else!

We all want to know how it went???

The daily activities will be in the Fun Times. You might be handed one when you board or you can go to the Guest Services desk and there will be a stack there. The last page is like a 1/3 page and is perforated so you can tear it off and not have to carry the whole thing around with you.

Going to activities like trivia is one way to meet people. They make teams sometimes. You become someones friend really quickly! Sail away party on Lido at sail away usually ahs some good music and hopefully dancing. At night plenty of venues to dance, meet others.

The Singles meeting in the Fun Times is usually not attended well, if at all.

Serenity area will fill up fast, especially on sea day. Hot tub is another place to meet folks.

You can go the the dining room about 1:30 just after embarkation and find out what mix of people are seated with you if you signed up for assigned early or late. If there are a good number of solos it's likely they will be seated together.

You have to ask for ice now a days. The steward will keep it filled twice a day once he knows you want it.

Cozumel Bar Hop is a blast--you go to 4 bars on the other side of the island. You get a free shot then buy what drinks you want, they aren't expensive, or food. Beautiful beaches and lots of people to talk to. Guides are great people...I've done it 4 times.

Don't try to do everything. As a solo you do what you want when you want!

Have a blast and make sure you tell us how it went!

Didn't get to go. Had issues with getting Travel pass from Parole office. Kind of really mad about it, which is why I haven't been on the board lately. I'm gonna try and go on one next year when im off parole.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

I'm totally amazed you came back and gave an update....seeing your question about single women was AFTER your "cruise" had been and gone......but it's been an interesting read!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

I'm totally amazed you came back and gave an update....seeing your question about single women was AFTER your "cruise" had been and gone......but it's been an interesting read!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

I think his cruise was supposed to be either August or September 7 and he posted that question on July 15.

I cruised on the Elation in 2011 with some friends. I had a great time. The dance club is a great place to hang out and meet new people if that's your thing....if not there are plenty of other places to meet your fellow cruisers.

Enjoy your cruise and I'm sure it won't be your last!!!!

Archived