Freedom of the Seas web site!

Took a while to load and experienced a few glitches the first time it started to play, but then it worked well. Hate having to wait until August for more info, but the quality of what they have on their is good, especially the views of the jacuzzi's overlooking the ocean. I suspect that they will have artist's concepts of the staterooms which will give us a better idea than the floorplan does. By October 15, 2006 we will be more than ready to explore this ship. :)

Guest Crazeecat5

Choosin,

I'm having the same problem. Only shows the intro then a black screen. Guess they're still working on it.

Sheryl

Guest Crazeecat5

Just got an email from RCCL introducing this new site and giving me the link. It still only gets me to a black screen. I emailed them back explaining this. Let's see what happens.....

Sheryl

THANK U SO MUCH FOR BEING THE FIRST TO SHARE THIS INFO WITH EVERYONE!!!! :D :cool: :D

Awesome site eh Ty! Enjoy.... love the shipyard photo .... Freedom seems to cloud our thoughts of Sapphire don't you think Ty ;)

Emmy

I must say the site leaves much to be desired.

First, the design doesn't really look as elegant and sharp as most RCCL materials. For example, on the home page that launches the flash site, the form of Rockwell they use seems almost cartoonish, like the rest of the site.

Second, its flash. Not smart. Now people cannot search the site with popular search engines, i.e. Google.

The countdown clock is also a mistake. What if something goes wrong?

Do we really see anything that new on the site?

Sorry, but I don't think RCCL has done a good job selling a product that isn't completed yet.

Just my $0.02 for the night...

Guest OBAYbee

Erick and crazeecat5,

Check to see if you have a recent version of “JAVA” installed on your computer. If not you can download it free here http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp

Make sure you have Macromedia Flash player installed. (Not Macromedia Shockwave. They are very different.) Also check and make sure you have the most recent version of both programs. Usually when your screen stops like you’ve described it is indicative of an outdated version. Also, see if your browser is compatible with the flash player.

To check and see if you have installed flash player correctly go here: http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

If the animation plays you have installed the flash player correctly. Move your mouse over the “about” and it will tell you what version is installed on your computer. I have 7,0,19,0 installed and the site works perfectly for me.

If you have the outdated version, install the latest version and reboot. Hope this helps.

It works just perfectly for us on our Verizon DSL. I think it's a great presentation. In looking at the deck plans, what's the difference in a D1 and a D2? D1 has the sofa bed? That's it? or am I missing something?

Emmy, I got the same email and it looks like fun to me. I love those types of fun zones in the water parks we go to! Dorney has a really cool one, much more fun than just laying around a pool. On the Serenade we used the water slide because the kids ( the few there were) did not use it!:D

I guess you could find distasteful if you were an old ( or young) F*art!:rolleyes: I am older, but not "old" in any way!:p

I must say the site leaves much to be desired.

First, the design doesn't really look as elegant and sharp as most RCCL materials. For example, on the home page that launches the flash site, the form of Rockwell they use seems almost cartoonish, like the rest of the site.

Second, its flash. Not smart. Now people cannot search the site with popular search engines, i.e. Google.

The countdown clock is also a mistake. What if something goes wrong?

Do we really see anything that new on the site?

Sorry, but I don't think RCCL has done a good job selling a product that isn't completed yet.

Just my $0.02 for the night...

SITE HAS BEEN UP A FEW HOURS AND ALREADY SOMEONE IS COMPLAINING.....CAN WE PLEASE KEEP IT TO THE POINT AND THANK RCCL FOR GIVING US THIS SITE, AND SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO.

THANKS!

SITE HAS BEEN UP A FEW HOURS AND ALREADY SOMEONE IS COMPLAINING.....CAN WE PLEASE KEEP IT TO THE POINT AND THANK RCCL FOR GIVING US THIS SITE, AND SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO.

THANKS!

[rant]

I'm sorry for expressing my opinion! :rolleyes: Last time I checked, a forum was for discussing about issues! Not everyone has to fall in love with this site! [/rant]

Seriously now, graphic design is an interest for me, and I just don't like the website that much. I also know a few very good web designers and I am learning how to be one. It's not like I'm flaming the site for no reason.

One of the key factors needed to sell a product is that initial "wow" factor. The site didn't do that for me. This could be because I'm a cruising addict. :D Since I have already seen many of the concept drawings posted here before, the site just seemed like a re-hashing of what we've already seen.

For first time cruisers, they might have a different experience.

Again, just my $0.02, but this time it's morning. :D

Emmy, I got the same email and it looks like fun to me. I love those types of fun zones in the water parks we go to! Dorney has a really cool one, much more fun than just laying around a pool. On the Serenade we used the water slide because the kids ( the few there were) did not use it!:D

I guess you could find distasteful if you were an old ( or young) F*art!:rolleyes: I am older, but not "old" in any way!:p

Hello Beth.... Freedom here we come right..come over to the Freedom thread to say hello.... hope all is well with you :)

Em

First of all, I am happy RCCL has given us some info to whet our appetites.

For those having problems accessing the site, I also had difficulty using AOL.

When I used Internet Explorer I had not problem.

Hope this helps.

All the best.

Archived