Millie and Royal Suite Questions

mycruises

Hi

We are cruising around Asia in January in a RS on Millie from Singapore. I am, if I'm honest, quite concerned as it is for a special birthday and has cost a lot of money and I have read mixed reviews about Millie's 'facelift.'

More concerning still, I haven't really been able to find any photos of the Millennium class ships' Royal Suites post-solstice enhancements. What was actually changed in these Suites during the refurb? Is the ship really looking that tired?

Apparently we can have a full lunch or dinner service in the suite - what does that entail? Is there a separate menu?

My one and only cruise before was on Azamara in a Sky Suite around Europe a few years ago...I thought the service was very good here so should I expect the same if not better?

Many thanks.

We have been in the penthouse twice on Mille. It was incredible. The service is excellent. Yes, some of the furnishing are a little tired, but that did not detract from the experience at all. The butlers were wonderful and the Royal Suites share the same butlers. I would not worry, you will have an excellent time. if you are in the Royal Suites and you order dinner in the room, you are brought each course separately, not all at once, as in the other rooms. You can order anything off of the MDR menu.

Azamara does not have "Sky Suites", they have the Club Continent Suites, and would imagine that is what you had. As yes, the service will be as good.

All that being said, it does depend on who is the butler, but again, we have never had a problem.

Please do not worry, just enjoy your special birthday and have a great time

Hi

We are cruising around Asia in January in a RS on Millie from Singapore. I am, if I'm honest, quite concerned as it is for a special birthday and has cost a lot of money and I have read mixed reviews about Millie's 'facelift.'

More concerning still, I haven't really been able to find any photos of the Millennium class ships' Royal Suites post-solstice enhancements. What was actually changed in these Suites during the refurb? Is the ship really looking that tired?

Apparently we can have a full lunch or dinner service in the suite - what does that entail? Is there a separate menu?

My one and only cruise before was on Azamara in a Sky Suite around Europe a few years ago...I thought the service was very good here so should I expect the same if not better?

Many thanks.

I recently cruised in a royal suite on the Infinity. I believe that was updated prior to the Millie. I would not worry at all about your suite looking tired. Ours was very nice.

Yes, you can order from the MDR menu and your butler will serve you course by course for dinner, anyway. Not sure how lunch would work, we never did that. We also had friends in for drinks and our butler provided shrimp and other munchos to go with that. We asked him to provide the MDR menus for the whole cruise at the beginning so that we could decide what nights we liked least in order to book our specialty restaurants those nights. Since we had the menus, it was easy for our friends and us to order the dinner we wanted served in the suite.

We had the head butler and he was wonderful. As were our cabin attendants. I think you'll enjoy your royal suite.

The cushions were already on the loungers. I can't remember if there were cushions on the chairs at the table or not. There is a partial canopy covering the area outside the master bedroom and hot tub. You can stay under it if you wish or you can reposition the loungers and lay in the sun if you prefer.

Archived