Food you can get on board for infants?

caribbean1004

We are cruising with our 8 month old on Royal Caribbean EOS. I see some suggestions on various posts on food I can get on board to give an infant, but no specific threads. (Of course we will bring our own formula & some baby food also.) Any more suggestions to add to these few I saw?

-Cheerios at breakfast

-Mashed potatoes

-Steamed veggies to mash

-Yogurt - does anyone know if they usually have Greek or plain yogurt?

Would love some more ideas. Thanks!!!

There will often be soups with really soft meat/veggies inside that can be taken out and cooled for baby. Oatmeal' date=' eggs.

Best,

Mia[/quote']

Love the tip about soups - such an awesome idea!! And will definitely be doing oatmeal and eggs too - thanks!!

Honestly at 8 months our son was eating small size bites of everything we ate, no special prep necessary. It made meals easier and now, even at 10 months, he eats anything and everything. His favorites are cabbage noodles, steak (well done) and crab cakes. He only has 2 teeth, too.

Try different foods than you'd expect your baby would like- they might surprise you!

Honestly at 8 months our son was eating small size bites of everything we ate, no special prep necessary. It made meals easier and now, even at 10 months, he eats anything and everything. His favorites are cabbage noodles, steak (well done) and crab cakes. He only has 2 teeth, too.

Try different foods than you'd expect your baby would like- they might surprise you!

That's awesome your son was eating so well at 8 mos! I really hope our baby can eat that well too. Our baby is a huge eater, so I was sure he would be eating, like you mentioned, small bites of our food, but teething has limited his foods this week. So now I'm back to worrying about what he will be able to eat... haha The unpredictability of babies! :)

8 months is no longer an "infant"!!! Your baby will be eating lots of stuff...and there's PLENTY on the ship!

Bananas and applesauce are also available!

Haha I can't call him my infant anymore? He is growing up too quickly!!

Oh, bananas and apple sauce, good tip! I'm guessing buffet?

Although I've never sailed Royal, I have sailed several other lines, and they have all offered plain yogurt as well a the ones with fruit. There is often fresh fruit that is cut into bite sized pieces. Lots of crackers. EM

Although I've never sailed Royal, I have sailed several other lines, and they have all offered plain yogurt as well a the ones with fruit. There is often fresh fruit that is cut into bite sized pieces. Lots of crackers. EM

Thanks! Hoping they will have plain yogurt :) Would much rather feed him fresh fruit! Crackers would be great for him to gnaw at and keep him occupied :D

Oh I guess cold fruit soups would be pretty similar to the blended fresh fruit I feed him at home :) great idea thanks!

Yes, I was going to suggest them. Babies usually love them. If there's one he particularly likes just ask the waiter to have it for him every night. They aim to please.

Love the tip about soups - such an awesome idea!! And will definitely be doing oatmeal and eggs too - thanks!!

just an FYI with regulr oatmeal and infants,..if you haven't given it to the infant before, just be careful. We tried when my son was 10 months and he threw it up b/c it was simply too thick for his system. My pediatrician said to wait till after a year (in his case). Just an FYI! If you aren't sure just grab a box of the gerber oatmeal for babies (or whatever brand you use) because you can always mix it with mashed fruits or something on board.

just an FYI with regulr oatmeal and infants,..if you haven't given it to the infant before, just be careful. We tried when my son was 10 months and he threw it up b/c it was simply too thick for his system. My pediatrician said to wait till after a year (in his case). Just an FYI! If you aren't sure just grab a box of the gerber oatmeal for babies (or whatever brand you use) because you can always mix it with mashed fruits or something on board.

Thanks for the warning! Very good to know. Maybe we will try mashing in some extra juicy fruit or something to water it down a bit..and we'll definitely need to do just a little at first to try it out. Thanks again!!

We sailed when my daughter was 10 months. Some of the things i remember her eating were scrambled eggs, bread (rolls), pancakes, the fruit soups (was kinda like melted ice cream if you ask me!), bananas (these were only available during the first half of the week, by the second half they were rotted and they had no more is what the waiter told me LOL), mashed potatoes, and cheese :)

We sailed when my daughter was 10 months. Some of the things i remember her eating were scrambled eggs, bread (rolls), pancakes, the fruit soups (was kinda like melted ice cream if you ask me!), bananas (these were only available during the first half of the week, by the second half they were rotted and they had no more is what the waiter told me LOL), mashed potatoes, and cheese :)

Great suggestions - thanks so much! He is going to be in for a treat on the cruise - as much so as we are it seems! :)

Forgive my ignorance if this is not appropriate for a baby-sitter air don't have kids, but there is rice available on the buffet almost around the clock near the ethnic foods.

We are hoping he will be able to have more rice by then (only has it blended up or in small quantities for now), and will definitely check out the buffet for it. Thanks!

Excellent thread! I've cruised many times pre-babies and we are taking out then 14 month old on a 9 night cruise in December. I've been slightly panicking about food for her to eat! She isn't a great eater and still has mostly mashed food (she is currently 10 months) I notice the other bubs at mums group want to pick off their parents plate, but my daughter really couldn't care less! She can have rice, mixed in with her mashed veggies and eats weetbix (wheat based biscuit type things) for breakfast. I know it is still 4 months away and hopefully she will be a much better eater by then. I notice people suggesting Cheerios - are these soft/hard/sugary etc? We don't have them here so I'm unsure. I'm hoping because we are sailing from Sydney that they will have some Australian food stuffs on board. I know Carnival have 'Aussie-fied' their ship out here, hopefully Royal have done the same.

If any one has more tips I'm listening too!

Excellent thread! I've cruised many times pre-babies and we are taking out then 14 month old on a 9 night cruise in December. I've been slightly panicking about food for her to eat! She isn't a great eater and still has mostly mashed food (she is currently 10 months) I notice the other bubs at mums group want to pick off their parents plate, but my daughter really couldn't care less! She can have rice, mixed in with her mashed veggies and eats weetbix (wheat based biscuit type things) for breakfast. I know it is still 4 months away and hopefully she will be a much better eater by then. I notice people suggesting Cheerios - are these soft/hard/sugary etc? We don't have them here so I'm unsure. I'm hoping because we are sailing from Sydney that they will have some Australian food stuffs on board. I know Carnival have 'Aussie-fied' their ship out here, hopefully Royal have done the same.

If any one has more tips I'm listening too!

14 months is a lot different than 10 months. My 13 month olds ate items from the adult menu for every meal on our cruise - there was always plenty appropriate for them, and it was so fun letting them try all kinds of new things. The crew dotes on babies - I bet they'll make sure she's fed.

Best,

Mia

Archived