Cruise documentation needed for cruise??

Domb23

I have been on 7 previous cruises, but it has been about 6 yrs or so since my last cruise, so I am not completely sure what I need to bring to the port for embarkation. I feel it was much easier when they sent you a cruise booklet. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could let me know which documents i need to bring with me to the port. I know that I need to bring my passport with me and I think I filled out all of the online check in forms. What else do I need to print out or bring with me to the port. Thanks!!

CAS

[quote name='Domb23']I have been on 7 previous cruises, but it has been about 6 yrs or so since my last cruise, so I am not completely sure what I need to bring to the port for embarkation. I feel it was much easier when they sent you a cruise booklet. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could let me know which documents i need to bring with me to the port. I know that I need to bring my passport with me and I think I filled out all of the online check in forms. What else do I need to print out or bring with me to the port. Thanks!!

CAS[/quote]
The boarding pass (SetSail pass) is good to have, but not absolutely necessary. Credit card and another photo ID, like drivers license.

[quote name='Domb23']I have been on 7 previous cruises, but it has been about 6 yrs or so since my last cruise, so I am not completely sure what I need to bring to the port for embarkation. I feel it was much easier when they sent you a cruise booklet. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could let me know which documents i need to bring with me to the port. I know that I need to bring my passport with me and I think I filled out all of the online check in forms. What else do I need to print out or bring with me to the port. Thanks!!

CAS[/QUOTE]
[SIZE="3"]Sea pass boarding information filled out, this is gotten from the Royal Caribbean before you cruise site, and prof of citizenship, birth certificate and picture ID or passport or passport card.[/SIZE]

I know you have to print out the "Set Sail Pass", but honestly can't figure out how to do it. I've just spent the past hour trying to find the link, or where it says how to do it. I was thinking it's not available till close to the date, but the OP is clearly very close already. So maybe that's not the answer.

I've got the check in all completed too. So I'm hoping someone will jump in here with an answer for us both.

[quote name='Gayle V']I know you have to print out the "Set Sail Pass", but honestly can't figure out how to do it. I've just spent the past hour trying to find the link, or where it says how to do it. I was thinking it's not available till close to the date, but the OP is clearly very close already. So maybe that's not the answer.

I've got the check in all completed too. So I'm hoping someone will jump in here with an answer for us both.[/quote]
On Royal's main page, click on "Online Check-on". Follow the prompts to enter all your information. Once the info is entered, and you have made final payment, you hould see a "Print SetSail" pass button.

[quote name='Gayle V']I know you have to print out the "Set Sail Pass", but honestly can't figure out how to do it. I've just spent the past hour trying to find the link, or where it says how to do it. I was thinking it's not available till close to the date, but the OP is clearly very close already. So maybe that's not the answer.

I've got the check in all completed too. So I'm hoping someone will jump in here with an answer for us both.[/quote]
Once you've made Final Payment, you should receive an email from RCI indicating that your SetSail Pass is ready to print. Or, as Bob has indicated, once final is made it will say "Ready To Print". You have up to 72 hours prior to departure to print it off.

CAS[/quote]

Nothing. All you need is your passport and your online check in seapass form. That is it

[quote name='Domb23']I have been on 7 previous cruises, but it has been about 6 yrs or so since my last cruise, so I am not completely sure what I need to bring to the port for embarkation. I feel it was much easier when they sent you a cruise booklet. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could let me know which documents i need to bring with me to the port. I know that I need to bring my passport with me and I think I filled out all of the online check in forms. What else do I need to print out or bring with me to the port. [/quote][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3]Do try to print the SetSail Pass (as clarea and cruisenfever described) and bring it with you if you can because it makes the check in process at the port a little faster if you have it.

But if you can't print it, don't worry. You will still be able to board the ship.
If you arrive without it, they either give you a form to fill out or else they ask you some questions and key in the answers right there (which is what they did for some of our travel companions who boarded at Harwich without a SetSail Pass recently).

Just don't forget your passport! That is about the only thing you really need to bring.

It would also be a good idea to look over the cruise documents they send you online, or download them to whatever electronic device you use, but there is no need to print them out.

They stopped mailing them out in the bulky printed booklet form some time ago, realizing that they were a big waste because all those printed pages just ended up in the trash.

If you still want the booklet and use a travel agent, you could try asking your travel agent for it as there are some travel agents who still sent them to their customers at no charge.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks for all the answers I am glad to know that all I really need is the set sail paper and my passport.

I filled out the waivers for the rock wall p, flow rider, etc.... Do ou have to print those out??

[quote name='Domb23']Thanks for all the answers I am glad to know that all I really need is the set sail paper and my passport.

I filled out the waivers for the rock wall p, flow rider, etc.... Do ou have to print those out??[/quote]

No, the info will be imbedded in your sea pass card, they will know when its swiped . Just have your card when you go to do these things

Make photo copies of any documents you are bringing. Leave one at home and take one with you in case of loss. I would also keep a copy of credit cards and number to call if lost or stolen. There will probably be a safe in your cabin in which to store these copies.

[quote name='SeaUs']another photo ID for what?[/quote]
Sometimes ports require a photo ID to enter the terminal area on your way back to the ship. Some people don't want to take their passport off the ship, so a drivers licence can serve as the photo ID in these situations.

[quote name='clarea']sometimes ports require a photo id to enter the terminal area on your way back to the ship. Some people don't want to take their passport off the ship, so a drivers licence can serve as the photo id in these situations.[/quote]

x2!

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3]While a driver's license can be used as a photo ID, no driver's license is needed in port unless you are planning to drive at that location.

Otherwise, it is easier to use a photocopy of your passport as your photo ID for the ports (just the main page that has your photo).

If it is lost or stolen, it is so much faster and easier to replace the photocopy than to replace a lost or stolen driver's license or passport.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='clarea']Sometimes ports require a photo ID to enter the terminal area on your way back to the ship. Some people don't want to take their passport off the ship, so a drivers licence can serve as the photo ID in these situations.[/quote]
I realize, but you made it sound like you needed it to get on the ship

Archived