P & O secrets and top tips

rubydoobydoo

Thanks for the reply Rubydoobydoo,

People will just have to think I'm a rebel/odd not wearing black & white on the black tie night!

Last year was our 1st cruise & I remember one night thinking lots of people seemed to be looking at me, & realising it was the colour-thing! I didnt expect so many to observe it, especially as my friend who has been on many cruises & gave me lots of advice, hadn't mentioned the themes at all. Oh well :o it will happen again then. So if we haven't met by then, look out for the lady in a bright colour - it'll be me :D

Happy packing.

That is the great thing about Southampton you can take your own drinks and nibbles just incase there isn't enough food on the ship !

It is nice to have these before dinner on the balcony with some music, we take wireless speakers with us, not too loud we don't want to disturb anyone

Actually we have never had a balcony on P and O unless you count the one on A deck but our travelling companions have so we use theirs

Can you take a case of beer on with you if boarding at Southampton? I only ask because we would like to have these to drink in our cabin :confused:

Hi uk-ladies,

Yes you can. P&O are one of the few cruise lines to allow you to take alcohol on board. They say they reserve the right to confiscate it, but I think that's only if you roll up obviously drunk. We're off tomorrow on Azura & will be taking a little amount of alcohol with us, so we'll see if the system works! Hopefully we'll then be able to have the odd pre-dinner drink on our balcony, once we are far enough south to sit out there :)

Hi uk-ladies,

Yes you can. P&O are one of the few cruise lines to allow you to take alcohol on board. They say they reserve the right to confiscate it, but I think that's only if you roll up obviously drunk. We're off tomorrow on Azura & will be taking a little amount of alcohol with us, so we'll see if the system works! Hopefully we'll then be able to have the odd pre-dinner drink on our balcony, once we are far enough south to sit out there :)

Well I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise and thanks for the info regarding the beer!

Hi uk-ladies,

The odd drink, sounds to me as if you are not trying. Now every night between 5.30 and 6.00 is large G&T time in our cabin with the ice and lemon courtesy of our cabin steward. Sets you up for the night.

Gan Canny

Dai

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The odd drink, sounds to me as if you are not trying. Now every night between 5.30 and 6.00 is large G&T time in our cabin with the ice and lemon courtesy of our cabin steward. Sets you up for the night.

Gan Canny

Dai

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thats the spirit Dai

Micky and Mrs Micky:D

my friend just returned from cruise on azura,4 passengers put off for shoplifting, and one for drunkenness.

and I was assaulted by drunk last year .

beware there is no crime at sea ,

and those men in white uniforms, don't care

my friend just returned from cruise on azura,4 passengers put off for shoplifting, and one for drunkenness.

and I was assaulted by drunk last year .

beware there is no crime at sea ,

and those men in white uniforms, don't care

Just returned from Azura yesterday and was not aware of any trouble on our cruise

Horlicks is available from the buffet at night, you just have to ask and they make it for you

You can also ask in the buffet for sachets both Horlicks and Options drinking chocolate to take back to your cabin :)

That's good to know, I don't think I'd like to be seen drinking Horlicks in a public place! :)

DaiB,

I love your reply to me! We've just got back from our Canaries cruise.We took some gin, cans of tonic, Baileys-type liquer & apple Mickey Finns (like the sourz drinks.) I'd bought a set of 3 Rum Runners flasks, which were great & I told lots of people on board about them, so I reckon their sales are about to increase.

Anyway we enjoyed all the drinks - tho not at the same time! The fridge in the cabin has never been so useful.

Perhaps we'll increase the quantities for our next cruise.... here's hoping :)

Just had an idea last night. This could have said before. Anyway my idea is if you have an inside cabin. Any time of day or night it's pitch black. So my idea is to use a child's nightlight. A least you don't have keep the bathroom door open with the air extractor blowing.

We're back from our cruise on the Aurora and the nightlights worked a treat.