Regent going in the wrong direction

Wendy - I like your song.

This is a place to talk ship. That means on vacation. I gave up accounting as a profession a while ago and the only math I want to do is convert my dollars to Euro to go shopping. I figure out how much I have paid for cruise fare or do a spreasheet to track to tours and ports.

I don't care if the investors have gained or lost money. I care that I am being charged more for less.

Or perhaps this will: The shortest chapter in any book is the accounting textbook chapter on "Taste Accounting," which consists of just this one sentence:

"As everyone knows, there is no accounting for taste."

funny26, Bottom line I would invest in PCH. The other posters find our civil discussion objectionable so I guess I'll let it go. I find it interesting, however, if others have a back and forth on a subject of interest to them; they keep going until finished.

Newlondon. I agree. Nothing wrong with this topic at all. Many are not interested but some are, so what's the problem with discussing this? It's something different, something other than boring dress codes or other endlessly discussed topics.

funny26, Bottom line I would invest in PCH. The other posters find our civil discussion objectionable so I guess I'll let it go. I find it interesting, however, if others have a back and forth on a subject of interest to them; they keep going until finished.

I don't think anyone has found it objectionable at all. I just can't follow that stuff, so I don't try to.

Aloha New London,

I agree that there was nothing wrong with the questions asked about Regent's financials and the brief discussion that followed even though many seem to dislike it intensely; however, one huge benefit of this discussion is that it put a temporary end to posters calling each other names and posting petty comments, so perhaps we should meet on the Regent forum once a week for a brief discussion of amortization if it might serve to make the forum a bit more civil!

Aloha from Hanalei,

Mark

Aloha New London,

I agree that there was nothing wrong with the questions asked about Regent's financials and the brief discussion that followed even though many seem to dislike it intensely; however, one huge benefit of this discussion is that it put a temporary end to posters calling each other names and posting petty comments, so perhaps we should meet on the Regent forum once a week for a brief discussion of amortization if it might serve to make the forum a bit more civil!

Aloha from Hanalei,

Mark

Perhaps you can start a Regent forum where all of you can discuss this.

BTW, no one calls each other names on the Regent board. They just make snarky remarks:)

Archived