Freedom of the Seas web site!

yes i have downloaded the latest versions of flash and java,also tried it on internet explorer,I get the intro and then blank,perhaps they just want to surprise me;)

If you are running anti-virus, turn it off. Second, are you on dial up? If so, it may take a while to load, as it is graphic intense.

Try the turning off the AV, then we'll go from there....

Also, I don't think flash is a bad idea. Especially with broadband. Nissan's entire site is flash, and it's nice. Flash sites are really popular.

If you are running anti-virus, turn it off. Second, are you on dial up? If so, it may take a while to load, as it is graphic intense.

Try the turning off the AV, then we'll go from there....

Also, I don't think flash is a bad idea. Especially with broadband. Nissan's entire site is flash, and it's nice. Flash sites are really popular.

Here's why I don't like flash not that much...

1. Compatibility Issues

2. Slow download speeds (for dial-up)

3. Hard to search

I just looked at Nissan's page, and they do have a nice blend of Flash, images, and HTML.

Guest OBAYbee
done all the above great intro then a blank screen:confused:

If you are getting the impressive first screen with sound and nothing more, update your java.

Awesome site eh Ty! Enjoy.... love the shipyard photo .... Freedom seems to cloud our thoughts of Sapphire don't you think Ty ;)

Emmy

LOL...Hey Emmy! :D I think you're right...excitement about the Freedom has overshadowed my Sapphire cruise.

I received the e-mail from RCI yesterday. What a great website! They sure know how to keep you on your toes with their top secret being revealed in August. We got to get ourselves booked on this ship - soon.:D

For the those of you saying there is not enough info on the site, just be patient...They can only release so much at a time. They cant tell us all the secrets now, just wait until you see what they have in store for us:)

Tim

Guest Crazeecat5

Hi all,

Finally was able to see the site. Used Netscape Navigator. Can't wait to see the Top Secret stuff. My DH and I are booked on the July 23,2006 cruise.

Sheryl

I don't get why they have to make these things so darn complicated. Most websites that use flash have a second page that does not. This stupid thing is really starting to get me angry. Technoligy does not always work this is the main reason I dont like the computer check in.

I don't get why they have to make these things so darn complicated. Most websites that use flash have a second page that does not. This stupid thing is really starting to get me angry. Technoligy does not always work this is the main reason I dont like the computer check in.

What OS are you running? XP, 98, ME, Mac?

thanks for all the advice I have the latest java and flash i believe its 7 i am running windows xp with aol 2mb broadband adsl,I have tried running it with the pop ups allowed and with the firewall and virus software off.still wont work.but java and flash both work on other sites,stranger and stranger:rolleyes:

I am starting to think it is AOL as well. I still wish RCCL made a duplicate website that wasn't so advanced. My P.C. is brand new. I have all the bells and whistles its just that the stupid thing wont work. I think I am going to try that FIRE FOX thing.

That didn't work either.

How many of you have a high speed internet connection. I think that might be part of it. I only have dial-up.

Extreme DSL here. You're probably right. It may just not be loading. Someone else said they only get the black page, so maybe that's it. Have you waited a bit for it to load? Did you try to refresh the page, or delete the temp files?

Oh, one more thing. I know some of you said you have flash, but did you try to install it again? Maybe the version you have is corrupt, or needs updating.

I was only seeing the Freedom video until it got close to the ship, then it would go black. I finally was able to see it. This is what I did.

1. I used explorer instead of aol.

2. I cleared the history in explorer (not just aol)

3. I allowed pop-ups in explorer (not just aol)

4. I re-installed flash through explorer

5. I rebooted.

Good luck to those still frustrated.

That didn't work either.

How many of you have a high speed internet connection. I think that might be part of it. I only have dial-up.

no eric i have top speed aol broadband and it still wont work I think rcl have some more work to do with this site their seems to be a lot of us out there.

Archived