P & O secrets and top tips

rubydoobydoo

For me the good thing about an inside cabin is the pitch black, I even chuck something over the alarm clock to hide the light

The only thing is I have to set the alarm as I would sleep in too long :D

Same here but afraid DH would get to go to bathroom trip over something bump into something in the pitch dark, :eek: the air would be blue I would waken put on the light etc etc.

Enjoying this thread very much. great everyone pooling ideas.

Mags

Same here but afraid DH would get to go to bathroom trip over something bump into something in the pitch dark, :eek: the air would be blue I would waken put on the light etc etc.

Enjoying this thread very much. great everyone pooling ideas.

Mags

If you need a little light on in an inside cabin, just leave the bathroom light on with the door slightly ajar.

After coming off Ventura in Spring- which I shall write about in another thread - I became increasingly aware of these large pegs that hold towels etc in place. So I bought some! I'm not sure if I can mention the website ... www.mega-pegs.co.uk - Wonderful and practical I use them for many things namely my next cruise on the 11th Ventura again.. cheapest I found.

I got mine from my local Lakeland store and they were only £2.99!!

Did I mention that I look at the P and O website to determine what is the dress code for each night in advance then I plan my wardrobe in my head so I know what I am wearing each night

Then I pack the rest if my wardrobe just incase, and end up wearing nothing I planned to :D

Seriously though I only recently discovered the wealth of information on the P and O site, it really is worth checking out the questions section

I looked at the dress code info on p&o 's site yesterday as someone kindly pointed me in the right direction , I'd added a post asking about dress codes as although this will be our 5th cruise it's first with p&o , didn't realise it showed each cruise and details of every night and what to wear , very handy.

Only had one reply to my post though , was very helpful but was hoping some fellow females would reply with a bit of dress info ;-)

I added a post about cabins too but not many replies (again one i think :-( )

hi we are going on our first cruise in a weeks time.

What is the chocolate event some people have mentioned.

The queue for it on the Ventura was unbelievable so decided not to wait. Couldn't trust myself not to go berserk, haha.

I am lead to believe there are chocolate fountains:cool:

hi we are going on our first cruise in a weeks time.

What is the chocolate event some people have mentioned.

Its the chocoholics that takes place around 3:30pm one afternoon but only on cruises of 8 nights or longer. Its a spread of chocolate cakes, pastries etc.

Brian

I looked at the dress code info on p&o 's site yesterday as someone kindly pointed me in the right direction , I'd added a post asking about dress codes as although this will be our 5th cruise it's first with p&o , didn't realise it showed each cruise and details of every night and what to wear , very handy.

Only had one reply to my post though , was very helpful but was hoping some fellow females would reply with a bit of dress info ;-)

I added a post about cabins too but not many replies (again one i think :-( )

I checked out the dress code for my recent cruise and made a list of the clothes I was going to wear and stuck to it but unfortunately they swapped the black/white night round and I hadn't read the horizon so I turned up in a coloured dress on black and white night. I wondered why people were looking at me. So a word of warning and check the horizon for the dress code of the day incase it has been swapped around.

I checked out the dress code for my recent cruise and made a list of the clothes I was going to wear and stuck to it but unfortunately they swapped the black/white night round and I hadn't read the horizon so I turned up in a coloured dress on black and white night. I wondered why people were looking at me. So a word of warning and check the horizon for the dress code of the day incase it has been swapped around.

Looking at your name I bet you love BLACK & WHITE night.

Good point! I'm wondering why there isn't a claret & blue night! ;)

Ha ha,where would it all end.I'll stick with black & white night being a toon fan.

Not that I'm a football shirt wearing type,theres nothin worse than seeing people in football shirts on a cruise ship

The dress code guides seem to be pretty flexible at times. Did a 4 nighter on Arcadia recently, guide said that the 2nd night would be a formal night but, as is turned out, we didn't have it until the final evening. I was quite surprised as I have never known a formal on the last night before. It was a bit of a pain regarding packing and the knowledge that we had to be up early to disembark the next morning. If I considered formal night to be an important part of my cruise I would have been pretty cross ! Luckily I'm not that bothered either way but there were a few who were a little peeved.

Hi Rubydoobydoo,

I've just got around to checking the FAQs for the dress codes for each night of our cruise, with you, to the Canaries in 6 days time! Thanks for the link. I'd originally thought people who'd mentioned it meant how many formal & casual nights there'll be. I didn't realise it gives the actual dress code for every night of the entire cruise! :) But it's great - tho I take the point that it could change as some one mentioned, & will still check Horizon.

Anyway we'll be at sea on my birthday & it says black tie that evening. It will be great to be all dressed up that night to make us feel more special. Also I can now think a bit about what to wear when, as the first & last couple of days will be cool weather, whereas hopefully it will be hot in the middle. I've already chosen the clothes I'm taking for the black tie & smart nights. I wont make a whole plan as it seems a bit too rigid to me - but just a rough idea!

On your previous cruises, do most people stick to the black & white theme? My black tie/cocktail dresses aren't black or white as I prefer to wear colours & I like to be different from most ladies - who always stick to black & white for special events! Boring.... :p

Hi

The majority wear black and white but not all, and I have worn trousers and a black and white top before instead of a dress

Wear what you are comfortable in and whatever colour you like

I am looking forward to tropical and 60,s night , if the weather is good they should be outside on deck

See you there

Lol. We are actaully on a P&O cruise on Sun 27th Oct. Hope its black and white night that night. On second thoughts if things go wrong I could end up hiding in my cabin.

Hopefully we will get the new manager syndrome again.:D Have a lovely cruise, I wish I was going on one in the near future but unfortunately I have to wait until next august.:mad: