room service breakfast - who gets what

trub

i am a bit confused and sure you good people on CC can help.

on the breakfast rom service sheet how do they plate up, as it were, or do they just deliver it all and you help yourself?

e.g. 1 fried egg, 1 scrambled

1 bacon, 1 sausage

1 waffle, 1 tomatoes

2 fruit , 1 toast etc etc

hope you understand the question,

thanks as always

The only confusion we ever encountered as to 'who got what' was if one of us wanted a side of turkey bacon and the other wanted a slice of breakfast ham with their eggs. Sometimes they would be on the wrong plate so we would just swap.

Toast comes wrapped in a napkin in a bread basket so take what you want from the basket. Same for bagel, muffin. Berries, fruit etc all come in their own dish. Take which you ordered.

Be sure to indicate everything you want and don't assume they will bring butter because you ordered toast. If you want cream for your coffee, write it.

Breakfast Room Service on HAL is wonderful.

Not too sure if this a joke but I will take the bait and reply ! The eggs and sausage and bacon and tomato will be on one plate , the fruit will be in a bowl and the toast will be on another plate with the marmalade or jam and butter !!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

it was n ot a joke but if :

1 person wants scrambled egg bacon 2 sausage , beans , tomatoes

2nd perosn wants 2 fried eggs , 2 bacon tomatoes, mushrooms

how do hey know what to put on what plate

it was n ot a joke but if :

1 person wants scrambled egg bacon 2 sausage , beans , tomatoes

2nd person wants 2 fried eggs , 2 bacon tomatoes, mushrooms

how do hey know what to put on what plate

i do realise that the fruit and toast will be seperate

I think I see were you are coming from ! If you order 2 sausage , 2 bacon 1 egg you will get bacon and sausage on one plate and sausage bacon and egg on another . you have successfully made the simplest thing in the world , a room service breakfast , a university degree course !!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Haribofan, it's not a simple as you make it out to be, and there is no need to be rude about it. Perhaps we order for one of us: two scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, one slice of ham, and hash brown potatoes. The other of us wants one scrambled egg, regular bacon, two slices of ham, and home fries. The question is, how will that be plated since there is no way to indicate which person wants what.

We always order room service breakfast, and yes we do have to re arrange items...we are just grateful that they come! One challenge is deciding which omlette is the egg beater one...they both seem to look alike.:eek:

Our most memorable waiter was on the Eurodam Quebec to FT Lauderdale in 2009. His name was "Burt" they called him Burt Reynolds, and he sang each morning for us...he made breakfast very special.:)

Karen

thanks for your replies, i guess order what you want and sort it out when it arrives - no problem there, looking forward to sitting on my balcony .......:)

When we used to order breakfast, the different eggs were on separate plates, the bacon and sausages came on separate plates. The waffle will also come on a separate plate. Fruit was in a bowl. Toast wrapped -- you must indicate how many butters you want.

Have never dealt with beans and tomatoes.

When I fill out the menu, I identify with "#1" and "#2" ... so scrambled egg, bacon, toast get at "#1" and the Over Med egg, sausage, danish, hashbrowns get a "#2" instead of a check mark... They do a pretty good job of figuring that out. And yes, make sure to request butter and jelly - many other things can be written on the paper - you are not limited to just checking the boxes.

We almost always order Room Service breakfast on port days. When the guy brings it, he will knock on the door - it has been a pretty good wake-up call several times.

I have to tell a funny story....and it's on me! We ordered in-room breakfast on our recent Maasdam Canada/New England cruise. We had a early shore excursion in Bar Harbor and we ordered the breakfast for 6:30am.

Our home is in the Central Time Zone, and I'm always too lazy to reset my watch to the ship's time, and pride myself on making the 'adjustment' in my head.

Well, I woke up well ahead of time and made sure I was present-able for the room service steward. As 6:30 came and went on my watch, I became concerned that maybe we wrote the delivery time down wrong the night before. I finally called guest services and inquired about our breakfast delivery. When I told the representative that we had requested a 6:30 delivery time, the person 'kindly' reminded me that it was only 5:45 AM!

And, yes, our breakfast was delivered on time......the ship's time, that is!

I have to tell a funny story....and it's on me! We ordered in-room breakfast on our recent Maasdam Canada/New England cruise. We had a early shore excursion in Bar Harbor and we ordered the breakfast for 6:30am.

Our home is in the Central Time Zone, and I'm always too lazy to reset my watch to the ship's time, and pride myself on making the 'adjustment' in my head.

Well, I woke up well ahead of time and made sure I was present-able for the room service steward. As 6:30 came and went on my watch, I became concerned that maybe we wrote the delivery time down wrong the night before. I finally called guest services and inquired about our breakfast delivery. When I told the representative that we had requested a 6:30 delivery time, the person 'kindly' reminded me that it was only 5:45 AM!

Oooooops. Want to reconsider that story? Ships time would have been ahead of Central time, not behind. If your watch was set to Central time and said 6:30, ship's time would have been at least 7:30.

I love your story.

It could happen to anyone.

Somehow we have always managed to eat room service breakfast with absolutely no problem. Separate rs plating for separate items and we each fill our own egg plates with our sides. Let's not over think every minute detail of a cruise to find solutions to problems that don't exist or if they do are easily solved.

One woman posted one time that she pinned a day of the week on each of her dinner outfits according to the days she was told on CC would be formal or smart casual nights. Wanted to know what to do if a Monday planned formal night was switched to Tuesday. She already had Monday pinned on that dress and probably would be too upset at the change in plans to switch dresses. Another person read all the menus on CC and wrote down before the cruise exactly what she would order each night and didn't want to read a menu and get confused as to what to order. But what if the menus changed; she could be ordering something no longer served in the MDR cause she would be reading from her pre-written list of what to eat each night. What if they couldn't serve her what she had decided on months before? You just can't make this stuff up.

When I fill out the menu, I identify with "#1" and "#2" ... so scrambled egg, bacon, toast get at "#1" and the Over Med egg, sausage, danish, hashbrowns get a "#2" instead of a check mark... They do a pretty good job of figuring that out. And yes, make sure to request butter and jelly - many other things can be written on the paper - you are not limited to just checking the boxes.

We almost always order Room Service breakfast on port days. When the guy brings it, he will knock on the door - it has been a pretty good wake-up call several times.

Some of the ships have a new breakfast order form -- no boxes.

Check out Crew News:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Room-Service-Breakfast-Menu.pdf

Be sure to indicate the number of people dining, and then write in your order.

You could also call room service and verbally tell them how you would like the order delivered. That way there would be no misunderstanding.

We have ordered a full breakfast a couple of time but frankly I can't remember exactly how it was served, but for us it wouldn't be a problem ... we'd just swap around. As long as we get everything, it's not a problem for us! :D But, mostly we just order coffee, juice and fruit ... sometimes a muffin or something .... just to 'wake up' with and then we'll go for breakfast after lounging around, reading, showering etc. ... yes, we eat a lot on cruises, LOL! :D I just love having something out on the balcony when we first get up. But, as others have said, make sure you write EVERYTHING down you want and don't assume .... they don't know, they just follow what is written down. The only complaint I've ever had and it's on ALL cruise lines is they never give us enough cream! I always write in BIG LETTERS .... EXTRA, EXTRA CREAM PLEASE!! Sometimes we get it, sometimes we don't ... oh well ... it's a vacation, we just 'go with the flow'! Enjoy and Happy Sailing! :)

Somehow we have always managed to eat room service breakfast with absolutely no problem. Separate rs plating for separate items and we each fill our own egg plates with our sides. Let's not over think every minute detail of a cruise to find solutions to problems that don't exist or if they do are easily solved.

One woman posted one time that she pinned a day of the week on each of her dinner outfits according to the days she was told on CC would be formal or smart casual nights. Wanted to know what to do if a Monday planned formal night was switched to Tuesday. She already had Monday pinned on that dress and probably would be too upset at the change in plans to switch dresses. Another person read all the menus on CC and wrote down before the cruise exactly what she would order each night and didn't want to read a menu and get confused as to what to order. But what if the menus changed; she could be ordering something no longer served in the MDR cause she would be reading from her pre-written list of what to eat each night. What if they couldn't serve her what she had decided on months before? You just can't make this stuff up.

Oh my........ ROFL and shaking my head in amazement. :D No.... you cannot make this stuff up. :)

Everyone: :D

If you wanted the turkey bacon but it came on the plate with DH's scrambled eggs' date=' can't you just remove it from his plate, put it on your plate with your omelette and give DH the ham slice he ordered that came on your plate? Easy. Problem solved.

[/b']

Oh my........ ROFL and shaking my head in amazement. :D No.... you cannot make this stuff up. :)

Everyone: :D

If you wanted the turkey bacon but it came on the plate with DH's scrambled eggs, can't you just remove it from his plate, put it on your plate with your omelette and give DH the ham slice he ordered that came on your plate? Easy. Problem solved.

That sounds tricky. Is this a scam? ;)

Oooooops. Want to reconsider that story? Ships time would have been ahead of Central time, not behind. If your watch was set to Central time and said 6:30, ship's time would have been at least 7:30.

Now I remember that I consulted my cell phone rather than my watch when I was waiting on room service. Not realizing that it had switched to Bar Harbor time (Eastern), I thought I was still looking at Central Time. Doing my mental 'adjustment' I was adding an hour to what my cell was reporting and wondering where the steward was!

Archived