Using iPad for Internet online

pearose

Last cruise I took I carried my laptop on board and used it to get online vs. the Internet cafe. Does anyone know if you can log on using an iPad?

yes, you just pay the fee to register and then pay the per minute cost. Other packages available

I had no problem using my iPad mini but the onboard technician had to set up the carnival webpage for me as it wasn't detecting the ship wifi at first.

Just remember to type in logout.com in your browser when you're finished so that you're properly logged off and don't incur in extra charges.

as long as your iPad is wifi capable
Aren't they all?

I've used my ipad on our last two cruises...the Dream and Glory...I got the SLOW cheaper wifi..but it worked well to surf the internet...check email...stuff like that.

There's a faster, more expensive option?

Aren't they all?

There's a faster, more expensive option?

On each cruise there were two options...I think the Dream was 99.00 for the week and you could use it on multiple devices at the same time...the cheaper slower option was 39.99 on the Dream...you could only use it on one device...the price for the slower one on the Glory in June was more...but it still was cheaper than what it used to be...and for what I'm using it for...don't mind it a bit slower as long as it cheaper:) I hated it when you had to buy minutes...this was unlimited for the week...nice:D

Surfing the web is not why I go on a cruise. I take my iPad with me but I'm not gonna be on the Internet. That's the thing I like about cruising the most is no contact with people back at home. But each to there own if u wanna surf the web go for it.

On each cruise there were two options...I think the Dream was 99.00 for the week and you could use it on multiple devices at the same time...the cheaper slower option was 39.99 on the Dream...you could only use it on one device...the price for the slower one on the Glory in June was more...but it still was cheaper than what it used to be...and for what I'm using it for...don't mind it a bit slower as long as it cheaper:) I hated it when you had to buy minutes...this was unlimited for the week...nice:D

Carnival is testing unlimited Internet packages (with slow and fast plans.). But they won't tell you in advance which dates/ships it is on. So you won't find out until you're onboard.

• 7 months later...

Oh wow.... I don't care what speed it is, if it is unlimited for one price for. The week. That would be great! All I use it for is to send a daily email to my husband at home. He hates cruising, so I stay in touch that way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carnival is testing unlimited Internet packages (with slow and fast plans.). But they won't tell you in advance which dates/ships it is on. So you won't find out until you're onboard.

Ahhhh, I was wondering because I didn't see the same thing on Glory last week, just the regular per minute packages, one speed fits all.

Internet wasn't too bad. Some days were slower than others. My husband used an iPad, I used my iPhone.

We were on the Dream in January and there were two internet speeds, slow and slower. No really, I didn't see any package with a faster or slower speed. The only difference is how much you spend to buy a package or pay by the minute. I bought the smallest package just to check Email and text a few photos. I didn't use all of the minutes. I found texting photos slower and ended up Emailing them which was faster. I even Emailed a couple of short video clips. Also, I was able to log on both my Ipad and Iphone on the same account so you don't have to buy a separate package for each device.

We were on the Dream in January and there were two internet speeds, slow and slower. No really, I didn't see any package with a faster or slower speed. The only difference is how much you spend to buy a package or pay by the minute. I bought the smallest package just to check Email and text a few photos. I didn't use all of the minutes. I found texting photos slower and ended up Emailing them which was faster. I even Emailed a couple of short video clips. Also, I was able to log on both my Ipad and Iphone on the same account so you don't have to buy a separate package for each device.

There is a new package they are trying out that offers varying speeds and unlimited minutes. It isn't on every ship and can vary even on the ships it has been offered. One lady the new two speed package on the Glory. When I sailed the Glory a different time it was the same package you had.

I find these threads just amazing. I get on a cruise ship to relax and get away from things going on. If it is that important, my family and friends know where to reach me. My question to you folks, and I am sure to get "flamed", are you the same people who must use your cell phone to talk and text while driving?

But as a shareholder, please, keep spending your $100/week on a satellite link that tends to drop frequently. It keeps the share prices up, my dividends paid, and my OBC/cruise :)

"Flame away"...

Steve

I find these threads just amazing. I get on a cruise ship to relax and get away from things going on. If it is that important, my family and friends know where to reach me. My question to you folks, and I am sure to get "flamed", are you the same people who must use your cell phone to talk and text while driving?

But as a shareholder, please, keep spending your $100/week on a satellite link that tends to drop frequently. It keeps the share prices up, my dividends paid, and my OBC/cruise :)

"Flame away"...

Steve

I find this amazing. We all have different priorities and different situations. Great, you don't see the need for the internet on vacation. We are not all you.

We bought the smallest package for the two of us to share, no $100 here. There were some important things going on at home and I like to keep in contact. I don't begrudge anyone who wants to use it for whatever they want. It didn't affect my relaxation at all. In fact, it made my trip more enjoyable to know everything was ok and to share some stuff with those I love.

And no, I dont text and drive. I am quite against it. I don't see the relation at all.

Edited by 1kaper

DW and I used ipads wifi capable om the LEGEND T/

A worked fine for emails but I could not do work on an online grad course Aa it kept dropping out due to extensive downloads. Oh well took the hit and.completed it late

"Flame away"...

Steve

Ok, here's your flames...

Are you the type to enter a thread that you have no interest in and make irrelevant comments and draw unwarranted comparisons? Do you jump into random conversations and spy on your neighbors with binoculars?

Anyway, to the OP, the iPad works great for internet. The speeds vary on different ships and they prices have really come down. I had to pay more than double for 200 minutes than unlimited costs now. The Dream was one that offered a slow speed and a fast speed, both of which were acceptable for internet usage. Both speeds on Dream were easily way faster than what I experienced on the Glory. I found even the fast speed to be unusable for stuff like cheap voice-only Skype calls. I was in school and had a difficult time transmitting documents, but text stuff went fine. I really appreciated the internet availability, though, as I otherwise would not have had time to cruise.

Thank you all for your help, and Steve....I'm sorry that you look down on people who choose to use internet on board and assume things about them that you have no idea about. Like I think I said, my husband is not a cruise, yet he has no problem with me going with the kids and doing something I enjoy. But yes, I like to send daily emails home as an inexpensive way to keep in contact with him while gone. He knows he can call if there is a real emergency. I'm sorry you feel the need to judge others though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums