Majesty or Spirit - Which Would You Get Rid of?

Which lease would you renew?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which lease would you renew?

• Keep BOTH.
    • Keep SPIRIT, get rid of MAJESTY.
    • Keep MAJESTY, get rid of SPIRIT.
    • Get rid of BOTH.

Hi

I would keep the Majesty but she does need some work doing on her:)

Yeah, like opening the drain cocks and letting it sink, I do think at times whether these posts praising this awful vessel are from genuine passengers:rolleyes:

Yeah, like opening the drain cocks and letting it sink, I do think at times whether these posts praising this awful vessel are from genuine passengers:rolleyes:

Don't really think there is any need for that, even if you didn't like her. We haven't been on Majesty yet, and are really looking forward to our cruise next May.

We are all entitle to our own opinions some like the ship some don't and I like the ports of call Adriatic Explorer :)

Don't really think there is any need for that, even if you didn't like her. We haven't been on Majesty yet, and are really looking forward to our cruise next May.

I have been on the Majesty for two weeks just returned 23rd August and I found her ok, I am very fuss person very clean. I was on Deck 9 and the only time I heard vibration is when the vessel was docking. I met some good friends and have rebook again for next August :)

Go and enjoy it :D

We are doing Adriatic Explorer and Aegean Delights next May. I have seen lots of reviews for and against the layout of Majesty, but thought the comments were a bit harsh. Might worry first time cruisers booked on her who don't know what to expect.

I went on my own and I don't know what to expect I was on Deck 9 cabin (963) it was fine, only time I heard the vessel come in was when she was docking. Once you find you way round it is easy Deck 5 is where the four season and seven season restaurant are, reception and bar in the middle at the end of deck 5 Piano Bar and the Firework Lounge for the quiz nights, deck 6 Jubliee Lounge for the shows and also Thompson do their get together in their for excursions. don't worry just go and enjoy. if I can help with anything I will:) Ps we have already booked again for next year on the Majesty Pearls of the Aegean :D:D

I am sorry if anyone does not like my comments on the Majesty but the point is that we have not met anyone who have said they preferred it, and a lot of these were disgruntled passengers in May last year and since then people we have met on recent cruises were not happy with it. Thomson try to promote it as something it isn't. We were given the option last year of transferring the booking to another ship but would have to had paid administration fees but in hindsight it would have been better.

The Majesty is probably a good experience for a first cruise, but when compared to the rest of the fleet it is nowhere near the standard of the others.

Don't worry folks. We are going and will enjoy ourselves. The itinerary is fantastic, and we will go with the flow on board. We have only been on the Dream so far and loved her to bits, but have read reviews from some who were not happy on board her, so yes, I know different people have different outlook of what is important on the cruise.

As long as we are safe, well fed, entertained and looked after we will be fine.

Our choice of itineraries with Thomson are limited to the Dream, Celebration and Spirit because there is no way we would choose to go on the inferior Majesty again:(

so agree with you

Don't worry folks. We are going and will enjoy ourselves. The itinerary is fantastic, and we will go with the flow on board. We have only been on the Dream so far and loved her to bits, but have read reviews from some who were not happy on board her, so yes, I know different people have different outlook of what is important on the cruise.

As long as we are safe, well fed, entertained and looked after we will be fine.

And you will be Gillhalfpint. 4th time for me next week and I can confirm that! Only disappointment is that I will be on Majesty when you are in my home area or we could have met up on dry land (or wood land). :D;)

I am sorry if anyone does not like my comments on the Majesty but the point is that we have not met anyone who have said they preferred it, and a lot of these were disgruntled passengers in May last year and since then people we have met on recent cruises were not happy with it. Thomson try to promote it as something it isn't. We were given the option last year of transferring the booking to another ship but would have to had paid administration fees but in hindsight it would have been better.

The Majesty is probably a good experience for a first cruise, but when compared to the rest of the fleet it is nowhere near the standard of the others.

Ours was not a first cruise.

We had previously cruised with Thomson and Royal Caribbean.

We liked the Majesty very much as did everyone we spoke to on the ship, we like the Spirit too but we actually liked the Majesty better. The food was excellent and actually far better than we had on the Spirit where I can honestly say we thought the food was quite poor but we did say after there may have been a change over of chefs etc, these things happen but everyone was complaining. This is possibly what happened in May with your cruise , just a staffing issue causing a fee problems?

All ships have good and bad times when our food was not good on the spirit we put it down to experience we didn't make a big thing of it on our return after all there's always lots of people due to go on any ship and after saving for months or years don't want to hear negative things before they go that's very unfair.

We met lots who actually preferred the Majesty to other ships in the fleet and met no-one who disliked it and I am saying that quite honestly.

We still really liked the Spirit even with the not so perfect food but loved everything about the Majesty. At least with four ships to chose from we can all just decide for ourselves it's a shame to get upset over it.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Really un called for and I think you are being quite rude.

As I've said we loved the Majesty, we have travelled all over the world and are used to nice things. We couldn't fault it and it seems we are not on our own.

If you didn't like it that's fair enough, it's not for everyone, no ship is perfect but you really do not need to be so unpleasant about it.

I was not going to get involved in this, because I'm sure some people just come on here to cause trouble and it's best to ignore them, but saying that a ship should be sunk is disgraceful. I can assure you that I have been on the ship and am not in the habit of making up reviews for ships I haven't been on. We really liked the ship. The food and entertainment were far better than the Dream.

I also think it is unfair to compare what the ship was like when Thomson first took her over and what she is like now. Do you look at hotel reviews written years ago? No, you read the recent ones. I should say there are now far more people who like the ship than those who don't.

Of course we all like different things and places, it would be strange if we were all the same. We didn't like the Ocean Village or the IOTS very much, but I know lots of people do. I would never suggest they should be sunk!

I am still trying to ascertain exactly what people don't like about her. I have asked before, but not received an answer. On Facebook, when someone was asked why she didn't like the ship, it turned out that she had to carry her baby up some stairs to the top deck and they didn't sell Strongbow! Hardly major issues. I thought the hairdryer was pretty useless, but it wouldn't stop me going on her again.

And you will be Gillhalfpint. 4th time for me next week and I can confirm that! Only disappointment is that I will be on Majesty when you are in my home area or we could have met up on dry land (or wood land). :D;)

Enjoy Majesty, and we will hope the weather continues to be kind to us as we go up north. Will be going to Woodland while up in Barney.

Thomson try to promote it as something it isn't.

Much like the Dream then

We are doing Adriatic Explorer and Aegean Delights next May.

Also doing the Adriatic Explorer next May and cant come quick enough.After 4 times on the Dream looking forward to the Maj and others thoughts/reviews wont put me off.Its what you make of it.

Much like the Dream then

Also doing the Adriatic Explorer next May and cant come quick enough.After 4 times on the Dream looking forward to the Maj and others thoughts/reviews wont put me off.Its what you make of it.

Well said. It is our cruise and it is up to us to make it a memorable one, and where cruising is concerned it is a win win situation for us. Bring it on!!

Much like the Dream then

I think you will love it Jim.

There are little niggles with every ship but aren't we all lucky to be even going on a cruise that's what I think and we love the Majesty can't fault it at all overall :-) :-)

As I've said we loved the Majesty, we have travelled all over the world and are used to nice things. We couldn't fault it and it seems we are not on our own.

If you didn't like it that's fair enough, it's not for everyone, no ship is perfect but you really do not need to be so unpleasant about it.

I sorry my comments upset you but my biggest gripe is way Thomson could not care less, we booked on the Destiny, we were not told of the change of ship and when we found out, we were promised that it would be something it wasn't. To be fair entertainment and the crew were good on the Majesty, we just do not like the layout. Now that is my final say on it.

We have just booked again on the Celebration for two weeks next year, this was the first ship we went on and were back on it in May after 3 years and it was still as good if not better than the first time.

I sorry my comments upset you but my biggest gripe is way Thomson could not care less, we booked on the Destiny, we were not told of the change of ship and when we found out, we were promised that it would be something it wasn't. To be fair entertainment and the crew were good on the Majesty, we just do not like the layout. Now that is my final say on it.

We have just booked again on the Celebration for two weeks next year, this was the first ship we went on and were back on it in May after 3 years and it was still as good if not better than the first time.

Hi boatboy, that's ok think we are all a bit heated on this and sometimes things can read far worse than they were intended. If you were one of the ones booked on Destiny then I'm sure you were upset, hope you enjoy your next cruise, vic :-)

Hi boatboy, that's ok think we are all a bit heated on this and sometimes things can read far worse than they were intended. If you were one of the ones booked on Destiny then I'm sure you were upset, hope you enjoy your next cruise, vic :-)

Thanks Dreamgirl

Hi Dreamgirl

I have just returned from the Majesty on the 23rd August having spent two weeks on I was really surprised and couldn't fault the ship and how clean it was, We have already booked to go back on her next august for week on the Aegean classics. Ps the crew and staff couldn't do enough for you :D

Hi Dreamgirl

I have just returned from the Majesty on the 23rd August having spent two weeks on I was really surprised and couldn't fault the ship and how clean it was, We have already booked to go back on her next august for week on the Aegean classics. Ps the crew and staff couldn't do enough for you :D

Hi that's great, yes we loved it too, would book again without a worry but would on any of the four ships, fab crews and lovely atmosphere on them all :):):):)

a vote for the spirit, not a majesty fan sorry

No need to apologise in my book, lushfan. :) We all have different preferences - I choose a red car, someone else a blue one. Who would take issue with that?

So, some prefer Majesty, some prefer Spirit, or Celebration or Dream. No big deal - we'll all make our own minds up for different reasons and I'm sure we're big enough to accept all shades of opinion! ;)

Archived