We took the plunge!

Well after months of internet surfing we finally pulled the trigger and booked our first cruise! :D We are Bahama bound on jan 12,2014 for 8days on Splendor of the Seas! Any tips for this specific ship or cruise would be great!

Are you sure you are on the right board? I think it is the CARNIVAL Splendor going to the Bahamas on that date. I think the Royal Caribbean Splendour will be in South America. Admittedly, I could be wrong.

:eek:

Well after months of internet surfing we finally pulled the trigger and booked our first cruise! :D We are Bahama bound on jan 12,2014 for 8days on Splendor of the Seas! Any tips for this specific ship or cruise would be great!

I sure hope you don't fly down to the Bahamas for your cruise because your cruise is in South America. :eek: Have a great cruise!

Grandeur of the Seas runs 8 night Bahama's out of B'more during the winter...I know - I'm boarding on 1/3/14 for just that itin;)

I've considered doing that cruise, but I just can't wrap my head around 2-3 sea days being in the cold/snow.

I've considered doing that cruise, but I just can't wrap my head around 2-3 sea days being in the cold/snow.

If you can see my siggy, you'll see we usually sail every year between December and February. Grandeur is actually a very good ship for sailing in cooler weather (has the crystal canopy over the solarium which makes it quite toasty!;) The other advantage of the two days coming and going is you can relax and really get ready to enjoy the island your going to and then you have a few days to recover from whatever your vice is before you return to reality:p:(. Also, usually by 2nd day late afternoon you are far enough down to be comfortable in shorts and a tee shirt on protected areas of the deck - and the hot tubs are great anytime! I've been in them at midnight the night before docking in NJ;)

Us, too!

Have you joined the roll call yet? It's very quiet:( - bummer dude.

Get ready to be addicted to cruising! :D Next time look at a Royal Caribbean cruise but for now, have fun on your first cruise vacation!!!

Bon Voyage!

I did look at at RCI and several others. The main reason I didn't go with RCI was departure port (for this cruise) but we shall see.

Archived