Breakaway-couple of questions

c5chaps

Will be on the Breakaway in a couple weeks (oohhh yea) was wondering from past cruisers if and when the breakaway blows her horn??? and if there are safes in the cabin can 2 laptops fit?? Thanks C5chaps:)

Will be on the Breakaway in a couple weeks (oohhh yea) was wondering from past cruisers if and when the breakaway blows her horn??? and if there are safes in the cabin can 2 laptops fit?? Thanks C5chaps:)

I don't recall when the horn blows, but I can tell you that a standard size laptop will not fit. If you have a netbook or a 7" tablet it will fit if you angle it into the safe.

It blew its horn every few minutes the night before NY as it was in a fog bank.

A std size iPad fits into the safe at an angle but a full size laptop wouldn't

To fit a std trad iPad you have to angle it down to the base at the back and then put your wallet or other stuff under so that the other end sits above the back of the control pad when you shut the door.

So if laptops don't fit in the safe what have you done to keep your ipads and laptops safe in the cabin?? my spouse is EXTREMELY worried about the T word (theft) me not as much ,any suggestions would be helpful

So if laptops don't fit in the safe what have you done to keep your ipads and laptops safe in the cabin?? my spouse is EXTREMELY worried about the T word (theft) me not as much ,any suggestions would be helpful

When I was on the Jewel we left our Apple laptop out. It wouldn't fit in the safe. We just kept it out of sight if the door was open. I think most things get stolen by other passengers walking past an open door bc the room steward maybe cleaning the cabin. We also had the iPad, iPhone and Louis Vuitton purse out in the cabin bc it all cant fit in the safe. Nothing was ever moved.

We usually lock our laptop and DVD player in our suitcase and take them out as needed. My DW and I are on the 8/25 sailing.

Only thing we every locked up in the safe were our passports, cash and credit cards. I left my netbook on the counter in our room, usually because that's where the outlet was, as I would upload all our daily photos each night. I guess I never considered that it could be stolen.

Lock it in your suitcase but as I mentioned earlier all iPads (including full-size like mine) fit in the safes (same used on Breakaway and Epic).

I alway tuck my electronics in a drawer... out of sight out of mind...

And as all should... Make sure you back up your laptop or other electronics before going on vacation just I case it should get stolen, lost, or broken your not out all your important information...

Kari

Archived