Dorian

CurlyQ132

Keep your eye on Carnival.com and the John Heald Facebook page. Make sure your current email is on their file as well.

And don't forget to check your spam folder along the way.

Will Carnival give you a heads up before hand if the itinerary has changed? This way you can plan for the new stops.

I check the National Hurricane site every morning...from what I see unless a miracle occurs the weather will be absolutely lousy in the Bahamas and Turks & Caicos next week... what a great way to spend my one week per year vacation! ... BLECH! :(

Will Carnival give you a heads up before hand if the itinerary has changed? This way you can plan for the new stops.

They are very coy, cause an itineray change can prompt a cancellation with a full refund if done within a certain amount of hours, with restrictions (read their latest "contract").

So, therefore, sometimes, it's not until you are actually onboard. Ports are NEVER guaranteed. But at the same time, they don't want to disappoint (see: Splendor cruise to nowhere during the last Swine FLu outbreak)

I'm watching the weather forecasts too since I'm leaving on Sunday and I'm ok with everything as long as that Splendor ship does not go north to Canada. As long as it's sailing down to the Caribbean then I don't care where we go in the Caribbean. :cool:

I will continue to pray though. :o

I'm watching the weather forecasts too since I'm leaving on Sunday and I'm ok with everything as long as that Splendor ship does not go north to Canada. As long as it's sailing down to the Caribbean then I don't care where we go in the Caribbean. :cool:

I will continue to pray though. :o

At least there's the option of the Bahamas. Certainly no trade-off, but better than going to Canada or Atlantis.

They are very coy, cause an itineray change can prompt a cancellation with a full refund if done within a certain amount of hours, with restrictions (read their latest "contract").

So, therefore, sometimes, it's not until you are actually onboard. Ports are NEVER guaranteed. But at the same time, they don't want to disappoint (see: Splendor cruise to nowhere during the last Swine FLu outbreak)

Thanks. I actually don't care what stops we make as long as they take us to a hot sunny place. Nasty weather is the only thing that will disappoint us.

Our three stops next week are Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau... all of them in the path of Dorian... Would love to know where the captain could take us instead...

Our three stops next week are Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau... all of them in the path of Dorian... Would love to know where the captain could take us instead...

I would guess some western stops may be your option. I have no clue which specific ports, but if you look at some western Caribbean itinerary, you might get a good idea. Don't worry, the captain's job is to avoid storms due to 1. crew and passenger safety, and 2. to make the trip as enjoyable as possible for guests. You may have a day of rough seas to get through, but I'm pretty confident that the majority of your vacation will not be ruined.

Good luck!

Oh No! We are going to the Bahamas next week too. I thought hurricane season was supposed to be in the fall. This will be our grandsons first cruise, so I hope it isn't a rough cruise for him. We are really looking forward to Little Stirrup Cay but it requires a tender. Hope that isn't jeopardized!

I would guess some western stops may be your option. I have no clue which specific ports, but if you look at some western Caribbean itinerary, you might get a good idea. Don't worry, the captain's job is to avoid storms due to 1. crew and passenger safety, and 2. to make the trip as enjoyable as possible for guests. You may have a day of rough seas to get through, but I'm pretty confident that the majority of your vacation will not be ruined.

Good luck!

Thanks. Sounds good to me.

Oh No! We are going to the Bahamas next week too. I thought hurricane season was supposed to be in the fall. This will be our grandsons first cruise, so I hope it isn't a rough cruise for him. We are really looking forward to Little Stirrup Cay but it requires a tender. Hope that isn't jeopardized!

I believe we are on the same cruise!! Ecstasy, leaving Monday? Should be interesting. And hurricane season runs June 1 through November 30, with the peak being in September!

How old is your grandson? He might actually like the rough seas, if we have them....and we probably will!

I'm hoping Little Stirrup Cay isn't cancelled either, but we are prepared for anything!:)

Good luck!

We leave from New York City and unless the ship sprouted wings a Western itinerary would not be possible.... maybe I'm wrong??

We leave from New York City and unless the ship sprouted wings a Western itinerary would not be possible.... maybe I'm wrong??

I am OP. We are leaving from Miami on Carnival Breeze Sunday. Stops are Grand Turk, Jamaica and Nassau. We don't need wings to go on the Western Itinerary!

I'm sorry, my mistake, I didn't even look at your departure. Was assuming Florida. I'm guessing if it is deemed unsafe to travel to Bahamas area, they might skip ports all together and refund your taxes and give a little OBC as compensation. Just a guess.

I'm sorry, my mistake, I didn't even look at your departure. Was assuming Florida. I'm guessing if it is deemed unsafe to travel to Bahamas area, they might skip ports all together and refund your taxes and give a little OBC as compensation. Just a guess.

No problem. Thank you. :)

The Dream is also on a Direct path with Dorian... :eek:

Leaving Saturday. Sunday Nassau. Monday at sea -- then....

Tuesday PUERTO RICO... Wed St Thomas Thur Grand Turk Fri Sea and Sat PC.

Hmmm, it will be interesting to see how our cruise path changes....

We may see Jamaica :D Cuba???? Maybe we will luck out and skip Nassau to get around the storm... I doubt we are that lucky :cool:

Ok guys What do you think will happen with my cruise. We leave on Wed july 30th out of charleston. Looks like the storm will be hitting the bahamas right around the aug 1st or 2nd. Accuweather says there is a good chance the storm turns at that point and heads up the east coast. Our cruise would be trough much of the storm. Would carnival cancel the sailing worse case?

Ok guys What do you think will happen with my cruise. We leave on Wed july 30th out of charleston. Looks like the storm will be hitting the bahamas right around the aug 1st or 2nd. Accuweather says there is a good chance the storm turns at that point and heads up the east coast. Our cruise would be trough much of the storm. Would carnival cancel the sailing worse case?

It's not a hurricane. The ship will likely travel more on the east side for a ways. Locate barf bags though.

Archived