Dorian

CurlyQ132

Oh No! We are going to the Bahamas next week too. I thought hurricane season was supposed to be in the fall. This will be our grandsons first cruise, so I hope it isn't a rough cruise for him. We are really looking forward to Little Stirrup Cay but it requires a tender. Hope that isn't jeopardized!

Hurricane season is June 1 through November 30. I am sure your grandson will enjoy his cruise no matter what the itinerary!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

8/3 Dream here (Western Carib).

I wonder if the route to Cozumel will have to change.... I guess it depends on if/when this storm decides to turn to the north.

Should be an interesting ride; I hope those in the Eastern Carib make it through with little or no damage.

8/3 Dream here (Western Carib).

I wonder if the route to Cozumel will have to change.... I guess it depends on if/when this storm decides to turn to the north.

Should be an interesting ride; I hope those in the Eastern Carib make it through with little or no damage.

We're going on that one too! This is our first b2b...first leg on Ecstasy, then hop over to the Dream, which will be our first platinum cruise, and our first suite, thanks to the elusive upgrade/upsell fairy!:)

And this is the first time we have booked a cruise, much less two, during hurricane season...lots of firsts!

CurlyQ, any decision by the Captain/Carnival won't be made until the very last minute. These storms sometimes have a mind of their own and don't pay attention to NHC forecasts.

Carnival will want to be fairly certain of the storm's direction before announcing itinerary changes.

Based on current models shown below, I would think that GT and the Leewards don't look promising. Bahamas might be OK.

But remember things can change.

at201304_model.gif

I'll be cruising on Splendor on Sunday too and want to know how I can keep up with any changes Carnival may make?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If there are any changes to your cruise they will be posted on Carnival . com

They will be posted on Carnivals page on face book as well as John Healds page

IF Carnival has your email address they will send you an email.

IF you sign up for “text alerts” located under “manage my cruise” they will send you a text.

If changes are made after you board they will put a letter in your cabin and make an announcement on board.

Usually Carnival waits until the last possible moment to make any changes.

This one is a little harder to predict although right now Jax is favoring it staying on a westerly course, the most important factor will be Florida's weekend weather and the high pressure coming that may help keep it pushed on a westerly course. I sure hope so because we have been drenched for the last 2 weeks.

728_410_130725192532.jpg

Oh No! We are going to the Bahamas next week too. I thought hurricane season was supposed to be in the fall. This will be our grandsons first cruise, so I hope it isn't a rough cruise for him. We are really looking forward to Little Stirrup Cay but it requires a tender. Hope that isn't jeopardized!

June thru November

Our three stops next week are Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau... all of them in the path of Dorian... Would love to know where the captain could take us instead...

On two of our previous cruises, we wound up cruising around Cuba

keystonemama, no offense but I would prefer it stay out of the Gulf. It's only rained twice here lately. The first time for 20 days and the second time for 15 days!

Lol, yeah, my son is wanting to travel to Sarasota with friends next week before college starts, we are sort of wishing it will go maybe Texas way, surely they can always use some rain! :D

Told my hubby pretty soon I am going to have to order one of

these. :p:D

1003974_549797058399241_1623207486_n.jpg

We are leaving on our Make-A-Wish trip on Sunday. My guy has had a rough year. Hopefully he wont have rough seas to go along with it. Sitting here almost in tears that we wont get to the Bahamas, especially Half Moon Cay.

Aplmac - are you trying to comfort or scare?
Neither.

I try to be scientifically factual and accurate.

If you choose to be scared or comforted, that's up to the individual!

Look at the graphics presented by NHC and NOAA

and make your own deduction as to how monumental this tiny TS is

or if it's turning out to be little more than a Chantal v. 2.0

The New One......is that Dorian? And this far out....cannot tell what they will be until they hit the cooler waters of the Atlanic.

As a Floridian....We have been told..NEXT week end..First Week end of August will effects be felt.

It could go to the Gulf..if it makes that turn. It could beat itself out on the Mtns. Of Cuba. It could get in the Gulf and be a heck raiser...Tampa...affected. that is Hurricane Alley.

Or..Not make the turn..come up the East Coast. Depending on Winds from the mainland.may stay out to sea...Winds not strong..may come ashore. May be blown into the Atlantic and damage Bermuda. may slide along the Florida Coast and hit North Carolina. May stay out to sea...and not hit until New York.

I would bet..........The Gulf.

We are leaving on our Make-A-Wish trip on Sunday. My guy has had a rough year. Hopefully he wont have rough seas to go along with it. Sitting here almost in tears that we wont get to the Bahamas, especially Half Moon Cay.

No effects at all until Weds. then light. First weekend in august..delivery time.

I'll be on the Pride, too, finger. I have an excursion already booked for Disney World on Wednesday. Thinking about cancelling it.

The midday update out of Jax is still staying is looks like it will more than likely stay on a westerly course, Orlando should be fine on Wed, it will still be in the Caribbean then,once thru Cuba could dissipate or one model shows it slightly turning toward Tampa, we should know by Sunday hopefully the high pressure will keep it pushed out.

728_410_130726161015.jpg

470_265_130725192532.jpg

Archived