"Cellar Masters" info, please...

Cruisin'Jenny2

Looking forward to being on Constellation in November. I'm a wine drinker, but don't enjoy "new world swill". I've purchased a "Premium" drink package, and so far have not been excited about what might be forthcoming for my beverage choices.

I'm wondering about the Cellar Masters... I've read that the samples of many, many different wines are served in 1, 2.5 or 5 ounce servings. My beverage package includes wines up to $12/glass.

Question - How does this beverage package "work" with the Cellar Masters samples. Obviously a very expensive by-the-glass wine wouldn't be that expensive in 2.5 ounce portions.

Has anyone seen a Cellar Masters wine price menu, or experienced the Cellar Masters samples as part of a premium beverage package?

... just wondering if Cellar Masters might have to be my "hang-out"! thanks.

Jen

From the Celebrity website: Beverage Packages:

Use your Beverage Package many places on board

Your chosen beverage package can be used in many areas of the ship - the Main Restaurant, any specialty restaurant, the casual dining restaurants and buffet, plus all bars and lounges. Beverage packages cannot be used at the in-stateroom mini bar, through Room Service, or at the Enomatic® wine dispensing system in Cellar Masters

We were on the Constellation this past February with the Premium wine packages. Cellar Masters has been our "go to" place for great wines by the glass. Let the staff there know that you're on the premium package and your tastes in wine the first day-- I promise they will make your trip one to remember. They have a Super Tuscan that is on the package, if you're a red wine drinker. And, of course, they serve everything in the proper glass.

Cheers,

Pam

We do not have a drinks package and have decided not to buy one as our cruise will be quite port intensive.

Can we just buy a wine card and if so how much is it on a twelve night cruise?

For those that have bought one do you think that they are good value?

Do you just use it in the one venue?

Can you take your glass out of that venue?

Sorry to ask so many questions but we drink mainly wine (well I do) so seeing mention of a wine card attracted my attention.

Thanks

We do not have a drinks package and have decided not to buy one as our cruise will be quite port intensive.

Can you take your glass out of that venue?

Sorry to ask so many questions but we drink mainly wine (well I do) so seeing mention of a wine card attracted my attention.

Thanks

The wine card is only used with the wine dispensing machines in Cellar Masters. The card is like a pre-paid credit card, that you insert into the machine, select the wine you want and the size of the pour, and it will deduct the price from your card and pour the wine. You load it up with whatever value you want, and use that value to sample the wines from the machines.

The wine card can't be used in any other venue, and iirc you can't get a refund on the unused value if you don't use it all up on your cruise.

EDIT: Here's a good shot of the machines that you use the wine card in img_053867.jpg

The wine card is purchased in dollar amounts, e.g. $100 or whatever. It can be reloaded as needed and used by you both.

Yes, especially if you purchase them at the onset of your cruise when you get bonus amounts, e.g. $140 on the card but you pay less

You can select wine by the glass in increments of 1, 3, 6, 9 ounces from the Enomatic machines only in Cellar Masters

Can you take your glass out of that venue? Yes

Thanks

If you have any leftover $$ on your card at cruise end, just bring the card with you on your next voyage- mine is tucked away with my passport to be sure I bring it this October!

Archived