Dorian

CurlyQ132

No. There is an even newer one called Flossie that is out in the pacific.

The New One......is that Dorian? And this far out....cannot tell what they will be until they hit the cooler waters of the Atlanic.

As a Floridian....We have been told..NEXT week end..First Week end of August will effects be felt.

It could go to the Gulf..if it makes that turn. It could beat itself out on the Mtns. Of Cuba. It could get in the Gulf and be a heck raiser...Tampa...affected. that is Hurricane Alley.

Or..Not make the turn..come up the East Coast. Depending on Winds from the mainland.may stay out to sea...Winds not strong..may come ashore. May be blown into the Atlantic and damage Bermuda. may slide along the Florida Coast and hit North Carolina. May stay out to sea...and not hit until New York.

I would bet..........The Gulf.

No offense to those of you guys with Eastern Carribean or Bahamas plans, but I hope that the predicted westerly track turns out to be wrong! We're leaving out of Tampa on the Paradise on the 5th...

Evening update from Jax, this things going to fizzle out, well at least to the Gulf and like I thought, high pressure is on our side, but Miami/Keys could possible get a brush....

"If DORIAN survives the shear and dry air, it will be the first of the week before we know if it will succumb to the friction of the Major Antilles (mainly Hispaniola and Cuba). Global models indicate high pressure to the north should keep DORIAN on a westward track into the Gulf of Mexico by midweek.

Fortunately it is not expected to approach hurricane strength before reaching the Gulf of Mexico. The main concern next week is that it may pass far enough north of Hispaniola and Cuba to brush extreme south Florida before reaching the Gulf. Stay tuned!"

470_265_130726192640.jpg

Great, we are scheduled out of Galveston on Aug 4th. Hitting Coz, Roatan, and Belize. Should I go ahead and assume that we will be in for a modified trip?

Not yet, they think it will die out, but they can't say for sure yet, I have seen some die out then pick back up in the Gulf and re-organize when they take this path, hopefully its going to completely disorganize with all the factors it has got going against it. ;)

In another day or two, Dorian will not even be a tropical storm..

..losing strength fast, and breaking up!! Info from the weather channel....

in fact, if you look at the Atlantic satellite picture, Dorian is no where to be found!:)

It's still there, don't fool yourself.

Not lookin like much but hanging on, despite being surrounded by lots of dry air.

Dorian_-satell.jpg

keystonemama, no offense but I would prefer it stay out of the Gulf. It's only rained twice here lately. The first time for 20 days and the second time for 15 days!

First, let me say that you have done the best job of summarizing our weather that i have heard in a very liong time. I have a friend in Milton who is about to go batty from all the rain. We've had a few more breaks than the Panhandle but not much. I am totally with you.

Guest fyree39

Did anyone notice the Dorian alert on Carnival's web page? There's a change in itinerary for one of the cruises.

Florida panhandle here! Tallahassee to be exact. We had 53 days of rain in a row, yesterday broke the streak. But the grass was wet this am so it's possible it rained last night not sure. I am soooo over all this rain! We are supposed to leave out of Tampa Thursday. It better fall apart!!

Archived