You Decide! Where do you want the new Carnival Vista to be homeported?

Where do you want the new Carnival Vista to be homeported?  

955 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want the new Carnival Vista to be homeported?

• Barbados
    • Charleston
    • Fort Lauderdale
    • Galveston
    • Jacksonvile
    • Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • New Orleans
    • New York
    • Port Canaveral
    • San Juan
    • Tampa
    • Other (My Choice is Not Listed Here)

Carnival has an over capacity of ships in NA now. They would be nuts not to jump into the Asia market.

I see nothing that they would do that with their newest ship. They also seem pretty committed with other brands in that area.

I see nothing that they would do that with their newest ship. They also seem pretty committed with other brands in that area.

I didn't mean to say that they would send Vista to Asia, but I think they'd be missing a huge opportunity if they didn't at least test the waters with something over there. RCI is sending Quantum over to Asia after a short NA debut, though, so Asia is definitely on the cruise lines radar. The Chinese in particular are fast joining the ranks of "money to burn" newly wealthy.

And if you've never been to Hong Kong, it's a must see. Just keep in mind that they've had two horrendous Jetfoil fast ferry crashes in the last year, so be careful how you pick your rides. :)

Edited by EZ4

I didn't mean to say that they would send Vista to Asia, but I think they'd be missing a huge opportunity if they didn't at least test the waters with something over there. RCI is sending Quantum over to Asia after a short NA debut, though, so Asia is definitely on the cruise lines radar. The Chinese in particular are fast joining the ranks of "money to burn" newly wealthy.

And if you've never been to Hong Kong, it's a must see. Just keep in mind that they've had two horrendous Jetfoil fast ferry crashes in the last year, so be careful how you pick your rides. :)

I think carnival corp wants to focus CCL only in the North American market as well as English speaking markets. Then build their other brands up in Asia. They are currently doing this with Costa and princess i believe.

Is on our bucket list (not the ferry stuff). As a corporation, I would agree there will be a significant push in the are?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think carnival corp wants to focus CCL only in the North American market as well as English speaking markets. Then build their other brands up in Asia. They are currently doing this with Costa and princess i believe.

Carnival Corporation wants to keep Carnival Cruise Lines in North America and out of Europe and emerging markets, such as Asia. However, Carnival Australia does have some itineraries with ports of call in Asia. As the brand ambassador shared today in his blog, it is the cost of airfare that Carnival's target demographic is not able to either justify or afford. With the result being deeply discounted cruise fares, Europe is not a profitable region for Carnival Cruise Lines. That is the reason they pulled out, not because of the lack of an English speaking culture. If that was an issue for Carnival, they would not have San Juan as a port of embarkation.

As you stated, Carnival Corporation has ships calling in the Far East. However, Costa only has one itinerary. Princess is expanding their Asia cruises, as well as their Australia cruises. Cunard has over 30 Asian itineraries, Seabourn P&O Australia have a couple, with Holland America having an expansive portfolio of available cruises in that region. AIDA is also starting to sail there.

• 4 weeks later...

Personal preference aside, doesn't Miami make the most sense realistically? The Breeze is currently their flagship and it is in Miami. Once the Vista is ready, I think they will just move the Breeze somewhere else and replace it with the Vista.

Edited by Pete C

• 1 month later...
I saw that someone posted on JH's fb page today, that they saw in the NY Daily News, Vista will or may {I don't remember which word they used} be home ported in NY.

I did a search on the Daily News website and can't find anything about it.

Has anyone else seen the article?

I haven't seen the article but I heard a few months ago from a good source that it will initially be in NY, and its height was set so it can make it under the bridges.

I haven't seen the article but I heard a few months ago from a good source that it will initially be in NY, and its height was set so it can make it under the bridges.

If it does go to New York, let's just hope for Carnival's sake that it isn't a repeat of the Carnival Dream's gangway debacle. As it's only going to be about 5,000 or so tons larger than the Breeze and nearly all of Carnival's new builds have followed the Carnival Destiny's form factor, it's reasonable to assume that unless Carnival finally decides to do something different, this has the potential to happen again.

Edited by Disconnections

I do hope they bring the Vista to New York and keep it there. I loved having the Splendor in NYC and have not yet forgiven Carnival for pulling her out for this winter season. :mad: Big Mistake !!! My next cruise (this winter) is on NCL Breakaway instead of the Splendor. Carnival's loss. NCL gains a new cruiser. ;)

I do hope they bring the Vista to New York and keep it there. I loved having the Splendor in NYC and have not yet forgiven Carnival for pulling her out for this winter season. :mad: Big Mistake !!! My next cruise (this winter) is on NCL Breakaway instead of the Splendor. Carnival's loss. NCL gains a new cruiser. ;)

You shouldnt take it personally. They moved for financial reasons. Getting $299 pp for a week long cruise in the winter wasnt appealing.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I actually think it may have a short visit to NY then be home ported in Miami. Then, several ships will be repositioned including the Breeze, Dream and Magic.

I really do hope ONE of those ships get home ported year round in New York. Carnival really needs to do that or they lose their customers to other cruise lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really do hope ONE of those ships get home ported year round in New York. Carnival really needs to do that or they lose their customers to other cruise lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We went on the slpendor last September out of NYC. Love having a carnival ship only 2 hours away.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app