Day beach passes hawaiin islands hotels

MJB1437

Cruising in November and wonder if any hotels have day beach passes on Hilo, Kona, Lahaina and Honolulu

If I remember correctly all beaches in Hawaii are open to the public.

If not there are many public beaches on the islands as well. Keep in mind that Hilo doesn't have many sand beaches.

All beaches in Hawaii are open to the public. On Waikiki you can rent chairs and umbrellas - not sure about the others, but a trip to an ABC store for inexpensive beach mats and towels from the ship work great if you are renting a car and stopping at various beaches on the islands. Enjoy!

Beaches in Hawaii are public. But, that does not mean you can make free use of facilities provided by a hotel for it's guests (cabanas, beach chairs, etc,) Some will have a rental counter where you can pay to use their things. This is one of my issues I have with cruisers to some other places (like Grand Cayman). If don't or can't pay for it, don't use it. (rant off).

That being said, outside of Honolulu, many of the beaches in resort areas with hotels around them have VERRRRRRRY limited parking. They must allow public access to the beach in front of their hotel, but they don't have to provide public parking spots for everyone who wants to visit the beach. On the Big Island, the best beaches are up the coast (IMHO). If you can, Kona Coast State Park is decent. Then, there's Waikoloa (the beach in front of the Marriott), Hapuna State Beach (amazing bodysurfing if the waves are good) and the Hapuna Prince Hotel (park at the State Beach lot), and Mauna Kea Hotel. The Mauna Kea has a good beach for both snorkeling and bodysurfing, but their gatehouse counts the number of public access people and won't let extras in until they are sure a spot is open.

Edited by slidergirl

• 8 months later...

I just did a web search on this topic.

Yes, there are a few, but often you need to just rent a room.

Some may be cost prohibitive, depending on your $ threshold.

Good luck & happy cruising!

OMG, just noticed the date of the original posting...LOL.

Edited by silvercrikhix